Author Topic: Ebola has come to America - CDC confirms first case.  (Read 40381 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Ebola has come to America - CDC confirms first case.
« Reply #425 on: October 29, 2014, 06:18:46 AM »
New York Ebola doctor 'LIED to police about his travel': They found out from his MetroCard
The Daily Mail ^  | October 29, 2014 | Chris Pleasance

Posted on ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2014‎ ‎8‎:‎01‎:‎31‎ ‎AM by Cincinatus' Wife

The doctor currently being treated for Ebola in New York lied to police about travelling around the city for six days before he was quarantined, it has been revealed.

Dr Craig Spencer initially told officers that he had isolated himself in his Harlem apartment after returning from Guinea where he had been treating people for the illness.

It was only when cops checked his MetroCard and bank statement that they realised he had been roaming the city for nearly a week, visiting a sandwich shop, taking an Uber cab, and going bowling.

It was only when officers rang Dr Spencer and confronted him with the evidence that he confessed, according to the New York Post.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

this "honor system" with self-quarantine is crap.  I know they'll be upset about their rights, but if you want entrance after spending time in ebola areas, you should be guarded.  We see this over and over - medical professionals who KNOW how contagious they might be, going out because they're bored.

IMO, they're highly selfish.  They do this amazing work with sick people in Africa for their own personal enjoyment, the high they get from helping (and using that to get laid, no doubt). 

But then they return and endanger americans.  The dallas nurse that rode a plane TO PLAN A WEDDING PARTY?  WTF?  And now this doc decides going bowling is more important than not spreading ebola.  Screw him, and screw those governors letting these isolated people out because they complain.   (pataki and christie are endangering the public to avoid bad media coverage - total lack of balls!)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #426 on: October 29, 2014, 06:24:10 AM »
This is why I just lol when a lot of doctors and scientists scream "ITS SCIENCE - ITS SCIENCE - ITS SCIENCE"  blah blah blah - there are a lot liars quacks and phonies in those professions just the same

this "honor system" with self-quarantine is crap.  I know they'll be upset about their rights, but if you want entrance after spending time in ebola areas, you should be guarded.  We see this over and over - medical professionals who KNOW how contagious they might be, going out because they're bored.

IMO, they're highly selfish.  They do this amazing work with sick people in Africa for their own personal enjoyment, the high they get from helping (and using that to get laid, no doubt). 

But then they return and endanger americans.  The dallas nurse that rode a plane TO PLAN A WEDDING PARTY?  WTF?  And now this doc decides going bowling is more important than not spreading ebola.  Screw him, and screw those governors letting these isolated people out because they complain.   (pataki and christie are endangering the public to avoid bad media coverage - total lack of balls!)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #427 on: October 29, 2014, 07:17:30 AM »
Obama on Ebola: "This Is Something That Will Get Fixed"
RCP Video ^  | 10-28-2014

Posted on ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2014‎ ‎5‎:‎34‎:‎30‎ ‎PM by Sir Napsalot

PRESIDENT OBAMA: America in the end is not defined by fear. That's not who we are. We don't just react based on our fears. We react based on facts and judgment and making smart decisions.

(snip) And we're going to keep on making progress and we're going to solve this particular problem just like we solved every other problem. But it starts with us having the confidence in understanding that as challenging as this may be, this is something that will get fixed.

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...

LMFAO!!!  HA HA HA HA HA HJA 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #428 on: October 29, 2014, 09:50:44 AM »
This does not say that rabies is treatable.
...as long as they get a vaccine before they actually GET rabies.

Once again, he clearly and specifically posted  that there is an almost 100% kill rate following infection.
The quotes you are pulling clearly and specifically state they are referring to the time before infection.

There is absolutely no way you can honestly believe your position. Between the quotes you are pulling, the parts you are leaving out and the specificity of Necrosis' original post, there is no way you can't realize that exposure and infection are two different things and also realize exactly what that entails. The thing I'm curious about is how this type of debate became so prevalent on this board? You've always pulled that "I don't have time to read an article or process new information" thing, but pretending not to understand basic information is just weird. This is not the first time I"ve seen you do it. And you're not only person who does it.

You don't post here that often, but what I see from you and other partisans like you is a refusal to deal with facts, ignoring the facts, distorting the facts, and/or ad hominem.  I'm about done talking about this asinine comparison, but let's see if you prove me right or wrong about the partisan approach to discussions.

