Author Topic: Fox just.mentioned someone else in the US has ebola....  (Read 4716 times)

MikMaq

Re: Fox just.mentioned someone else in the US has ebola....
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 05:14:55 AM »
Really?  I doubt it.

Please sight an example...
How could there be one, this is the first time something like this has happened.

MikMaq

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 05:49:19 AM »
CDC director has now said "on theory it vould ne transmitted by sneezing, coughing, etc", basically admitting now that it could be transmitted via airborne driplets.

Which i think is a no brainer considering how mamy people have been infected when they shouldn't have been.
http://io9.com/how-ebola-can-still-be-very-infectious-without-being-v-1642322295

This kinda explains it.

Really is bullshit that they are saying its hard to transmit.

Technically spit doesn't typically have the infection rate to be considered airborne

However because ebola is so infection, spit does in fact infect people.

Theorectical a pound of ebola shits could effect the entire planet.

This really reaffirms my point that is the ideal weapon for a group like ISIS.

Just think you survive ebola, your families wiped out, you see global agencies do nothing, how would you feel, if you could bring down a city with just a bloody tampon a bit of blood under your finger nail.

If you are intelligent enough to appreciate bad people do exist, and they do exist in Africa, it's quite logical to assume weaponized ebola is just around the corner.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 06:30:18 AM »
How could there be one, this is the first time something like this has happened.

Then you are just speculating.  And I could site a dozen reasons why your speculation is badly flawed.
Ψ

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 06:31:38 AM »
Yes I've said in another thread that there are plenty of doctors who say it can be spread through aerosol.
Ψ

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 07:49:24 AM »
http://io9.com/how-ebola-can-still-be-very-infectious-without-being-v-1642322295

This kinda explains it.

Really is bullshit that they are saying its hard to transmit.

Technically spit doesn't typically have the infection rate to be considered airborne

However because ebola is so infection, spit does in fact infect people.

Theorectical a pound of ebola shits could effect the entire planet.

This really reaffirms my point that is the ideal weapon for a group like ISIS.

Just think you survive ebola, your families wiped out, you see global agencies do nothing, how would you feel, if you could bring down a city with just a bloody tampon a bit of blood under your finger nail.

If you are intelligent enough to appreciate bad people do exist, and they do exist in Africa, it's quite logical to assume weaponized ebola is just around the corner.
Yeah, i thought of that, considerinf that shit smell is particulates inside your nose, so theoritically ebola infected shit could transmit the virus.

I waz wondeong for w long time, as it seems they said it transmits similar.to AIDs (blood, bodily fluids, etc)...., yet people arent catching AIDs just from interacting with AIDs patients.

I know its a a bit different but something stinks here. This shit is waaayyyyy more infectious than they want to admit.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2014, 07:53:55 AM »
Yeah, i thought of that, considerinf that shit smell is particulates inside your nose, so theoritically ebola infected shit could transmit the virus.

I waz wondeong for w long time, as it seems they said it transmits similar.to AIDs (blood, bodily fluids, etc)...., yet people arent catching AIDs just from interacting with AIDs patients.

I know its a a bit different but something stinks here. This shit is waaayyyyy more infectious than they want to admit.

People with HIV aren't acutely sick, ie not coughing, puking, shitting themselves. You are confused, it's not airborne, in any way, shape of form.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2014, 08:03:17 AM »
Yet...but the with the Spain case the nurse apparently took all precautions with the patient and still got it. It doesn't help that for the last 15 years we've been over exposed to zombie flicks.  This is not good regardless. If people want to overreact and wear masks...let em.
L

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2014, 08:26:17 AM »
People with HIV aren't acutely sick, ie not coughing, puking, shitting themselves. You are confused, it's not airborne, in any way, shape of form.
Really? Because the CDC director has now admitted it could be contracted through airborne particulates and its spreading in ways everyone has said it wouldnt. I didnt just pull that shit out of the air.

I know you implicitly trust what youre told but youve never worked for the government.

Theyll keep that shit under wraos as long as lossible, and they need to, because otherwise idiots will start rioting and panicking.

You keep saying "your wrong, its not like that. It doesnt spread like that", except that medical professionals followig their protocols are getting infected when they shouldn't. A few, ok, someone screwed up. But how manu docs and workers have gotten infected when they shouldnt?

Something is operating in a way they didnt think it would. Its transmitting in a way that they didnt predict or foresee, Nd thats probably why the CDC reluctantly admitted it could be airborne from coughs and sneezes (not traditional airborne, but particulate airborne)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2014, 08:33:45 AM »
That's why the spain case is troubling.....until or or unless they discover she did not
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2014, 08:37:21 AM »
The spread of Ebola across Europe is "quite unavoidable", a health chief has warned as four people were hospitalised after a Spanish nurse became the first person known to have contracted the virus outside Africa.

The World Health Organisation's European director Zsuzsanna Jakab has said while more cases will spread in Europe, the continent should be well prepared to control the disease.....

