Author Topic: Online Pharmacy Question  (Read 4296 times)

theEsquire

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
Online Pharmacy Question
« on: October 18, 2014, 09:03:07 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good online pharmacy (one that does NOT require prescriptions)?  I picked up some kind of parasite in the Dominican and am looking to get some Metronidazole.  I've been looking at OurMeds.org.

In the alternative, does anyone have any experience using "ParaGone?"

Thanks in advance.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Online Pharmacy Question
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 11:36:20 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good online pharmacy (one that does NOT require prescriptions)?  I picked up some kind of parasite in the Dominican and am looking to get some Metronidazole.  I've been looking at OurMeds.org.

In the alternative, does anyone have any experience using "ParaGone?"

Thanks in advance.

Why wouldn't you just get a prescription from your doctor to treat the parasite? That's not something you should take chances on.

whitewidow

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 04:32:17 AM »
Why wouldn't you just get a prescription from your doctor to treat the parasite? That's not something you should take chances on.

No shit! why not just go to the ER and bill it? Then just never pay the bill writ them a letter saying they did a shitty job and refuse to pay ;D in all seriousness just go get it prescribed by a real doctor alot of those sites are scams or they sell shit products that come from overseas countrys.

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 06:54:33 AM »
No shit! why not just go to the ER and bill it? Then just never pay the bill writ them a letter saying they did a shitty job and refuse to pay ;D in all seriousness just go get it prescribed by a real doctor alot of those sites are scams or they sell shit products that come from overseas countrys.

Would alldaychemist be a good one?

But yeah, theEsquire, I would suggest seeing a doc asap. You don't want something like that making it's way into your blood stream.

whitewidow

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 07:49:35 AM »

Would alldaychemist be a good one?

But yeah, theEsquire, I would suggest seeing a doc asap. You don't want something like that making it's way into your blood stream.

steroids is one thing but getting prescription medication online is a horrible idea alot of websites that are deceptive, most of what those websites sell is from overseas even though it says shipped from the USA and markets the product as a USA brand. Maybe some do work out but it would be for drugs that are not scheduled but even then it's just sketchy business it's just so much easier to go get a prescription from a doctor. You could see how they want ppayment and if they except a debit or credit card and don;t come through real quick just call in a complaints and get your cash back but never wire any money when dealing with a site that deals prescription medication.

theEsquire

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 08:31:25 AM »
From the research I've done, the protozoan doesn't get into the blood stream.  Eventually it just dies off but can take anywhere from weeks-months if left untreated.

My ER copay is $100.  I can't get an appointment with my PCP, they will only let me see the Nurse Practitioner who I can't stand.  Furthermore, I don't think they will just write me a script for Metronidazole.  Most likely they will require multiple rounds of stool samples which could take another week.  This has been going on for over a week and although I'm staying hydrated, I've lost weight and cannot eat like I usually would to support muscle building.

If I thought it was as easy as going to see my doc and having him write a prescription, I would've done that.  The last time I went for a sinus infection, they started asking me "standardized" questions about whether or not I was feeling depressed and if I was having suicidal thoughts...again, there for a sinus infection.  The US medical industry is entirely insurance company driven and frowns upon intelligent patients who actually do the research themselves instead of blindly following the advice of a stranger with a diploma on the wall.

whitewidow

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 11:42:13 AM »
I have never heard of this drug so I looked it up "Metronidazole is an antibiotic. It fights bacteria in your body.

Metronidazole is used to treat bacterial infections of the vagina, stomach, skin, joints, and respiratory tract. This medication will not treat a vaginal yeast infection.

Metronidazole may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide."

You should be able to see a emergency doctor. I am not sure who you are insured by but just go to the ER or just go see the NP you don;t like if it is bothering you that much you should get it looked at. If I had some levaquin I would help you out. Levaquin is a all purpose anti-biotic very spendy 215$ for 10 tabs but my insurance pays 80%.

man if you order this medication from any site you will be waiting weeks for this drug. You better go in and get it looked at.