Rabies is only fatal when the person becomes symptomatic.  That means they can already be infected, but will likely be cured if they don't have symptoms.  

"The acute period of disease typically ends after 2 to 10 days. Once clinical signs of rabies appear, the disease is nearly always fatal, and treatment is typically supportive.

Disease prevention includes administration of both passive antibody, through an injection of human immune globulin and a round of injections with rabies vaccine.

Once a person begins to exhibit signs of the disease, survival is rare. To date less than 10 documented cases of human survival from clinical rabies have been reported and only two have not had a history of pre- or postexposure prophylaxis."

http://www.cdc.gov/rabies/symptoms/

"Once a person begins showing signs and symptoms of rabies, the disease is nearly always fatal. For this reason, anyone who may have a risk of contracting rabies should receive rabies vaccines for protection."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/rabies/basics/definition/con-20019900

In any event, like I said, this is a stupid comparison that has nothing to do with Ebola.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #429 on: October 29, 2014, 10:32:33 AM »

"The acute period of disease typically ends after 2 to 10 days. Once clinical signs of rabies appear, the disease is nearly always fatal, and treatment is typically supportive.

Disease prevention includes administration of both passive antibody, through an injection of human immune globulin and a round of injections with rabies vaccine.

Once a person begins to exhibit signs of the disease, survival is rare. To date less than 10 documented cases of human survival from clinical rabies have been reported and only two have not had a history of pre- or postexposure prophylaxis."

"Once a person begins showing signs and symptoms of rabies, the disease is nearly always fatal. For this reason, anyone who may have a risk of contracting rabies should receive rabies vaccines for protection."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/rabies/basics/definition/con-20019900

In any event, like I said, this is a stupid comparison that has nothing to do with Ebola.

Every single one of these quotes you pulled says that the disease is almost always fatal.Every one of these quotes describes the "treatment" as a VACCINE. When you click on the links, they are even more specific about the difference between exposure period and the onset of infection. That is exactly what Necrosis said in the original post.  This is the original post:

"Dude, there are many viruses that have no cure for example rabies, it has a vaccine, like Ebola will likely have. However in areas with high amounts of zoonosis you see rabies killing people and children brutally."

ALL of the quotes you just pulled support that. You are being intellectually dishonest.

All of the links you posted state that rabies deaths are exponentially higher outside of the developed world. Within the developed world, rabies deaths are almost zero. That is the point of the rabies comparison. There really is no correlation between the death rate in an undeveloped part of the world and a developed part of the world with top notch medical facilities.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #430 on: October 29, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »
Every single one of these quotes you pulled says that the disease is almost always fatal.Every one of these quotes describes the "treatment" as a VACCINE. When you click on the links, they are even more specific about the difference between exposure period and the onset of infection. That is exactly what Necrosis said in the original post.  This is the original post:

"Dude, there are many viruses that have no cure for example rabies, it has a vaccine, like Ebola will likely have. However in areas with high amounts of zoonosis you see rabies killing people and children brutally."

ALL of the quotes you just pulled support that. You are being intellectually dishonest.

All of the links you posted state that rabies deaths are exponentially higher outside of the developed world. Within the developed world, rabies deaths are almost zero. That is the point of the rabies comparison. There really is no correlation between the death rate in an undeveloped part of the world and a developed part of the world with top notch medical facilities.

I see.  So you say the only way rabies is treatable is if they are treated before infection:

This does not say that rabies is treatable.
...as long as they get a vaccine before they actually GET rabies.

Once again, he clearly and specifically posted  that there is an almost 100% kill rate following infection.
The quotes you are pulling clearly and specifically state they are referring to the time before infection.

I give you quotes from the CDC showing your statement is demonstrably false and that it is only fatal after both infection AND symptoms, and you still plug your ears:

Thanks for proving my point about the partisan approach to discussions. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #431 on: October 29, 2014, 11:02:04 AM »
I see.  So you say the only way rabies is treatable is if they are treated before infection:

Right from your quote:

"To date less than 10 documented cases of human survival from clinical rabies have been reported and only two have not had a history of pre- or postexposure prophylaxis."

You just posted this.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #432 on: October 29, 2014, 11:07:10 AM »
Right from your quote:

"To date less than 10 documented cases of human survival from clinical rabies have been reported and only two have not had a history of pre- or postexposure prophylaxis."

