Author Topic: Liberal Indoctrination  (Read 10551 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Liberal Indoctrination
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2014, 01:21:04 PM »
You are welcome stupid.  It must be informative only to someone as stupid and out of touch with reality as you are.  Because the rest of us were already aware of it.  

The second one actually has this quote as well : A billboard created by an Iowa tea party group comparing President Barack Obama to Adolf Hitler and Vladimir Lenin is being condemned by other tea party activists.

Being the right wing dingbat you are, you probably glossed right over that.   ::)

Blakely's airhead opinion doesn't change the fact that the sign #1 was created by the Tea Party  #2 has a direct comparison to Obama and Hitler  #3 exposes your hypocrisy/idiocy/blindness/daily knee padding once again.

Thanks again weirdo.  Rejected by the national tea party.  But I understand why you didn't see that. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2014, 01:22:30 PM »
Thanks again weirdo.  Rejected by the national tea party.  But I understand why you didn't see that. 

and by further example, this single teacher in this single school who was not even meeting the minimum standard of "indoctrination" must in fact be an example of Liberal Indoctrination

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2014, 01:41:10 PM »

Welcome again stupid.

Your response was predicted back on Page 1 of this thread.

When his hypocrisy explodes in his face, he always tries to either play stupid or fall back on arguing semantics. 

We all see why you didn't understand that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2014, 02:40:53 PM »
Welcome again stupid.

Your response was predicted back on Page 1 of this thread.

We all see why you didn't understand that.

Oh look the weirdo is quoting himself again.  How original.  lol

But none of this has anything to do with the attempted liberal indoctrination by this teacher.  Pretty screwed up stuff. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2014, 03:17:28 PM »

But none of this has anything to do with the attempted liberal indoctrination by this teacher.  Pretty screwed up stuff. 

I see you're still pretending that one teacher in one school making a very silly comparison (one that your party has also done many many many times) is somehow "liberal" indoctrination.

The scary liberal boogeywoman is out to indoctrinate your kids

grab your guns and your bible and barricade the door

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2014, 07:23:51 PM »

Oh look, the stupid one is being exposed as a dumb hypocrite again.  How original.  "LOL"  Or should I say how predictable.   ::)

But none of this has anything to do with the obvious exclusion of the mass attempt of indoctrination by religion and Fox News. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »
School Lesson Compares Trump to Hitler, Mussolini
By Todd Starnes
March 21, 2017

A group of moms in Saratoga Springs, New York has decided to fight back against what they call the radical leftwing indoctrination that has infested the local school system.

They call themselves the “Conservative Chicks” and one of their leaders contacted me after reading my new book, “The Deplorables’ Guide to Making America Great Again.”

She realized it was time to take a stand after a teacher at the local high school led a classroom presentation on fascism that included a graphic portrayal comparing President Donald Trump to Hitler and Mussolini.

That’s right, folks.

A tenth grade teacher at Saratoga Springs High School led a discussion on the rise of fascism during World War Two by referencing President Trump.

PHOTO/TODDSTARNES.COM

“It’s total indoctrination,” said Melissa, the parent who contacted me. She asked that I not use her last name. “It’s not their place to indoctrinate our children. It’s their job to teach the facts. Healthy debate is one thing but this definitely crossed the line.”

The entire lesson plan was posted on the school district’s website. But once I started poking around and asking questions, the lesson was hidden behind a password protected wall.

“Trump has absolutely no relation to World War Two. There’s no reason why he should be included with Stalin, Mussolini or Hitler,” the mom said. They are trying to link him to the leaders of that time. That crosses a line.”

Another graphics listed “early warning signs of fascism”:

·      Nationalism

·      Obession with national security

·      Religion and government intertwined

·      Rampant sexism

·      Fraudulent elections

·      Obsession with crime and punishment

“The fact they posted this on the school’s website shows just how brazen these teachers are,” another concerned parent told me.

“Liberal teachers need to be reminded it’s not okay to use their platform to push their agenda on our kids,” the parent added.

Supt. Mike Piccirillo defended the lesson – telling me that “teaching about fascism as a political movement in the context of World War II is part of the curriculum.”

So how does President Trump factor into World War Two?

“The cartoons you referenced were used as examples to introduce a student debate regarding how some media may be portraying our government as exhibiting the early signs of fascism,” he said.

The question posed to students was “do you believe this is fair and/or accurate?”

So at some point did the teacher explain to the classroom that such comparisons were not only unfair but also grossly inaccurate?

The superintendent did not answer that question.