All those online rouge pharmacys are sketchy! they advertise like the drugs ship within the usa and they are usa grade but usually they ship them out of india or somewhere real sketch. I wouldn't order it online. You should have no problem getting a prescription it's not even a scheduled drugs from what I know about doctors and it's quite a bit they will write almost anything except scheduled drugs that require them to use their DEA number unless it's a antibiotic you have had recently in that case they don't like prescribing the same antibiotic too close together because they become ineffective if they are used just months apart.

say you have a sinus infection they will prescribe you amoxicillin but if you get another sinus infection just a few months later they won;t give you amoxicillin they will give you a diffrent antibiotic like augmentin because your body gets very immune to antibiotics. They just won;t work if they are used to close together and they like to keep people off antibiotics unless it;s real important because if you ever get real sick and need those antibiotics and your body is immune to them your fucked. same deal with pregnisone if you have a rash that breaks out foir some real odd reason and you need pregnisone they willl only give you maybe 7 tablets and they won;t give you anymore then that especially if your young because same deal it just becomes totally ineffective real quick and you might need pregnisone incase some life thretening emergency happens.

That's what sucks about my past with Opiates the doctors told me they don;lt know what the fuck will work for me if I got hurt again or was in another bad accident my opiate tolerance is so crazy high nothing might not work. even though I am just a suboxone patient i still am considered opiate tolerant. I have gone off my suboxone for a day and i can still use alot of opiates and they donlt have that big of a effect on me where if somebody else took that amount they would die!

theEsquire

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 11:49:05 AM »
I guess I'm going to have to suck it up and just spend a day at the doctor's office  :-\

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 01:59:48 PM »
From the research I've done, the protozoan doesn't get into the blood stream.  Eventually it just dies off but can take anywhere from weeks-months if left untreated.

My ER copay is $100.  I can't get an appointment with my PCP, they will only let me see the Nurse Practitioner who I can't stand.  Furthermore, I don't think they will just write me a script for Metronidazole.  Most likely they will require multiple rounds of stool samples which could take another week.  This has been going on for over a week and although I'm staying hydrated, I've lost weight and cannot eat like I usually would to support muscle building.

If I thought it was as easy as going to see my doc and having him write a prescription, I would've done that.  The last time I went for a sinus infection, they started asking me "standardized" questions about whether or not I was feeling depressed and if I was having suicidal thoughts...again, there for a sinus infection.  The US medical industry is entirely insurance company driven and frowns upon intelligent patients who actually do the research themselves instead of blindly following the advice of a stranger with a diploma on the wall.

First, if what you said about previous doctor visits is true, my advice is to fine yourself a new primary care physician. Your doctor will have to identify the parasite before prescribing treatment. This is done from a stool sample . Some people have allergies to Metronidazole, you could be one of those folks unless you've taken it before with no adverse side effects..

Second, if time is an issue, medications ordered from online pharmacies that don't require script and ship from outside the U.S. can takes several weeks or longer to arrive. They might sit in customs for a month before being released or confiscated, in which case they will never be delivered.

Your $100 ER copay is pretty much the norm today. Insurance providers discourage folks from using the ER except in the case of an emergency. If you have insurance, it is likely you won't get treatment for a parasite there since it probably isn't considered an emergency.

If you read about Protozoa, then you know this is a general classification for a huge variety of parasites (30,000 to be exact), some are more aggressive and dangerous than others. Your decision to treat this yourself is dubious to say the least.

pharmacist

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 05:31:18 PM »
  Go see a doc ! If you still need the Metronidazole after I have some and I can donate. About 40 tabs 250 mg.
Best of luck!

whitewidow

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 07:54:59 PM »
  Go see a doc ! If you still need the Metronidazole after I have some and I can donate. About 40 tabs 250 mg.
Best of luck!

fuck just help the kid out! I would if I had the medication he needed. That's alot of tbs! anytime I have been prescribed amoxicillin for a ear infection or a sinus infection they give me like 20 tabs and tell me to take 2 tabs a day for 10 days and even if i feel better aftre 3 days to just stick with the antibiotics and use the whole cycle up.

