Author Topic: Potheads are by and large unsuccessful  (Read 7968 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: Potheads are by and large unsuccessful
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 10:42:35 AM »

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2014, 10:42:43 AM »
That is a very simplistic way of looking at it. 

Especially if you look at people who pot / coke as they get older.  For example, I can smoke the odd joint within my broader circle, but I could never ever do a hard drug.  And I don't care if my staff smoke a joint the evening before work, but I do not like it and let them know if I hear they have been doing lines.

I was posing a question is all.  I was speculating on perception more than being factual.  I'm exactly the same way.  I've been known to toke now and again but I avoid hard drugs and I always have.
A

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2014, 10:46:48 AM »

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2014, 10:50:16 AM »
I was posing a question is all.  I was speculating on perception more than being factual.  I'm exactly the same way.  I've been known to toke now and again but I avoid hard drugs and I always have.

Apologies if I sounded combative.  You're actually one of the posters I appreciate the most on here.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2014, 10:51:52 AM »
Apologies if I sounded combative.  You're actually one of the posters I appreciate the most on here.

Thanks, buddy.  I was speculating and should have been clearer. 
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2014, 11:01:58 AM »
Wiggs is an exception to this rule.

;D

I cant get shit done when I smoke except for pothead thoughts. This is why I no longer smoke. Not hating on the beautiful plant though. There is such thing as too much. I now enjoy having a clear head.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 11:16:18 AM »
People that smoke marijuana are generally lazy, forgetful,  grandiose and unreliable. Companies that drug test will not hire a candidate who tests positive more marijuana,  even in states where marijuana is legal, decriminalized, or sanctioned for medical use.There is a reason for this.

In before someone cites the one in a million pothead who was successful. Let's stick with the 99.9% who aren't.

Its undestandable, have you ever seen any of the recent MRI scans of chronic pot smokers, their brains look like swiss cheese, whole sections of the brain are riddled with holes!

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 02:25:33 PM »
Not too many successful potheads who get absolutely cooked everyday early in the day...Sure there are many that use weed and are very productive. But majority of them aren't doing a wake and bake. A lot of these people are doing one hitters throughout the day where no one even knows their using anything. But very few wake and bake people are setting the world on fire...

yeah but you can replace pot with any kind of... anything. drinkers, acid droppers, steroid users, gamers, whatever. when that one activity is the primary mover in your life, no shit you won't be successful. any time any singular activity is all you focus on, your life is gonna be shit. period.

that's like saying drinkers are all abusive losers and pointing at the guys who roll out of bed and slug half a bottle of jim beam. there's a wiiiiiiide berth between casual use and crippling habit.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2014, 10:29:49 AM »
For me pot has been my worst best friend.

When I feel good and comfortable in my own situations pot makes me feel like a million bucks and makes me feel inspired even. People wouldn't even know I'm on one because I just feel so good.

But when I feel like shit and miserable pot makes me feel that much worse and makes it mental to even step outside.

So smoke pot when you feel good and you want to have fun, but fix your problems if you have any before you smoke.

As far as getting cancer from pot? gtfo :D

MikMaq

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 10:58:08 AM »
I think the problem is, people can't distinguish between potheads and occasional users.

The reality is alot more people smoke than most people realize.

Even people like myself that are anti pot 355 days a year, will have those days where I'll do nothing but get blitzed.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 11:07:07 AM »
Its undestandable, have you ever seen any of the recent MRI scans of chronic pot smokers, their brains look like swiss cheese, whole sections of the brain are riddled with holes!

Absolute bullshit, it's a neuroprotectant, the US has a patent on Cannabis for this use.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 11:13:14 AM »
I think the problem is, people can't distinguish between potheads and occasional users.

The reality is alot more people smoke than most people realize.

Even people like myself that are anti pot 355 days a year, will have those days where I'll do nothing but get blitzed.

