Author Topic: The Epic Slow Progress of being Lifetime Natural  (Read 42968 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: The Epic Slow Progress of being Lifetime Natural
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2014, 01:17:01 AM »
Ironically in later life you may get an illness that requires you to use anabolic steroids.
I could see it beneficial in that way.  But using them at the expense of health just for muscle just does not seem to be worth it to me. 

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2014, 01:45:51 AM »

Simple Simon

« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2014, 01:50:07 AM »
I could see it beneficial in that way.  But using them at the expense of health just for muscle just does not seem to be worth it to me. 
Used wisely there is no health risk.
You could say the same about Asprin use.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2014, 01:54:40 AM »
We can all agree that blacks are superior, exceptions being credit scores, societal achievements, etc
lol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2014, 02:04:16 AM »
If I am content with how I look and don`t care if I ever gain another ounce, why would I even bother with them?

theyounghormone

• Getbig II
  • retired teen bodybuilder
« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2014, 02:06:55 AM »
looked better in 2006, must have been indulging in some natural prohormones at the time

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2014, 02:22:54 AM »
No one, there is nothing to argue with.

Say hello to Gaussian curve. It describes fairly well every variable known by me that characterizes population. Height. Weight. Intelligence. BMI. It is actually pretty amazing.

Why would anyone think that there is a variable that is constant among ENTIRE race is beyond me.

You seem to know a lot about the Gaussian curve. Then you know that the real question is how big the standard deviation is.
Imo not so big. Haven't seen a lot of "natural freaks" and variation. That isn't to say it doesn't exist, but it is highly uncommon and the differences must be small.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2014, 04:22:46 AM »
looked better in 2006, must have been indulging in some natural prohormones at the time
???
I am leaner at the same bodyweight now in the second picture.

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #158 on: October 16, 2014, 06:29:21 AM »
1. I prefer the look of Lifetime Naturals.  I like the the straighter, razor thin look rather than the bulbous enhanced look.
2. I value my health above all things and do not think steroids are a good idea to use health-wise.  At least I will never have any health related problems attributed to steroids.
3. I enjoy lifting weights, manipulating calories and love the benefits of exercise.  I am not wasting any time doing something I enjoy and that is good for me.
4. I am content with my progress and how I look and what it has taken to get here and maintain.  If I never gained another ounce of muscle I would be just as happy.  I am not insecure nor envious of anyone or desire to be any different than what I am now. 
5. I would hate to waste the time researching all the drugs and what not and its way too overwhelming and the risks are not worth the results in my opinion, especially when I have no interest in looking any different size wise.

Perhaps that helps.
Good statement TA..Respect.
H

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2014, 06:30:41 AM »

An enlarged heart from multiple years of use doesn't seem worth it to me.

Simple Simon

« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2014, 07:09:09 AM »
An enlarged heart from multiple years of use doesn't seem worth it to me.
Use and abuse are two totally different animals my friend.

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2014, 07:41:24 AM »
Here is another of Brian Whitacre who is a Natural Pro

Honestly. I think this guy is on drugs. He has the slightly 'pooching' nipples (gyno) which to me is a give away. Plus, he has the head and face of a smaller guy, doesn't match his body.

K1RB

• Getbig III
« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2014, 07:50:16 AM »
1. I prefer the look of Lifetime Naturals.  I like the the straighter, razor thin look rather than the bulbous enhanced look.
2. I value my health above all things and do not think steroids are a good idea to use health-wise.  At least I will never have any health related problems attributed to steroids.
3. I enjoy lifting weights, manipulating calories and love the benefits of exercise.  I am not wasting any time doing something I enjoy and that is good for me.
4. I am content with my progress and how I look and what it has taken to get here and maintain.  If I never gained another ounce of muscle I would be just as happy.  I am not insecure nor envious of anyone or desire to be any different than what I am now. 
5. I would hate to waste the time researching all the drugs and what not and its way too overwhelming and the risks are not worth the results in my opinion, especially when I have no interest in looking any different size wise.