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 08:45:34 PM »
steroids is one thing but getting prescription medication online is a horrible idea alot of websites that are deceptive, most of what those websites sell is from overseas even though it says shipped from the USA and markets the product as a USA brand. Maybe some do work out but it would be for drugs that are not scheduled but even then it's just sketchy business it's just so much easier to go get a prescription from a doctor. You could see how they want ppayment and if they except a debit or credit card and don;t come through real quick just call in a complaints and get your cash back but never wire any money when dealing with a site that deals prescription medication.

Alright. I see what you mean. Thanks for explaining.

pharmacist

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 12:56:48 AM »
fuck just help the kid out! I would if I had the medication he needed. That's alot of tbs! anytime I have been prescribed amoxicillin for a ear infection or a sinus infection they give me like 20 tabs and tell me to take 2 tabs a day for 10 days and even if i feel better aftre 3 days to just stick with the antibiotics and use the whole cycle up.

I will help him out!
No problem. Its just I cant get it to him faster than 10 days. I am in Europe. But, if he decides he needs it I am sending it now. Just PM me!

whitewidow

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 04:00:21 AM »
  I will help him out!
No problem. Its just I cant get it to him faster than 10 days. I am in Europe. But, if he decides he needs it I am sending it now. Just PM me!

Oh that might be a issue i thought you were in the USA. Pm me.

theEsquire

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 07:51:40 AM »
Do you really think the only people "qualified" to make an educated decision based on symptoms and available treatment options are licensed medical professionals?  These are the same people who push statin drugs all the while either knowing or ignorant of the fact that the research/science does not demonstrate a positive correlation between high cholesterol and heart disease.  It's called access to information.  I understand that there are some things which require skill and expertise that are well beyond my capabilities as a lay person, surgery, oncology, etc.  However, I as an attorney know that EVERYONE has access to statues, rules of evidence, case law and you should educate yourself before blindly relying upon the advice of someone else.  Clinical trials of Metronidazole haven proven safe and 60-100% efficacious in adults/children.  Are there side effects? Absolutely.  None of which make taking a 5-10 day course of the drug, even if I'm wrong, dangerous. 

Prepping for a contest and doing all the things necessary to be successful in said prep is dubious.  This?  Not so much.

theEsquire

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 12:31:58 PM »
Just got back from the doctor.  He agreed that I most likely contracted giardia and prescribed Metronidazole 500mg.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read and respond in this thread.  8)

pharmacist

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 01:32:26 PM »
 Good Thing ... if you still want those let me know!

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 04:41:20 PM »
Just got back from the doctor.  He agreed that I most likely contracted giardia and prescribed Metronidazole 500mg.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read and respond in this thread.  8)

Alright, man. Hope you get better soon.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 09:19:22 PM »
Do you really think the only people "qualified" to make an educated decision based on symptoms and available treatment options are licensed medical professionals?  These are the same people who push statin drugs all the while either knowing or ignorant of the fact that the research/science does not demonstrate a positive correlation between high cholesterol and heart disease.  It's called access to information.  I understand that there are some things which require skill and expertise that are well beyond my capabilities as a lay person, surgery, oncology, etc.  However, I as an attorney know that EVERYONE has access to statues, rules of evidence, case law and you should educate yourself before blindly relying upon the advice of someone else.  Clinical trials of Metronidazole haven proven safe and 60-100% efficacious in adults/children.  Are there side effects? Absolutely.  None of which make taking a 5-10 day course of the drug, even if I'm wrong, dangerous.  

Prepping for a contest and doing all the things necessary to be successful in said prep is dubious.  This?  Not so much.

Clearly, you neither want nor need anyone's advice. You will do what you've already decided to is best. Good luck with this health issue. Hopefully, you will be able to resolve it. I mean this sincerely.

I see that you decided to seek the advice of a doctor. Good idea.