“These teachers are really pushing a liberal agenda on the kids,” one of the moms told me.

I commend the Conservative Chicks for taking a stand and embracing the call to action in “The Deplorables’ Guide.” 

https://www.toddstarnes.com/column/school-lesson-compares-trump-to-hitler-mussolini

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2017, 04:26:12 PM »
People who compare Trump to Hitler or Mussolini or anything of the sort go in the same trash bin as people who compared Bush to Hitler or Obama to Hitler.

All ridiculous.

Until any of them try to get rid of the constitution and implement a dictatorship, none of them are fascists.

Although I do pick on the police state as a fascist thing, the fact that we have judicial oversight means that we do not live under fascist regimes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2018, 01:15:11 PM »
School teacher instructs students to write anti-gun letters to Congress
Todd Starnes By Todd Starnes   | Fox News

Boys and girls at Hampton Middle School in Georgia were instructed by their teacher to write letters to lawmakers calling for stricter gun control laws.

"You are trying to persuade lawmakers to have stricter gun laws to help prevent another school shooting from taking place," the assignment declared. "For this assignment, you are writing a letter to the lawmakers of the United States. The purpose of this letter is to pressure lawmakers to have stricter gun laws in the United States.

Man who predicted the collapse of GM, Fannie, and Freddie says the next big bankruptcy is going to catch everyone by surprise.
Blue Lives Matter obtained a copy of the social studies assignment from a police officer whose son was in the classroom.

"I asked him what he had for homework that night, and he said he had to write a paper on gun control," William Lee told Blue Lives Matter. "I looked at it, and I told my son, 'No, you're not doing that assignment.' Then I emailed his teacher the next day and told him that my son would not be writing that."

Good for Officer Lee!

The teacher told Officer Lee his son would be excused from the lesson and would not be penalized.

I reached out to Henry County Schools and they tell me the assignment was not a part of any approved curriculum.

"We would never approve of a politically biased assignment or directive given by a teacher," the district spokesman told me.

He assured me the letters were not sent and there was never any intent to send them.

"This activity took the wrong approach in limiting the ability of students to share any thoughts outside of what was directed of them when the subject elicits many different viewpoints from people, including students," the spokesman told me.

Henry County School, he said, does not advocate for or against gun control and had the lesson been submitted for approval -- it would not have been approved.

"It is unfortunate that this isolated incident occurred, but we are appreciative of those individuals who brought it to our attention so we could take corrective action and stop it from continuing further," the spokesman said.

The school district spokesman said the teacher has been spoken to and they tell me this will not happen again.

Let's hope not.

Public school is supposed to be about education -- not indoctrination.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/03/30/school-teacher-instructs-students-to-write-anti-gun-letters-to-congress.html

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2018, 10:12:17 AM »
School teacher instructs students to write anti-gun letters to Congress
Todd Starnes By Todd Starnes   | Fox News

Boys and girls at Hampton Middle School in Georgia were instructed by their teacher to write letters to lawmakers calling for stricter gun control laws.

"You are trying to persuade lawmakers to have stricter gun laws to help prevent another school shooting from taking place," the assignment declared. "For this assignment, you are writing a letter to the lawmakers of the United States. The purpose of this letter is to pressure lawmakers to have stricter gun laws in the United States.

Man who predicted the collapse of GM, Fannie, and Freddie says the next big bankruptcy is going to catch everyone by surprise.
Blue Lives Matter obtained a copy of the social studies assignment from a police officer whose son was in the classroom.

"I asked him what he had for homework that night, and he said he had to write a paper on gun control," William Lee told Blue Lives Matter. "I looked at it, and I told my son, 'No, you're not doing that assignment.' Then I emailed his teacher the next day and told him that my son would not be writing that."

Good for Officer Lee!

The teacher told Officer Lee his son would be excused from the lesson and would not be penalized.

I reached out to Henry County Schools and they tell me the assignment was not a part of any approved curriculum.

"We would never approve of a politically biased assignment or directive given by a teacher," the district spokesman told me.

He assured me the letters were not sent and there was never any intent to send them.

"This activity took the wrong approach in limiting the ability of students to share any thoughts outside of what was directed of them when the subject elicits many different viewpoints from people, including students," the spokesman told me.

Henry County School, he said, does not advocate for or against gun control and had the lesson been submitted for approval -- it would not have been approved.

"It is unfortunate that this isolated incident occurred, but we are appreciative of those individuals who brought it to our attention so we could take corrective action and stop it from continuing further," the spokesman said.