Atleast the Euro's are being up front about this...unlike the douchbag in the WH. Obama has far to much faith in the gov system to prevent this.
L

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2014, 08:47:51 AM »
Really? Because the CDC director has now admitted it could be contracted through airborne particulates and its spreading in ways everyone has said it wouldnt. I didnt just pull that shit out of the air.

I know you implicitly trust what youre told but youve never worked for the government.

Theyll keep that shit under wraos as long as lossible, and they need to, because otherwise idiots will start rioting and panicking.

You keep saying "your wrong, its not like that. It doesnt spread like that", except that medical professionals followig their protocols are getting infected when they shouldn't. A few, ok, someone screwed up. But how manu docs and workers have gotten infected when they shouldnt?

Something is operating in a way they didnt think it would. Its transmitting in a way that they didnt predict or foresee, Nd thats probably why the CDC reluctantly admitted it could be airborne from coughs and sneezes (not traditional airborne, but particulate airborne)

Good point about the governmet, what I am saying is that it's not airborne by definition. In fact recent studies looked at this as you can imagine

Sci Rep. 2014 Jul 25;4:5824. doi: 10.1038/srep05824.
Evaluation of transmission risks associated with in vivo replication of several high containment pathogens in a biosafety level 4 laboratory.
Alimonti J1, Leung A1, Jones S2, Gren J3, Qiu X2, Fernando L2, Balcewich B4, Wong G5, Ströher U1, Grolla A2, Strong J6, Kobinger G7.
Author information
Abstract
Containment level 4 (CL4) laboratories studying biosafety level 4 viruses are under strict regulations to conduct nonhuman primate (NHP) studies in compliance of both animal welfare and biosafety requirements. NHPs housed in open-barred cages raise concerns about cross-contamination between animals, and accidental exposure of personnel to infectious materials. To address these concerns, two NHP experiments were performed. One examined the simultaneous infection of 6 groups of NHPs with 6 different viruses (Machupo, Junin, Rift Valley Fever, Crimean-Congo Hemorrhagic Fever, Nipah and Hendra viruses). Washing personnel between handling each NHP group, floor to ceiling biobubble with HEPA filter, and plexiglass between cages were employed for partial primary containment. The second experiment employed no primary containment around open barred cages with Ebola virus infected NHPs 0.3 meters from naïve NHPs. Viral antigen-specific ELISAs, qRT-PCR and TCID50 infectious assays were utilized to determine antibody levels and viral loads. No transmission of virus to neighbouring NHPs was observed suggesting limited containment protocols are sufficient for multi-viral CL4 experiments within one room. The results support the concept that Ebola virus infection is self-contained in NHPs infected intramuscularly, at least in the present experimental conditions, and is not transmitted to naïve NHPs via an airborne route.

it can't live in the air, or without significant droplets to accumulate on, so you are correct particulate airborne is possible, but that's not airborne. It could mutate and already has, I would imagine that we would have seen this type of transmission in monkeys as far more are infected thus more chance for mutation, it has not. It has become more virulent and less lethal for some reason. I wouldn't let anyone with a bloody nose sneeze on me.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2014, 08:52:18 AM »
The spread of Ebola across Europe is "quite unavoidable", a health chief has warned as four people were hospitalised after a Spanish nurse became the first person known to have contracted the virus outside Africa.

The World Health Organisation's European director Zsuzsanna Jakab has said while more cases will spread in Europe, the continent should be well prepared to control the disease.....

Atleast the Euro's are being up front about this...unlike the douchbag in the WH. Obama has far to much faith in the gov system to prevent this.

If it was air then you would see people not in direct contact getting infected, the fact that the mistakes or mystery infections is in workers, makes sense and further refutes the airborne idea. They made a mistake or got lazy and got infected, perhaps there are formites they never accounted for.

Without a large vector population (monkeys and bats) I don't think it will be as bad as Africa, those people are living in near perfect conditions for infection including eating bush meat.

MikMaq

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2014, 11:17:55 AM »

It is just like aids, mucus membranes in body come in contact with the virus.

What they are not telling you, is that you can drink a liter of spit from someone with aids and not catch the virus.

Because it has a low infection rate .

However ebola is extremely infectious.

A drop of spit will give you the virus.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2014, 01:31:32 PM »
it'd be a worldwide crisis no matter who is in congress...

and any repub in congress that isn't introducing legislation to lock down the border/planes can STFU about criticizing obama for not doing enough to stop it.  More of the "you go ahead and bomb syria, we'll support/condemn after we see the results".

RICK PERRY IS RIGHT...> WASHINGTON needs to do something about it - that includes congressional act. LET OBAMA say NO to anything congress issues on the matter... every death is on HIS hands then.  But congress intro'ing bills on all this trivial shit, but complaining obama isn't doing enough to stop it?  STFU already. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2014, 01:40:41 PM »
it'd be a worldwide crisis no matter who is in congress...

and any repub in congress that isn't introducing legislation to lock down the border/planes can STFU about criticizing obama for not doing enough to stop it.  More of the "you go ahead and bomb syria, we'll support/condemn after we see the results".

