Author Topic: Dorian Yates  (Read 4600 times)

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
Re: Dorian Yates
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 01:08:55 PM »
maybe he had better things to do than be at the gym all day  ???

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 02:06:53 PM »
I think it all comes down to the individual.  Whether you're using or not, try one way and if it doesn't seem to be working, try a different method.  Everyone is different and pushes themselves differently so blindly following someone else's method seems stupid to me.  I'm sure Dorian Yates tried many different things until he found a routine that gave him great results. 

Louis Cipher

• Getbig II
  • Aue Caesar, Morituri Te Salutant!
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2014, 11:40:24 AM »
I just watched his chest training. Did warm up sets as he calls them, then one set to failure. Yet, he tries to convince people he only does 1 set. He does just as many sets as everyone else. I dont understand the need to tell people he only does one set.

He never tried to convince people that he only did one set. He always maintained that he did up to three warm-ups on the first exercise and just one warm-up on subsequent exercises, plus the sets to failure. That's what is shown in Blood and Guts.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2014, 02:03:33 AM »
You don't need to do much to break the muscle down once you've been training a few years. You can feel it a lot easier. Especially when you take sets to failure.

People who say Dorian did 16-20 sets have no idea.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 02:07:10 AM »
He trained 3 days a week, but thought the week was 6 days long so actually trained 21 times every 42 days.