Author Topic: True Detective Season 2 on HBO  (Read 14302 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: True Detective Season 2 on HBO
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 07:02:01 AM »
I hate Vince Vaghn but also I hated Matt but after watching season 1 he quickly became one of my favorite actors.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2015, 07:14:32 PM »
Starts now......

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2015, 07:36:15 AM »
Vince Vaughn is just not selling it for me.  He is still that goofy looking guy from Old School and other comedies trying to be a mob boss.  I think he was horribly miscast.  The first episode was sloooow, but I read beforehand that it is slow with the entire setup of the series falling in place then episode 2 it takes off running.  Also Rachel McAdams acting is meh.  While she is trying to be serious or intense she still seems to have a smile on her face.  She isn't selling it for me.

That Taylor Kitch and Colin Ferrel are nailing it though.  Hopefully the focus shifts to them and we get less Vaugh and McAdams.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 07:43:07 AM »
It's crap.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2015, 08:33:39 AM »
I tuned in just in time to watch Farrell rough up that butterball and kick his dad's ass

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2015, 09:11:57 AM »
Vince Vaughn is just not selling it for me.  He is still that goofy looking guy from Old School and other comedies trying to be a mob boss.  I think he was horribly miscast.  The first episode was sloooow, but I read beforehand that it is slow with the entire setup of the series falling in place then episode 2 it takes off running.  Also Rachel McAdams acting is meh.  While she is trying to be serious or intense she still seems to have a smile on her face.  She isn't selling it for me.

That Taylor Kitch and Colin Ferrel are nailing it though.  Hopefully the focus shifts to them and we get less Vaugh and McAdams.
I loved S1 and even though this is a totally different program in reality, I will stick with it because it's the same writer. Sure, last night was a little slow and I also read that it was a build-up even through the first three episodes. (Quite the contrast from last season, where the first four were epic.)

I'm a little confused as to why these three are being put together on this case, though. Doesn't seem realistic at all and so far, VV is also my least favorite.

Some good titties and I also like the panties shot.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2015, 09:16:46 AM »
Part of the problem is going to be the comparison of season 2 to season 1 when they are completely different stories.  Would have been better off instead of calling them Season 1 and Season 2, giving them a name like True Detective - The Yellow King and this season as True Detective - LA Story or some crap like that.  Let the viewers know to not compare.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2015, 10:55:09 AM »
Just watched the whole first season a few days ago,it was really great.

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2015, 12:04:11 PM »
Part of the problem is going to be the comparison of season 2 to season 1 when they are completely different stories.  Would have been better off instead of calling them Season 1 and Season 2, giving them a name like True Detective - The Yellow King and this season as True Detective - LA Story or some crap like that.  Let the viewers know to not compare.
I like that idea. It gives you the association with the title for instant recognition but also separates itself from one another. But this would have been my choice for the Season 1 title: "Marty Eats the Hot Stenographer's Ass."

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2015, 11:15:30 PM »
I liked the first episode, some great cinematography and that curly haired bird who Kitsch is fucking is hot as hell. Hopefully we'll get to see her tits and ass. Also, it has some creepy undertones (the crow head mask and bizarre method of murder) like season 1.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2015, 12:57:19 PM »
Motherfuckkker , at that range it will be hard for him to pull through, just saying, unless it was salt pellets like in Kill Bill 2

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2015, 06:45:22 PM »

I'm on the opposite end here, I think Vince Vaughn is nailing this role so far and I expect his character to get a lot darker as the show progresses.

But wow I did not see that ending to episode 2 coming!

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2015, 07:21:28 PM »
Motherfuckkker , at that range it will be hard for him to pull through, just saying, unless it was salt pellets like in Kill Bill 2

Agreed.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2015, 08:11:04 AM »
3 episodes and each time I fall asleep mid episode.  Just boring as fuck.  The other day I was wondering if it sucks or if season 1 was that good so I went HBO on demand and watched the first 3 episodes and season 1 is miles ahead better than this shit season.  I really don't care about any of the characters or the storyline.  Just stupid all around.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 10:37:06 AM »
I agree. It's still intriguing. Farrell and Kitch's characters are interesting. I have a hard time buying Vaughn as a tough guy. McAdams playing a role where she isn't the sweet pretty girl is kind of interesting.

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2015, 11:09:10 AM »

That's exactly what happened. What a cop out. They either should have had the guts to kill off one of the main characters in the second episode or just never go there in the first place.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2015, 11:43:31 AM »
That's exactly what happened. What a cop out. They either should have had the guts to kill off one of the main characters in the second episode or just never go there in the first place.

yea pretty lame , with 4 main actors on the show, one of them could of died right away

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2015, 12:12:47 PM »

Even if it was rubber pellets, two shots at close range is enough to have him in a hospital bed for a good week.  Doubt he'd be walking around.  It was a stupid cliff hanger.  Collin Ferrel's self loathing is hilarious.  Like when he called himself a feminist because of his body image.  Or how's a piece of shit with a shitty life.  HAHA.  The whole who killed Caspere is a boring storyline. Of course they made Klitch out to be a homo.

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2015, 02:14:11 PM »
The problem with this show is people will be comparing it to season 1.

Season 1 was so good it was unreal.......at least till the finale  >:(

Matt and woody knocked it out of the park. Matt especially. So far the story is not bad to  be honest but based on season 1,  I was expecting another masterpiece... anyways Ray Donovan is back :) so all is well.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2015, 05:42:45 PM »
This is just really bad neo-noir so far. The story is uninteresting, and most of the main characters just aren't strong enough to hold much interest either. They should've gone with older actors or established character actors instead. Just a tremendously ho-hum season so far.

On the flip side, Ray Donovan is looking very strong this year.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2015, 06:23:31 PM »
Yep. Kitch and mcadams both have a constant look like they have to shit.  Everyone on the show is a sex deviant.  Weak story lines.  Vaughn is just not convincing. I continue to picture him with a cigarette in his mouth doing an iron cross.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2015, 06:36:26 PM »
i dont know whats worse This shit, or Ballers , previous season of Game of Thrones was also a massive snooze fest

Alucard

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2015, 08:14:43 AM »
This is a massive fucking letdown so far. I'm watching episode 2 of season two just now. Season 1 was fucking amazing; dark, brilliant acting...this series just seems cheap and poorly done so far. I wanted to give Vaughn the benefit of the doubt, but he is a dogshit actor.
Exactly how i feel, but maybe it will get better... Very boring for now, not liking the actors, Kitsch is probably the only one decent, for now... Season 1 was a masterpiece, both acting and story wise...

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2015, 09:15:58 AM »
Loved the first season.

That girl from Texas Chain Saw is just off the charts.

The second season is bad. I tried watching it a couple times now...nowhere fast.

I would rather re-watch season 1 on bluray.

Agreed also with one of the above posts..Ray Donovan's first episode already blew this away.

MDN

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2015, 09:40:47 AM »
What happened last night.  Turned it on and about 10 minutes in I fell asleep.  Woke up and the negro show with the Rock was on.  Not even sure I care to catch up on episode 4 On Demand.