This! Some people that I never would have believed to be smoking pot actually get blazed regularly. Like this one phat ass hottie female security guard who trains in the same gym as I do. Went to talk with her, and in 20 minutes we were talking about how much better having sex feels when high... no lie!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 11:14:13 AM »
OP is right. There are the one in a million, but most are lazy. I have a few that work for me, and they are severely unmotivated. Lol @ the "grandiose" description, I know someone that the word fits perfectly.

MikMaq

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 11:29:29 AM »
This! Some people that I never would have believed to be smoking pot actually get blazed regularly. Like this one phat ass hottie female security guard who trains in the same gym as I do. Went to talk with her, and in 20 minutes we were talking about how much better having sex feels when high... no lie!
That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about your average douche suit, that has a conservative agenda, that will dump on blacks liberals and pot heads all day long, but while drunk at the office work party will be mumbling "give me some of that shit".

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 11:33:53 AM »
That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about your average douche suit, that has a conservative agenda, that will dump on blacks liberals and pot heads all day long, but while drunk at the office work party will be mumbling "give me some of that shit".

Yeah I know, and I agreed.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 12:25:04 PM »
For me pot has been my worst best friend.

When I feel good and comfortable in my own situations pot makes me feel like a million bucks and makes me feel inspired even. People wouldn't even know I'm on one because I just feel so good.

But when I feel like shit and miserable pot makes me feel that much worse and makes it mental to even step outside.

So smoke pot when you feel good and you want to have fun, but fix your problems if you have any before you smoke.

man thats me 100% right there,honestly if i smoke some weed i wont b able to go outside till i start to come down alittle, when i was younger id get stoned out of my skull and loved to talk to people outside.i used to toke up heavy in 80,s and early 90,s,last time i smoked i hid in my bathroom for 3 hrs and locked the door,got paranoid and nervous as fuck

As far as getting cancer from pot? gtfo :D
R

Beckenbauer

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2014, 02:39:08 PM »
It never appealed to me although I was surrounded by potheads. :D
Biggest reason against was getting addicted to it. Most of these potheads spending time to get the next smoke.

Although there were few who were really smart, and one I knew was very good in sports and smoked occasionally.
And most smoke with friends or it's like socializing, and I never cared for it.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2014, 02:41:30 PM »

pot coke and steroids will do that to you.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2014, 06:30:44 PM »
People that smoke marijuana are generally lazy, forgetful,  grandiose and unreliable. Companies that drug test will not hire a candidate who tests positive more marijuana,  even in states where marijuana is legal, decriminalized, or sanctioned for medical use.There is a reason for this.

In before someone cites the one in a million pothead who was successful. Let's stick with the 99.9% who aren't.

They are also fat from snacking on munchies.

scabbard

• Getbig I
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2014, 01:51:27 AM »
Now that pot is legal in my state, I'm inclined to try to use it.  I don't smoke, so I won't smoke it, but I will try it in some other form such as a cookie or brownie.  Since I do view it as a medicine (epileptics and people dying of cancer or AIDS have said they have benefited from it) that acts as a calmative and relaxant, I can't see any harm in it.  Willie Nelson and a travel guide on one of our local TV stations use it, and I don't see that they're impaired or dysfunctional.  I have a couple of questions, however.

If you're depressed, stressed or anxious, will it help control or get rid of those feelings?
How long does the "high" last?  (I guess it would depend on how much you take.)
An anonymous person who takes it said pot makes her feel giddy and silly.  Is that the normal reaction for most pot users?
I suppose it is addictive.  Were any of you able to stop it "cold turkey"?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2014, 01:58:56 AM »
pothead and successful are words seldom seen in the same sentence.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2014, 02:23:37 AM »
Now that pot is legal in my state, I'm inclined to try to use it.  I don't smoke, so I won't smoke it, but I will try it in some other form such as a cookie or brownie.  Since I do view it as a medicine (epileptics and people dying of cancer or AIDS have said they have benefited from it) that acts as a calmative and relaxant, I can't see any harm in it.  Willie Nelson and a travel guide on one of our local TV stations use it, and I don't see that they're impaired or dysfunctional.  I have a couple of questions, however.