Perhaps that helps.
Mate-
You value your health? I get it-but whats to say you don't contract cancer or die of heart failure or whatever else runs in your family?
Fuck, you can have prostate cancer right now and not even know it-
What you should really be thinking about is all the time you have wasted in the gym, preparing food, reading countless articles etc...
Think if you would have taken that same dedication and poured it into your education, or better yet, a business...
That is the true waste of time here...
No knock on you, but you could have spent 3 hours a week running, doing push ups and pull ups and would have looked the same, but had a much bigger bank account, which is by far a much greater measure of a mans legacy and his ability to pull some grade A ass...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #163 on: October 16, 2014, 07:52:52 AM »
Mate-
You value your health? I get it-but whats to say you don't contract cancer or die of heart failure or whatever else runs in your family?
Fuck, you can have prostate cancer right now and not even know it-
What you should really be thinking about is all the time you have wasted in the gym, preparing food, reading countless articles etc...
Think if you would have taken that same dedication and poured it into your education, or better yet, a business...
That is the true waste of time here...
No knock on you, but you could have spent 3 hours a week running, doing push ups and pull ups and would have looked the same, but had a much bigger bank account, which is by far a much greater measure of a mans legacy and his ability to pull some grade A ass...
I'M TAKEN YOU DON'T KNOW THIS FELLA'S BACKROUND...HE CAN AFFORD TO BE THIS ANAL...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #164 on: October 16, 2014, 07:58:25 AM »
I'M TAKEN YOU DON'T KNOW THIS FELLA'S BACKROUND...HE CAN AFFORD TO BE THIS ANAL...

Exactly. ;D
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #165 on: October 16, 2014, 08:01:47 AM »
The bad thing about being a lifetime natural is reaching the end of your life realizing that you will never ever experience what it is like to be an enhanced lifter. You had only one chance at life and now it is over for all eternity, an opportunity wasted. I guess what you don't know won't hurt you.

lol. Yes, because on my deathbed, that is the first thing I am going to be thinking about, "Why didn't I take steroids." I wont be thinking about my family, my friends, my career, all the people I have known in my life. Nope, none of that. The only thing I will regret on my deathbed is not taking steroids.
X

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2014, 08:05:11 AM »

Perhaps that helps.

You look great, brother.

You have built a physique that many of the enhanced here have yet to achieve.

A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: October 16, 2014, 08:09:45 AM »
lol. Yes, because on my deathbed, that is the first thing I am going to be thinking about, "Why didn't I take steroids." I wont be thinking about my family, my friends, my career, all the people I have known in my life. Nope, none of that. The only thing I will regret on my deathbed is not taking steroids.
ROFLMAO!!!!

That fact that not taking steroids is somehow elevated to one of life`s biggest regrets is beyond comprehension.  I bet Mike Mattarazzo regrets taking steroids.  He said so himself before he died that is.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #168 on: October 16, 2014, 08:18:28 AM »

i often wonder about the sanity of anyone who considers their arms to be amongst their primary concerns in life. i knew a kid in college, he was 19 at the time, steroids practically oozing out his ears. he told me he didn't care if he dropped dead at 30 he just wanted an IFBB pro card. pretty sure he changed his tune a few years later.

if your self worth is determined by how you look without a shirt on, that tells me you don't have much else of value about you as a person. adam's had it figured out for a while now: the gym and diet are there to enhance your life, not be the focus of it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #169 on: October 16, 2014, 08:20:20 AM »
ROFLMAO!!!!

That fact that not taking steroids is somehow elevated to one of life`s biggest regrets is beyond comprehension.  I bet Mike Mattarazzo regrets taking steroids.  He said so himself before he died that is.

Like you, I have no desire to take steroids. I love to train. Of course Im always trying to improve my physique, but I just do not want to take anything.

It seems like steroid users get very mad or defensive when a natural says he does not want to take anything. I am not too sure why this is. :-\
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #170 on: October 16, 2014, 08:24:08 AM »
i often wonder about the sanity of anyone who considers their arms to be amongst their primary concerns in life. i knew a kid in college, he was 19 at the time, steroids practically oozing out his ears. he told me he didn't care if he dropped dead at 30 he just wanted an IFBB pro card. pretty sure he changed his tune a few years later.

if your self worth is determined by how you look without a shirt on, that tells me you don't have much else of value about you as a person. adam's had it figured out for a while now: the gym and diet are there to enhance your life, not be the focus of it.