RICK PERRY IS RIGHT...> WASHINGTON needs to do something about it - that includes congressional act. LET OBAMA say NO to anything congress issues on the matter... every death is on HIS hands then.  But congress intro'ing bills on all this trivial shit, but complaining obama isn't doing enough to stop it?  STFU already. 

wat

Srsly, you try and introduce the same hypocrisy angle into every thread, even one that has nothing to do with that.

No ones biting bro.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2014, 02:18:11 PM »
wat

Srsly, you try and introduce the same hypocrisy angle into every thread, even one that has nothing to do with that.

No ones biting bro.

I'm serious here.  Congress is SUING obama for using executive action too much.  He's NOT doing one on Ebola.  So why not a congressional act closing the border/air/boat/foot travel to ALL people from Africa and other affected areas?

Perry was right.  Perry didn't say "obama".  He cited Washington, and he's correct.  WHy this isn't the #1 item every congressmen is working on today, is beyond me.  Redskins name change more important?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2014, 02:56:44 PM »
wat

No ones biting bro.

Agreed its getting old man...

MikMaq

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2014, 02:57:38 PM »
I'm serious here.  Congress is SUING obama for using executive action too much.  He's NOT doing one on Ebola.  So why not a congressional act closing the border/air/boat/foot travel to ALL people from Africa and other affected areas?

Perry was right.  Perry didn't say "obama".  He cited Washington, and he's correct.  WHy this isn't the #1 item every congressmen is working on today, is beyond me.  Redskins name change more important?
Shuck the fuck up, I don't give a fuck about your monkey in office.

This is somethign bigger you dumb  fuck, all your political power in washington got small shit on Ebola.

If he strenghtens border control the markets goto shit, if he has an open border the virus spreads.

Do you honestly think your little intellect has some reverence on the situation.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2014, 02:59:06 PM »

woah...so youre saying the CDC director said it could spread similar to the movie outbreak?

i havent seen it but ill take a deeper look

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2014, 03:00:51 PM »
woah...so youre saying the CDC director said it could spread similar to the movie outbreak?

Mobacca passes that shit every time she takes a No. 2   ;)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2014, 03:03:59 PM »
Mobacca passes that shit every time she takes a No. 2   ;)

cool story bro

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2014, 03:05:45 PM »

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/220046-cdc-airborne-ebola-possible-but-unlikely

The Ebola virus becoming airborne is a possible but unlikely outcome in the current epidemic, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Tom Frieden said Tuesday.

The outbreak involves Ebola Zaire, a strain that is passed through bodily fluids, not the air. But some experts have expressed fear about viral mutations due to the unprecedented — and rising — number of Ebola cases.

Frieden sought to allay those fears during a call with reporters.

"The rate of change [with Ebola] is slower than most viruses, and most viruses don't change how they spread," he said. Frieden is unofficially spearheading the U.S. response to Ebola.

"That is not to say it's impossible that it could change [to become airborne]," he continued. "That would be the worst-case scenario. We would know that by looking at ... what is happening in Africa. That is why we have scientists from the CDC on the ground tracking that."

A change in the way Ebola spreads would make the virus significantly more dangerous. The disease kills roughly half the people it infects, and lacking a vaccine or cure, its traceable chain of transmission through bodily fluids is one reason officials believe they can contain it.

Still, there is almost no precedent for a human virus mutating to become transmissible in a different way, a key piece of evidence in weighing whether that kind of shift is likely for Ebola.

"We have so many problems with Ebola, let’s not make another one that, of course, is theoretically possible but is pretty way down on the list of likely issues," infectious diseases expert William Schaffner of Vanderbilt University told Scientific American.

Frieden touted new progress against Ebola in West Africa and Dallas, where a Liberian man remains in critical condition, but warned that "globally, this is going to be a long, hard fight."

The Dallas patient interacted with 10 definite and 38 possible interlocturos who are now being monitored, he said. None have shown symptoms.

MikMaq

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2014, 03:16:17 PM »
I honestly think understanding the risk is generational.

Just as the 2008 crisis made most sense to people that grew up in the 1930s, having family members effected by past pandemics helps.

My grandmother spent 3 years in hospital with Tuberculosis. It shaped the lives of my entire family.

If you can appreciate how normal pandemics were pre-Penicillin.

It was quite normal for 10 percent of a generation to be wiped out at a planetary level.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2014, 04:41:52 PM »

It was in an article on zero hedge.

He said it could theoretically be transfered via coughs/sneezes putting mucus into the air, hence close vontact transmission, not just 'hanging' in the air.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2014, 05:04:06 PM »
sounds like the texas dude has been in critical condition for a few days.  any news on him?  probably doesn't look good.  "experimental treatment"?