If you're depressed, stressed or anxious, will it help control or get rid of those feelings?
An anonymous person who takes it said pot makes her feel giddy and silly.  Is that the normal reaction for most pot users?

Marijuana is a psychedelic drug so it' effects are dependent on the individuals psychology and surroundings.

Some people get anxious, some people feel relaxed.

The high peaks maybe half an hour to an hour after smoking and then gradually wears off over the following few hours.

It can make you giddy and silly, it depends on your personality, your surroundings and how you react to the drug.

I used to smoke everyday a long time ago, and the times when I took a break, I felt very bored and found it hard to sleep for a few nights after stopping.

The effects it had for me is that it made everything better.

Food tasted better, music sounded better, watching TV or a movie was far more engrossing and interesting, having sex better, etc.

The side effects were anxiety and paranoia. I put up with the side effects to get the good effects.

But the daily anxiety, paranoia and introspective negative thinking took it's toll over time on my psyche.

I only use on rare occasions now. The last time was new years eve last year.

But many people can use regularly and have no negative mental effects.

Interestingly, I found the negative self analysis could be beneficial in making positive changes in some aspect about myself, that I wasn't aware of before. It's like it allowed me look at my life from a different perspective that I couldn't see when sober.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2014, 02:24:38 AM »
100% Hardcore pot smoking (everyday) definilty decrease ambition/drive. Seen it happen first hand with friends of mine.  

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2014, 02:33:18 AM »
100% Hardcore pot smoking (everyday) definilty decrease ambition/drive. Seen it happen first hand with friends of mine.  

X2.... "but its just the same thing as when you drink on the weekend"

nope. They fail to see the damage it does on their drive/ambition/cognition etc etc

dustin

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2014, 03:26:27 AM »

It's one thing to read anecdotes and another to just try it. It's not like snorting a huge rail of cocaine, it's just marijuana. I wouldn't eat it the first time either. Smoke it for sure. Shorter duration, quicker onset, allows you to assess tolerance WAY better.

Eating marijuana can feel like nothing for some people. Or you'll feel nothing, then suddenly it's a roller coaster that climbs and climbs with no pinnacle. You get sky high (no pun intended) and it's way too uncomfortable. Even a veteran like myself has "greened out" and felt absolutely nauseated from eating too high of a dose. That's why I like smoking. If you're going to consume edibles, find the right dose and then divide up your baked goods so they can be frozen. It's so easy to make it that I don't recommend buying it. You can get trim from a grower, put it in a crock pot with butter and water and simmer it for 8 hours. Strain it and put it in the fridge. When the fat solidifies, poke a hole and drain out the water from underneath. Heat it on a stove so it breaks down and is liquid again, then put it in a glass jar and freeze it.

Whenever you need to cook with it, just add the butter into your recipe and you're golden. I standardize mine to match the fat required for a batch of brownies. 60ml of my butter will go into a batch of brownies and I'll cut it up into about 40 pieces. Each piece gets me just the right amount of medicine to kill my nausea and migraines. Smoking is a lot faster, but these last a long time and it's easy to pop a piece in my mouth at work or at school without having to puff anything. I carry an epen to vaporize. Smoked marijuana is awesome, but I live around too many kids and I don't like blowing it all over the neighborhood if it can be helped. I have a license by the way, but I don't like to be flagrant (again, no pun intended) and flaunt it around like a dickhead. Some people don't appreciate the smell and others think it'll kill their brain cells, so I usually vape or eat a brownie. Pretty simple stuff. Doesn't get you all fucked up and giggly like most people think. You just feel relaxed; think a little more abstract; short-term memory can suck; tastes and smells have more depth and complexity (thereby making food taste way more interesting); and you can laugh a bit more easily. People think a puff will send you over the moon and you can't stop laughing like an asshole, but that's just in first-timers or immature kids. No one can ever tell if I've used it in any form.