Author Topic: Lou Ferrigno charges $40 for a picture and is a 'dick' by Brad Jones  (Read 31894 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Lou Ferrigno charges $40 for a picture and is a 'dick' by Brad Jones
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2014, 10:40:58 PM »
I know a girl has the same level of deafness as Lou. She was born that way.

Being deaf limits the type of jobs that you can have.

She is a frustrated person. She is miserable. She gets offended very easily. She is very harsh, judgemental and unforgiving. She flies off the handle whenever she doesn't get her way.

I think that with the handicap of being deaf. A lifetime of anger, frustration, and resentment is difficult to contain for some people.

Simple Simon

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2014, 01:17:00 AM »
I know a girl has the same level of deafness as Lou. She was born that way.

Being deaf limits the type of jobs that you can have.

She is a frustrated person. She is miserable. She gets offended very easily. She is very harsh, judgemental and unforgiving. She flies off the handle whenever she doesn't get her way.

I think that with the handicap of being deaf. A lifetime of anger, frustration, and resentment is difficult to contain for some people.
Most deaf people do not see being deaf as a handicap.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2014, 01:21:42 AM »
I found out that the promoters who put on those "Comic Con" shows have clauses in the contracts that mandate that there be a charge for autographs.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2014, 01:30:05 AM »

What?

Simple Simon

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2014, 01:32:58 AM »

agenda21nwo

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2014, 04:58:57 AM »
I cannot imagine paying for anyone's signature. It just doesn't seem that important. Celebrities come and go. The last time I went to a celebrity star studded event it was the premier of Cleopatra and the Egyptian theater on Hollywood Boulevard in 1963. It was a Zoo. I didn't get or ask for anyone's signature.

I understand.  Neither would I.  But it is normal at fan events, like Comic Con.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2014, 05:28:35 AM »

You would know  ::)

Simple Simon

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2014, 05:30:58 AM »
You would know  ::)
Yes I would actually, I have attained BSL level 2 sign language and mixed in the deaf community as part of my courses.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2014, 05:32:04 AM »
Yes I would actually, I have attained BSL level 2 sign language and mixed in the deaf community as part of my courses.

Sounds like you would know  :D

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2014, 07:19:58 AM »
^^ HAHAHAHA !!!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2014, 07:24:01 AM »
I wouldn't piss on Lou Ferigno crossing the street.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2014, 07:51:27 AM »

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2014, 07:54:43 AM »
I cannot imagine paying for anyone's signature. It just doesn't seem that important. Celebrities come and go. The last time I went to a celebrity star studded event it was the premier of Cleopatra and the Egyptian theater on Hollywood Boulevard in 1963. It was a Zoo. I didn't get or ask for anyone's signature.

I agree man - I can't pay someone to write their name on something unless it's a piece of memorabilia that needs a signature for value. I don't think Lou's signature pics are going to appreciate all that much - lol

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2014, 07:56:43 AM »
Who cares about Louis Ferrigo this guy has been a loser and crook all his life. Also is mentally retarded.

MikMaq

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2014, 11:47:11 AM »
It's a disadvantage in my opinion.

The difference between a handicap and a disadvantage is this. One prevents you from running in the race. The other makes it harder for you to register for the race. It's usually a bunch of arbitrary political bullshit and it is real.

It's the frustrating part of being a minority. You know your capable of running the race, however there are all these hidden rules and regs to get in the fucking thing(cough cough schmoeing).

Ferringou is a prime example, he had an amazing look in his time, the only true giant of bodybuilding and yet he got shafted by the whole establishment despite getting huge crowds of fans.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2014, 02:56:51 PM »
I said... most people dont ..

Oh, ok, Thanks.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2014, 02:22:18 PM »
We all remember them meeting at 2011 arnold expo:

Here at 2013.. Arnold takes his time so sign free autographs, and that awkward meeting with Lou again!!

notice how little eye contact Arnold makes with Lou, he KNOWS that Lou is an asshole.. therefore avoiding any type of social interaction(doesn't even say good bye to doucheLou)

Both of them are longtime friends.  They don't say much because they talk to each other on a regular basis.  

Think about it for a minute.  How many people are left that Arnold can talk to about the old Olympia days???  Nubret is dead, Sergio is dead, Larry Scott's dead, etc......the list is pretty thin.  Lou did pretty well for himself and Arnold doesn't look down at him.  There's no bad blood and if Arnold didn't like Lou then he wouldn't make the effort to go visit him and chat in a busy expo.  

When the average person think of bodybuilders...its Arnold first but Ferrigno Second
A

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2014, 12:05:27 PM »
 :o :o :o :o :o louie extends an invitation to all his Canadian friends?????????...will friends become enemies  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
F

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2014, 03:42:15 PM »
Ron,

I don't think it is the $20 I think it is the fact that you pay him $20 for a couple minutes of his time and he is a rude ass. I can remember the first time I met him was at the Arnold and I was like Holy Shit it is Lou Ferrigno. I went up to him asked for an autograph and a picture and he was very very rude and says like a dick "You buy a Book or Poster, then I sign autograph". I looked at my dad and went Holy Shit - Lou Ferigno is a Dickhead!!! And then walked away, that was about 97-98.

In 2007 my room was actually 3 doors down from Lou at the Hyatt on Capital Square and I rode the elevator up with him to our floor. I kindly said Hey Lou how is it going? He looked at me and my wife like we were peasants and did not say a word. I looked at my wife and said nice to see he is still a dick!

Screw him, charge what you want but no need to be a Dick to your fans!  

Guy is deaf , prolly didn't even hear you give him a break  :D

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2014, 05:02:16 PM »
Both of them are longtime friends.  They don't say much because they talk to each other on a regular basis.  

Think about it for a minute.  How many people are left that Arnold can talk to about the old Olympia days???  Nubret is dead, Sergio is dead, Larry Scott's dead, etc......the list is pretty thin.  Lou did pretty well for himself and Arnold doesn't look down at him.  There's no bad blood and if Arnold didn't like Lou then he wouldn't make the effort to go visit him and chat in a busy expo.  

When the average person think of bodybuilders...its Arnold first but Ferrigno Second

Arnold and Franco are longtime friends.. Lou and Arnold not so much, if you can't spot the awkwardness in those videos, well.................... .............. :o

if anything Lou is probably the one trying to remember the old days, while Arnold dreaming about the future.
NOBODY should charge kids, handicapped people, senior citizens a minimum of 20$ for a sign autograph or picture??!!  ???
If they were friends and talked regularly I think Arnold would set him strait about the 20$ deals.. Arnold don't create bad blood with people because he's a successful guy and successful people don't draw themselves into negative relations. Arnold sees Lou as an asshole and I'm quite sure he has heard all the negatives on Lou!!

PTB

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2014, 09:30:04 AM »
What?

I work with a guy who goes to all of these events.... the guy even pays upwards of $200+ for "VIP" access to certain celebrities... some of these folks haven't been relevant in decades, but they still get big lines at these conventions, and people will actually wait in line for hours... the last one this guy went to... the lines for stars of "Sons of Anarchy" were the longest.

It all doesn't make sense to me, but Lou's fees are consistent with what this guy has told me about these events.... some of the prices are even on the Event webpages... I mean check out these prices:

http://www.chillertheatre.com/main.htm

http://shop.prostarphotos.com/