The school district spokesman said the teacher has been spoken to and they tell me this will not happen again.

Let's hope not.

Public school is supposed to be about education -- not indoctrination.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/03/30/school-teacher-instructs-students-to-write-anti-gun-letters-to-congress.html

I don't really see what the big deal is, to be honest. Persuasive writing is a part of any well-rounded curriculum this is probably one of the better topics. It would require students to do research, identify quality sources and force them to think about the issue. I'd have had them write a letter supporting the opposite view for the next assignment.

Or, you know, we could dumb it down and ask students to write about whether the X-Box or the PS4 is bestest. ::)

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2018, 01:19:02 PM »
I don't really see what the big deal is, to be honest. Persuasive writing is a part of any well-rounded curriculum this is probably one of the better topics. It would require students to do research, identify quality sources and force them to think about the issue. I'd have had them write a letter supporting the opposite view for the next assignment.

Or, you know, we could dumb it down and ask students to write about whether the X-Box or the PS4 is bestest. ::)
So the teacher in this circumstance also let them argue against gun control? You are projecting what your own supposed actions would be and that makes it ok somehow when that is clearly not what happened. That would be the big deal.

Let alone who knows if the teacher would have sent those letters if someone hadn't made an issue over it.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2018, 02:13:37 PM »
So the teacher in this circumstance also let them argue against gun control? You are projecting what your own supposed actions would be and that makes it ok somehow when that is clearly not what happened. That would be the big deal.

Let alone who knows if the teacher would have sent those letters if someone hadn't made an issue over it.

I’m saying I don’t think this is a huge deal. I hope you’ll permit me to have my own opinion. IF the teacher sent those letters, that’d be a different story. Asking children to write a persuasive essay on a controversial topic as part of an assignment just isn’t a big deal to me.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2018, 02:52:47 PM »

If the teacher had them write a letter addressing both sides of a hot button political issue, I would agree with you.  That's not what happened here.  This isn't the only example of a teacher trying to indoctrinate kids.  There are other stories posted in this thread.  Happens way too often.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2018, 03:18:07 PM »
I’m saying I don’t think this is a huge deal. I hope you’ll permit me to have my own opinion. IF the teacher sent those letters, that’d be a different story. Asking children to write a persuasive essay on a controversial topic as part of an assignment just isn’t a big deal to me.

The second amendment is part of the Bill of Rights.  It’s not the 8th, 9th, or 10th amendment; it’s right near the top, so it is a big deal.

Imagine a teacher asking students to write to congress about restricting freedom of speech, forcing criminals to testify against themselves, and forcing citizens to house troops.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2018, 04:02:12 PM »
The second amendment is part of the Bill of Rights.  It’s not the 8th, 9th, or 10th amendment; it’s right near the top, so it is a big deal.

Imagine a teacher asking students to write to congress about restricting freedom of speech, forcing criminals to testify against themselves, and forcing citizens to house troops.

Exactly.  I can see value in having them address both sides, but that's not what we're dealing with.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2018, 05:01:30 PM »

I don’t value the 2nd less than I value the 1st or more than I value the 5th. Each and every amendment from the Bill of Rights is as important as the next.

I’d have no problem with being asked to write a persuasive essay arguing for the repeal of any one Amendment. Doesn’t mean I support that position, of course, but I can argue it. And in doing so, I strengthen my own convictions too.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2018, 06:32:35 PM »
I don’t value the 2nd less than I value the 1st or more than I value the 5th. Each and every amendment from the Bill of Rights is as important as the next.

I’d have no problem with being asked to write a persuasive essay arguing for the repeal of any one Amendment. Doesn’t mean I support that position, of course, but I can argue it. And in doing so, I strengthen my own convictions too.

Do you really regard the Third and Seventh amendments as important as the First and Second?

We today have the luxury of considering the Bill of Rights from afar, but the Founders held it near
and dear, so the order of the amendments is no accident.  Those 10 amendments were necessary to have the Constitution ratified.

You’re ignoring the anti-firearm sentiment that pervades staff at public schools and universities.  This is an example of Liberal indoctrination. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2018, 06:38:20 PM »
I could understand if the topic was to have the kids write a letter for OR against the topic. Give them a choice and let them do the research based on their choice. However forcing them to write against it is what creates the indoctrination. Would a teacher have their students write a letter condemning muslims and their violent religious rhetoric?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2018, 07:56:00 PM »
Do you really regard the Third and Seventh amendments as important as the First and Second?

I regard every single amendment that's part of the Bill of Rights as being of paramount importance.