You just posted this.

Yes, Al, people who are infected and show signs and symptoms rarely survive.  People who are treated in the U.S. after infection, but before they develop symptoms, survive:  "Once a person begins showing signs and symptoms of rabies, the disease is nearly always fatal. For this reason, anyone who may have a risk of contracting rabies should receive rabies vaccines for protection."

Your contention "that there is an almost 100% kill rate following infection" is demonstrably false, but I'm about done repeating myself (and quoting the CDC, Mayo Clinic, etc.).   

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #433 on: October 29, 2014, 11:44:42 AM »
Yes, Al, people who are infected and show signs and symptoms rarely survive.  People who are treated in the U.S. after infection, but before they develop symptoms, survive:  "Once a person begins showing signs and symptoms of rabies, the disease is nearly always fatal. For this reason, anyone who may have a risk of contracting rabies should receive rabies vaccines for protection."

From your Mayo Clinic link:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/rabies/basics/treatment/con-20019900

There's no specific treatment for rabies infection. Though a small number of people have survived rabies, the disease is usually fatal. For that reason, if you think you've been exposed to rabies, you must get a series of shots to prevent the infection from taking hold.

Treatment for people bitten by animals with rabies

If you've been bitten by an animal that is known to have rabies, you'll receive a series of shots to prevent the rabies virus from infecting you.

So, this is right from the Mayo Clinic link you posted. It very specifically says that A) there is no treatment for rabies.B) It also very specifically uses the words "exposure" and "infection" in distinct ways. It very clearly says you can be exposed to rabies without being infected. Once you begin showing signs of rabies, you are infected. C)It very clearly states that once INFECTED by the rabies virus, not just exposed to it, the kill rate IS almost 100%.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #434 on: October 29, 2014, 12:11:59 PM »
From your Mayo Clinic link:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/rabies/basics/treatment/con-20019900

There's no specific treatment for rabies infection. Though a small number of people have survived rabies, the disease is usually fatal. For that reason, if you think you've been exposed to rabies, you must get a series of shots to prevent the infection from taking hold.

Treatment for people bitten by animals with rabies

If you've been bitten by an animal that is known to have rabies, you'll receive a series of shots to prevent the rabies virus from infecting you.

So, this is right from the Mayo Clinic link you posted. It very specifically says that A) there is no treatment for rabies.B) It also very specifically uses the words "exposure" and "infection" in distinct ways. It very clearly says you can be exposed to rabies without being infected. Once you begin showing signs of rabies, you are infected. C)It very clearly states that once INFECTED by the rabies virus, not just exposed to it, the kill rate IS almost 100%.

You can be infected but not symptomatic.  Nothing in the links and quotes I gave you says it is 100 percent fatal after infection but before symptoms.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #435 on: October 29, 2014, 01:01:19 PM »
Jesus H Christ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #436 on: October 29, 2014, 01:04:10 PM »
Jesus H Christ

True - Obama's failed presidency is in completely collapse

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #437 on: October 29, 2014, 01:05:38 PM »
You can be infected but not symptomatic.  Nothing in the links and quotes I gave you says it is 100 percent fatal after infection but before symptoms.  

LOL.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #438 on: October 29, 2014, 01:26:55 PM »

Hey BB, have you considered that your understanding of "infected" and the technical meaning of the term "infected" are different?

Seems like others are making a distinction between exposure and infection and you're not;  If I'm correctly reading what the others have written it sees that they're saying that when one is bitten by a rabid dog one is exposed to rabies but not yet infected. 

You seem to be thinking that if a rabid dog bites you, then you are immediately infected.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: October 29, 2014, 01:38:50 PM »
Hey BB, have you considered that your understanding of "infected" and the technical meaning of the term "infected" are different?

Seems like others are making a distinction between exposure and infection and you're not;  If I'm correctly reading what the others have written it sees that they're saying that when one is bitten by a rabid dog one is exposed to rabies but not yet infected. 

You seem to be thinking that if a rabid dog bites you, then you are immediately infected.

Possibly.  Others have said there is a 100 percent kill rate if infected.  That contradicts what I have read, but I don't know if there is some medical distinction that is different from the commonly understood use of that word.  I doubt it.  And if I cared enough I'd ask someone, but I don't care enough.   

