Author Topic: Former US soldier joins Kurdish militia against ISIS  (Read 522 times)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Former US soldier joins Kurdish militia against ISIS
« on: October 27, 2014, 09:13:40 AM »
A true hero.

But it's illegal according to the US government btw.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/27/world/meast/syria-former-us-soldier/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Rojava, Northern Syria (CNN) -- A small town in Wisconsin is a far cry from the civil war-ravaged fields of northern Syria.
But for Jordan Matson, a former U.S. solider, the battlefield feels most like home.
For the last month, Matson, 28, has been a volunteer fighter in the Kurdish militia known here as the People's Protection Units, or YPG. The group has been defending three small Kurdish statelets in northern Syria. The Kurdish militants have also spent much of the last year battling ISIS, the hardline jihadist group that wants to create an Islamic state across parts of Iraq and Syria.
"Due to two years of almost no foreign policy in the region -- while these people threatened American citizens, and bring harm to us -- I think I decided enough was enough, and I decided to come out this way," Matson said.

He saw the fall of Iraq's second-largest city, Mosul, as a turning point.
"All of the American brothers that have died over there -- all the American veterans that have died over there -- and paid their lives for that country so they could have a democracy. That just resonated in my mind. And I couldn't live with myself letting that country fall, and all my brothers' lives be for nothing," Matson said.
But instead of ending up in Iraq, Matson joined the YPG in Syria.
A

alpha infidel

• Getbig II
Re: Former US soldier joins Kurdish militia against ISIS
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 10:05:19 AM »
a hero fighting these scum

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 10:24:02 AM »
I'm sure he will be arrested immediately upon reentering the country.
A

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:07:39 AM »
I'm sure he will be arrested immediately upon reentering the country.

Probably, unless he joined ISIS, then he would be fine
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