Exactly. It's their to enhance your life. My primary goal is to be healthy and productive at an old age. Of course there is no guarantees that even with a healthy lifestyle this will happen. However, it does increase the likelihood that it will occur. That's good enough for me to go on.
X

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: October 16, 2014, 08:30:11 AM »

the fuck are you talking about 'good genetics for muscle building'?

everyone has the ability to build muscle. it's an adaptative response to stress.

you think some people have better 'muscle building genetics'? is that the excuse you tell yourself for looking like a dork?

whites will pretty much all look the same at the same bf level and heights and weights if they have workout out an equal amount of time. where the 'genetics' comes in is the actual density a natty can carry. some carry denser fiber than others. and the way it sits on his skeleton. his structure. those are genetic you fucking dork. the 'building big musclezzzz part' is pretty much equal across the board for nattys.

I'm tired of hearing every twirp like you cry abt your genetics. your lazy and you don't train enough. secondly your 'genetics for building muscle' are on par w every other white guy of your height out there. guess what speedbag. every white natty who's 5'6 is prolly going to have the same amount of lean tissue. same as 5'7 5'8 5'9 and so on.

the only time genetics plays a part in how much muscle you'll accumulate is when anabolics is involved and the response to those compounds.

Explain how people I know who never touched a weight had muscle mass in their shoulders, biceps, calves, and a six pack and looked better than those who were hitting the gym? I can't explain it other than genetics. 

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #172 on: October 16, 2014, 08:47:10 AM »
You seem to know a lot about the Gaussian curve. Then you know that the real question is how big the standard deviation is.
Imo not so big. Haven't seen a lot of "natural freaks" and variation. That isn't to say it doesn't exist, but it is highly uncommon and the differences must be small.

Honestly, I don't know that much, but this is elementary stuff. I don't like term "small". What is small? In order to tell something about SD you would need to take at least 100 naturals that satisfy no one's condition. I don't have enough experience to cast any predictions. In fact, vast majority of people I know that are worth shit when it comes to physique are far from natural.

break this down for me please im curious.

It is really simple. When you take basically any variable the amount of people that are worse than average by some value is more or less equal than the amount of people that are better by the same value than average. This is so called normal distribution. For example, the amount of people that are 165cm tall is equal to the number of people that are 205cm tall, if the average if 185cm.

Normal distribution depends on two variables: average and standard deviation (SD). Average is pretty obvious. Lower standard deviation tells you that many objects (in this case: bodybuilders) are close to the average.

If you just calculate lean bodymass of population then it is obvious that SD will be high. Constraints you have made on popopulation:

- only those who train seriously
 - >5 years lifting
 - white
 - male
 - same height

Will most likely lower the SD, as you intuitevely know, BUT, there will be still guys that are outside of that.

In short, for every shitzo there must be a groink. That's the beauty of math, it fucking works.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: October 16, 2014, 08:56:19 AM »
Like you, I have no desire to take steroids. I love to train. Of course Im always trying to improve my physique, but I just do not want to take anything.

It seems like steroid users get very mad or defensive when a natural says he does not want to take anything. I am not too sure why this is. :-\
I think a great deal of those aspersions result from those who are heavily reliant on steroids to even make it to the gym.  Chances they never gave Natural training a try long enough, perhaps gave it a try and gave up and wanted a quicker path to their objective, never really trained hard enough to get any results and turned to steroids, or a myriad of other reason.  They lack what I call bodybuilding empathy in that they only see it from one side, their own side, and think that their goals and objectives are the only ones that everyone should apply or aspire to and cannot imagine any deviation or difference.  In reality, their ire is just a bright projection of their own insecurity and flaws which apex in a state of permanent contempt.  They would never understand loving the pursuit for the sake of the pursuit. For them, the pursuit is an annoyance.  

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #174 on: October 16, 2014, 09:00:06 AM »
To be honest, I do think no one has a point.

Take 100 guys of the same race, age and height and put them on the same training program and diet. After 2 years, I think all will have a relatively similar level of appearance and muscle mass. Some will obviously carry more lean muscle then others but I don't think it would be all that drastic across the board. It will just be swings of a few lbs either way.

Their strength differences will vary far more then their size will.