No, I don't think you are immediately infected if you are bitten by a rabid dog.  I think you are infected once a rabid dog bites you and transmits the virus to you.  What happens after that is what determines whether you die (i.e., treatment before symptoms).  That is precisely what the CDC and Mayo Clinic info says.   

But think about how stupid this is.  We're talking about someone being bitten by a rabid dog or wild animal and contracting a disease, that is not transmitted from human-to-human in the U.S., in the context of people being exposed to a deadly virus with no cure, where the transmission is from human-to-human. 

The lengths people go through to deflect what they think is negative attention away from the president is just crazy. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #440 on: October 29, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »
Possibly.  Others have said there is a 100 percent kill rate if infected.  That contradicts what I have read, but I don't know if there is some medical distinction that is different from the commonly understood use of that word.  I doubt it.  And if I cared enough I'd ask someone, but I don't care enough.   

No, I don't think you are immediately infected if you are bitten by a rabid dog.  I think you are infected once a rabid dog bites you and transmits the virus to you.  What happens after that is what determines whether you die (i.e., treatment before symptoms).  That is precisely what the CDC and Mayo Clinic info says.   

But think about how stupid this is.  We're talking about someone being bitten by a rabid dog or wild animal and contracting a disease, that is not transmitted from human-to-human in the U.S., in the context of people being exposed to a deadly virus with no cure, where the transmission is from human-to-human. 

The lengths people go through to deflect what they think is negative attention away from the president is just crazy. 

So you think that if the rabies virus from the dog that bites you enters your body that means you're immediately infected?  That doesn't seem to be right.  Aren't viruses essentially something like a few lines of code that enters cells' software to cause the affected cells to do create more copies of the virus (as well as other, often bad, effects)?  I don't think this process is instantaneous.

Comparing rabies to ebola doesn't seem stupid to me.  The biggest difference is that there is a vaccine for one but not yet for the other.  Besides that, though, both rabies are similarly highly lethal and similarly not very contagious.  (Rabies is a little more lethal and Ebola is a little more contagious.)

Rabies and Ebola are usually contracted in different ways but I'd be willing to bet that if someone with Ebola who's showing symptoms bites you and breaks the skin you could contract Ebola this way.  I'd also be willing to be that if you get the blood or vomit from a person with rabies on your mucous membranes that you could contract rabies that way.

Finally, what Obama thinks about Ebola has nothing to do with my opinion.  Any president would likely downplay the danger just to keep everyone calm, I'll buy that.  But that doesn't mean that there's much to worry about.

The reason I'm not convinced that Ebola is a big deal yet is that just because it's causing a pretty big problem in a few of the less developed countries Africa doesn't mean that much will happen here in the USA.  I mean, shoot, African folks are still dying of Cholera these days and I'll be damned if I'm gonna worry about that shit.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #441 on: October 29, 2014, 04:39:24 PM »
So you think that if the rabies virus from the dog that bites you enters your body that means you're immediately infected?  That doesn't seem to be right.  Aren't viruses essentially something like a few lines of code that enters cells' software to cause the affected cells to do create more copies of the virus (as well as other, often bad, effects)?  I don't think this process is instantaneous.

Comparing rabies to ebola doesn't seem stupid to me.  The biggest difference is that there is a vaccine for one but not yet for the other.  Besides that, though, both rabies are similarly highly lethal and similarly not very contagious.  (Rabies is a little more lethal and Ebola is a little more contagious.)

Rabies and Ebola are usually contracted in different ways but I'd be willing to bet that if someone with Ebola who's showing symptoms bites you and breaks the skin you could contract Ebola this way.  I'd also be willing to be that if you get the blood or vomit from a person with rabies on your mucous membranes that you could contract rabies that way.

Finally, what Obama thinks about Ebola has nothing to do with my opinion.  Any president would likely downplay the danger just to keep everyone calm, I'll buy that.  But that doesn't mean that there's much to worry about.

The reason I'm not convinced that Ebola is a big deal yet is that just because it's causing a pretty big problem in a few of the less developed countries Africa doesn't mean that much will happen here in the USA.  I mean, shoot, African folks are still dying of Cholera these days and I'll be damned if I'm gonna worry about that shit.

The biggest difference other than there being no cure is you have to be bitten by a wild animal or rabid dog and it is not transmitted between humans in the U.S.  Now that is the absolute last thing I am saying about that stupid comparison.  lol

Non-contagious diseases in the Third World do not concern me.  Highly contagious diseases with no cure that arrive on our doorstep do.  