We today have the luxury of considering the Bill of Rights from afar, but the Founders held it near and dear, so the order of the amendments is no accident.  Those 10 amendments were necessary to have the Constitution ratified.

You’re ignoring the anti-firearm sentiment that pervades staff at public schools and universities.  This is an example of Liberal indoctrination. 

I teach at a University (go 'Hoos!) so I think that I'm quite aware of the prevailing sentiment; if I were to venture a guess, I'm probably more aware of it than you. My take is simple: younger people tend to be more "idealistic" and, by extension, are more likely to buy into the utopian and somewhat historically inaccurate vision that liberals present.

As for me, I haven't really observed significant anti-firearm sentiment from instructors in my field. I do know several professors whose political beliefs are best described as "Far Right" and "Far Left" but I have never once heard them discuss their beliefs with their students in any context. This isn't unexpected: a University is a microcosm of society at large, so it's bound to have people whose views are across the spectrum, and a place where people are encouraged (required even!) to challenge their preconceived notions and cast a critical eye on their own personal beliefs.

Which brings us to your liberal indoctrination bit: you're clearly woke and know what's up. So I urge you, attend a class at your local University and report back to us after a semester telling us which class you chose and outlining the instances of indoctrination you noticed from staff.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2018, 11:31:51 PM »
I regard every single amendment that's part of the Bill of Rights as being of paramount importance.

I teach at a University (go 'Hoos!) so I think that I'm quite aware of the prevailing sentiment; if I were to venture a guess, I'm probably more aware of it than you. My take is simple: younger people tend to be more "idealistic" and, by extension, are more likely to buy into the utopian and somewhat historically inaccurate vision that liberals present.

As for me, I haven't really observed significant anti-firearm sentiment from instructors in my field. I do know several professors whose political beliefs are best described as "Far Right" and "Far Left" but I have never once heard them discuss their beliefs with their students in any context. This isn't unexpected: a University is a microcosm of society at large, so it's bound to have people whose views are across the spectrum, and a place where people are encouraged (required even!) to challenge their preconceived notions and cast a critical eye on their own personal beliefs.

Which brings us to your liberal indoctrination bit: you're clearly woke and know what's up. So I urge you, attend a class at your local University and report back to us after a semester telling us which class you chose and outlining the instances of indoctrination you noticed from staff.

That you can’t discern that the 1st and 2nd amendments are incomparably more important than
the 3rd or 7th leads me to conclude that you’d be as likely - with only one available attempt - to save
a stranger’s drowning pet as you would be to save your own drowning pet.  ‘Cause one pet’s the same as any other.

Last month I visited eight public universities with one of my kids.  EVERY campus was papered
with various signs, posters, and notices promoting leftist orthodoxy.  I saw just one for a Republican group. 
One tour guide actually bragged about on-campus protests against Trump after the 2016 election – he wasn’t even in office. 
Protesting is fine, but you don’t sell a product by filtering your customer base by ideology. 

Your anecdotal observations about “a few left, a few right,” (in your field) don’t negate, refute,
or disprove the continual leftist indoctrination at public universities.

I can post a hundred articles, but you already know the bias exists; I mean, really…?

“ A 2014 study conducted by the University of California, Los Angeles, Higher Education Research Institute
found that 59.8 percent of all undergraduate faculty nationwide identify as far left or liberal, compared with
only 12.8 percent as far right or conservative. The asymmetry is much worse in the social sciences.
A 2015 study by psychologist José Duarte, then at Arizona State University, and his colleagues in Behavioral and Brain Sciences,
 entitled “Political Diversity Will Improve Social Psychological Science,” found that 58 to 66 percent of social scientists
are liberal and only 5 to 8 percent conservative and that there are eight Democrats for every Republican.
The problem is most relevant to the study of areas “related to the political concerns of the Left—areas such as
race, gender, stereotyping, environmentalism, power, and inequality.” The very things these students are protesting.”

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-social-science-politically-biased/

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2018, 02:46:42 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving, my friend. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2018, 06:43:15 AM »
So, basically, Dos Equis got outted as a hypocrite for having no problem with Obama being compared to Hitler.
X

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2018, 06:54:48 AM »
So, basically, Dos Equis got outted as a hypocrite for having no problem with Obama being compared to Hitler.

Ofagget was more like a communist  erkle

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2018, 07:09:21 AM »
Ofagget was more like a communist  erkle

That has zero to do with my point.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2018, 07:57:39 AM »
That has zero to do with my point.
Your post has zero to do with the thread. Ching Chong Troll.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!