Author Topic: Arizonian Get Biggers....anyone attend Troy Alves' show last night?  (Read 1862 times)

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
He took a chance and broke away from the IFBB/NPC and formed his own league. He also put a load of cash in and offered loads of nice prizes and gifts to the contestants.

Any pics yet?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Arizonian Get Biggers....anyone attend Troy Alves' show last night?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »
He took a chance and broke away from the IFBB/NPC and formed his own league. He also put a load of cash in and offered loads of nice prizes and gifts to the contestants.

Any pics yet?

What's his "league" called?
X

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 12:54:50 PM »
What's his "league" called?

The League of Extraordinary Pimplemen.  Cuz their on drugs.  And stuff.  They gets zits.

I'm tired. 

Well, I have no real clue who he is but wish him luck.  Without the Weiders around the IFBB may have to consolidate with another organization to survive.  Bodybuilding is entirely schmoe based and schmoes rarely, if ever, reproduce.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »

Any pics yet?
Why didn't he join forces with Paul Dillett?

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 02:05:53 PM »
World Physique and Athletes Assoc. WPAA.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 02:41:05 PM »
The League of Extraordinary Pimplemen.  Cuz their on drugs.  And stuff.  They gets zits.

I'm tired. 

Well, I have no real clue who he is but wish him luck.  Without the Weiders around the IFBB may have to consolidate with another organization to survive.  Bodybuilding is entirely schmoe based and schmoes rarely, if ever, reproduce.

lol.

Alves was actually a pretty good bodybuilder but never had the size to make it. And yes, I agree, IFBB is VERY schmoe based!

X

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »
He won a handful of IFBB shows and beat several of the recent history Olympia top 10. He has a nice contract with a South African supplement company that distributes in Europe. He owns a heath food store in Arizona and some nice RE. He never went crazy on AAS and never did HGH, insulin, thyroid or diuretics. He has great health and enjoys being a grand father. Troy never bitched about some of his questionable low placings....just went back into the gym and tried harder.

Its good to be Troy and good to be his friend.

I left the Phoenix area over 2 years ago and a bit outta touch on the action down there.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 04:30:05 PM »
Some pics are up on his Facebook. Looks like an OK female turn out, quality men's physique and what appears an almost no show on men's bodybuilders. Sure hope the audience numbers were there or it might be a financial OUCH!! 

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 06:06:48 PM »
He never went crazy on AAS and never did HGH, insulin, thyroid or diuretics.

stop.

just stop.

b

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 06:10:40 PM »
I'm a big fan of Troy Alves.  Great bodybuilder that thankfully never tried to be a mass monster.  I don't know him personally but he seems like a pretty good guy. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 06:16:18 PM »
Some pics are up on his Facebook. Looks like an OK female turn out, quality men's physique and what appears an almost no show on men's bodybuilders. Sure hope the audience numbers were there or it might be a financial OUCH!! 

Actually it was huge financial success.  Troy doesn't have to pay the NPC promotion fees or duty fees.  He hosted the event at a high school and had a number of sponsors.

A

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 06:28:29 PM »
lol.

Alves was actually a pretty good bodybuilder but never had the size to make it. And yes, I agree, IFBB is VERY schmoe based!

Really says something about modern bbing when Troy isn't considered "huge" enough.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 06:54:25 PM »
He competed for a long time and retired in his late 40's in 2013.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 06:56:15 PM »
Really says something about modern bbing when Troy isn't considered "huge" enough.
yeah really ???,,good point..

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 08:01:02 PM »
Yup he was one of my favs, when I gave a shit.  Big but not stupidly big.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2014, 08:05:11 PM »

Actually it was huge financial success.  Troy doesn't have to pay the NPC promotion fees or duty fees.  He hosted the event at a high school and had a number of sponsors.

Fuck off gossip queen.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2014, 08:14:21 PM »

Agreed. But people want the freaky mass.

Personally, I think he had an awesome physique.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 08:15:29 PM »
lol.

Always with great conditioning and just the right amount of size. He's very under rated.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 08:16:15 PM »

How the hell do you know, Perez?

Antonio fella

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 08:43:11 PM »
He won a handful of IFBB shows and beat several of the recent history Olympia top 10. He has a nice contract with a South African supplement company that distributes in Europe. He owns a heath food store in Arizona and some nice RE. He never went crazy on AAS and never did HGH, insulin, thyroid or diuretics. He has great health and enjoys being a grand father. Troy never bitched about some of his questionable low placings....just went back into the gym and tried harder.

I left the Phoenix area over 2 years ago and a bit outta touch on the action down there.

are you fucking serious???? i hope you are joking - otherwise gtfo muthafuka! this place is not for you lol never did gh or slin.... :D oh brother
!

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2014, 08:43:15 PM »
He used to be in the magazines alot , always liked his build and attitude. Never had the chance to meet him though , he seems like a solid guy.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 09:10:08 PM »

Hi Troy!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 02:27:25 AM »
Fuck off gossip queen.

Grown folks are talking right now....HUSH!
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 02:30:19 AM »
How the hell do you know, Perez?

I don't know...perhaps ask him, Hornswaggle
A

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 07:59:27 AM »
Alves' biggest  asset on stage was his wasp waist and X frame. His height and bone structure, and desire to show off this main feature, always kept him at about 218 +/- in winning condition. His nemesis was his glute/ hamstring tie in. He talked about coming in at 230 or better but quickly realized that was not his destiny. We talked about HGH and insulin. The possible sides of "roid gut" scared the crap outta him. His livelihood was/is his tiny waist. He liked to joke about throwing off his competition with wild claims of what he was up to. I told him about Bill Pearl's, one of my later trainers, story that he used to confuse his stage foes. He claimed that he swallowed live earth worms whole and by the handful because of their high testosterone levels. Troy laughed and said, "I like that".

But alas we believe what we want to believe.  So be it.