Obama would downplay anything because he's dishonest, like calling Al Qaeda a JV team to help him get reelected.  We could probably have 100 people die from this in the next month in the U.S. and he'd still be running around like Baghdad Bob.  

But as I said, I don't think he is responsible for the outbreak and don't believe anyone should be panicking.  We also shouldn't act like this is no big deal.  It is.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #442 on: October 29, 2014, 05:32:05 PM »
Hagel orders 21-day quarantine for all military personnel returning from Ebola mission in West Africa
Published October 29, 2014
FoxNews.com

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has ordered all military personnel returning from Ebola response missions in West Africa to be held in a 21-day quarantine.

Hagel signed the order Wednesday morning, accepting a recommendation from the Joint Chiefs of Staff. The Army days earlier had imposed such a policy on its own servicemembers, but the new order applies to all branches.

"The fact is the military will have more Americans in Liberia than any other department," Hagel said, explaining his decision at Wednesday's "Washington Ideas Forum." He also said military families had discussed the idea, and "very much wanted a safety valve on this."

The decision by Hagel further drives the divisions among the White House -- which has downplayed the need for mandatory quarantines -- and a range of other policymakers, particularly at the state level.

California, the latest state to enact a tighter policy than the federal government, on Wednesday announced a 21-day quarantine for travelers from the hot-zone in West Africa who came in contact with infected individuals.

In Maine, the returning nurse who battled New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie over her mandatory quarantine also is now battling her home state after returning to Maine.

Maine health officials are in the process of filing a court order to force Kaci Hickox to comply with the state's "voluntary" 21-day quarantine period for health care workers who treated Ebola patients. Hickox, on Wednesday, told NBC's "Today" that she doesn't "plan on sticking to the guidelines" and is "appalled" by the home quarantine policies "forced" on her.

"I truly believe this policy is not scientifically nor constitutionally just, and so I'm not going to sit around and be bullied around by politicians and be forced to stay in my home when I am not a risk to the American public," she said, saying she's in "perfectly good health."

President Obama and his top health advisers also have played down the need for blanket quarantine policies for health care workers. The White House, though, has left open the door for the Pentagon to impose its own policies, arguing that the military and health workers are two entirely separate issues.

Hagel noted, for instance, that many of those in the military are not "volunteers" for the Ebola mission.

Pentagon spokesman Col. Steve Warren said the number of troops quarantined at a base in Italy is now at 42, up from 11 a day earlier.

A statement issued from the Pentagon said all returning servicemembers would be subjected to a 21-day "controlled monitoring," which is effectively a quarantine.

Hagel ordered the Joint Chiefs to develop a detailed implementation plan for review within 15 days.

He also wants the Joint Chiefs to conduct a review of the new policies within 45 days -- from there, they'll determine whether to continue the quarantines.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/29/hagel-orders-21-day-quarantine-for-all-military-personnel-returning-from-ebola/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: October 29, 2014, 06:11:55 PM »
Posted on October 28, 2014 at 11:07:43 PM EDT by knak

TRENTON — After days of blistering criticism from the ACLU, the CDC and even the United Nations secretary general over Gov. Chris Christie’s new, 21-day mandatory quarantine policy for all healthcare workers exposed to Ebola, the New Jersey governor has gotten a much-needed vote of support from a heavyweight name in the medical community: Nobel Prize-winning doctor and medical researcher, Dr. Bruce Beutler.

Dr. Beutler, an American medical doctor and researcher, won the Nobel Prize for Medicine and Physiology in 2011 for his work researching the cellular subsystem of the body’s overall immune system — the part of it that defends the body from infection by other organisms, like Ebola.

snip: It may not be absolutely true that those without symptoms can’t transmit the disease, because we don’t have the numbers to back that up,” said Beutler, “It could be people develop significant viremia [where viruses enter the bloodstream and gain access to the rest of the body], and become able to transmit the disease before they have a fever, even. People may have said that without symptoms you can’t transmit Ebola. I’m not sure about that being 100 percent true. There’s a lot of variation with viruses.”

(Excerpt) Read more at nj.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #444 on: October 29, 2014, 06:44:23 PM »
Hagel orders 21-day quarantine for all military personnel returning from Ebola mission in West Africa
Published October 29, 2014
FoxNews.com

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has ordered all military personnel returning from Ebola response missions in West Africa to be held in a 21-day quarantine.

It should be the situation for ALL people coming from those countries.   This is a step in the right direction.

They still get paid, and yes, it's boring to be quarantined.  But they might be carrying a disease which could KILL millions of Americans.  And they receive 24/7 observation, so they're instantly treated at the first sign - and we see in USA, that means you live 100% of the time.  Only the dick that was refused from TX hospital has died here from it.

makes me sick to see the NYC doctor lie about his movements.
makes me sick to see infected nurse fly to wedding party, shutting down OH schools for a week.
makes me sick to see this nurse refusing to accept a 21 day quarantine... it's more inportant for her to go to her favorite starbucks in the morning, than to just chill for a week or three (with full pay, mind you), to make sure she isn't carrying an illness which can easily kill milllions. 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #445 on: October 29, 2014, 08:59:58 PM »
Possibly.  Others have said there is a 100 percent kill rate if infected.  That contradicts what I have read, but I don't know if there is some medical distinction that is different from the commonly understood use of that word.  

But you've been making the distinction yo' own damn self! You keep saying "Dur, only after being symptomatic..." Da fuq you think that means?

And the rabies comparison is valid and correct. Millions of people aren't going to die here because of ebola, just like there will never be a rabies plague here. America is not West Africa. In fact, there are West African nations that don't have a lot to fear.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #446 on: October 29, 2014, 11:13:51 PM »
Oh hey, BB, thought you might be interested in this part of the following article:

Fruit bats, a delicacy for some West Africans, are considered to be virus's natural host

Hmmm, now what other disease does that remind you of?  lol

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29822303

Ebola crisis: Infections 'slowing in Liberia'

The World Health Organization (WHO) says there has been a decline in the spread of Ebola in Liberia, the country hardest hit in the outbreak.

The WHO's Bruce Aylward said it was confident the response to the virus was now gaining the upper hand.

But he warned against any suggestion that the crisis was over.

More at link...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #447 on: October 30, 2014, 11:07:59 AM »
But you've been making the distinction yo' own damn self! You keep saying "Dur, only after being symptomatic..." Da fuq you think that means?

And the rabies comparison is valid and correct. Millions of people aren't going to die here because of ebola, just like there will never be a rabies plague here. America is not West Africa. In fact, there are West African nations that don't have a lot to fear.

::)

Who said millions are going to die here because of Ebola?  It hasn't killed that many in Africa.  Tripping all over yourself with hyperbole. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #448 on: October 30, 2014, 11:08:29 AM »
Oh hey, BB, thought you might be interested in this part of the following article:

Fruit bats, a delicacy for some West Africans, are considered to be virus's natural host

Hmmm, now what other disease does that remind you of?  lol

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29822303

Ebola crisis: Infections 'slowing in Liberia'

The World Health Organization (WHO) says there has been a decline in the spread of Ebola in Liberia, the country hardest hit in the outbreak.

The WHO's Bruce Aylward said it was confident the response to the virus was now gaining the upper hand.

But he warned against any suggestion that the crisis was over.

More at link...

Why would I be interested in this? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #449 on: October 30, 2014, 11:10:54 AM »
CHRIS CHRISTIE FIRES BACK AT OBAMA: WE NEED LEADERSHIP ON EBOLA NOT LECTURES [Not his BFF anymore]
Breitbart ^  | 10/30/2014 | by CHARLIE SPIERING

Posted on ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2014‎ ‎1‎:‎39‎:‎30‎ ‎PM by SeekAndFind

Governor Chris Christie explained to local reporters that he was confident with his quarantine policy to combat Ebola in spite of pressure from the Obama administration, explaining that his policy was based on “common sense.”

“If you’ve been a healthcare worker who’s been directly exposed to the virus, active virus, and you come back to the U.S. you should quarantine for 21 days,” he said simply.

Referring to Obama’s statement on the quarantine issue, Christie alluded that he was tired of being lectured for taking action in his state. “I don’t know when the White House is going to get around to admitting that and not giving us seven minute lectures from the South Lawn, and just get to work,” he said.

Christie argued that the American people were anxious to have their leaders set a defined policy.

“New Jersey is proud to lead on this, to lead in the area of common sense. That’s what we’re doing and we’re not changing,” he explained.

To defend his policy, Christie referred to the 21 day quarantine for soldiers in the United States military as ordered by the Department of Defense.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...