Author Topic: Luke Wood in the news - Bodybuilder's family want truth  (Read 14628 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Luke Wood in the news - Bodybuilder's family want truth
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 08:05:38 AM »
He didn't deserve the kidney anyway...  It's common practice to reject drug addicts as candidates for organ transplant.
A

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 08:35:10 AM »
If they went back to his posts on this board where he admitted to accidentally taking 1000x the dose of Thyroid drugs resulting in huge stress on the body and drastic weight loss then the doctors could have a hell of an argument.

It's sad that he died but he took a lot of risks and there's no saying he wouldn't have died regardless at that point. A doctor shouldn't lose his job because Luke Wood took a lot of drugs to compete in a contest which caused his problems and he was trying to help him.

This is true but after Enzo do we even know if it was really Luke Wood who posted here?

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 08:39:23 AM »
I think that Luke knew that he destroyed himself.

How does his family not understand that fact?

bingo,i dont care what anyone says when a parent has got a son who is super huge im pretty sure steroids have crossed there minds afew times,why didnt they try to talk to him then,before all that stuff happened? maybe they did who knows
R

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 08:42:55 AM »
Luke was a great getbigger.  He could mix it up with the best of them!

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 10:00:46 AM »
smells like bullshit.

Whi doses t3 or t4 in mg instead of mcg? I mean how the fuck does that happen?

Research chem websites and UG labs, I have to shake my heads at people buying non HG t3 , I'm sure bubba in his basement accurately dosed your liquid t3 with his $30 food scale

That aside that much t3 would probably feel like a concentrated 24 hour crack bender so I don't see how he could have done that

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2014, 10:12:57 AM »
wait, wat?

How much t3 did he take?

That's what I heard too. He used milligrams (mg) instead of micrograms (mcg) in his dosages. Dunno what kind of crazy concentration liquids he was getting or if he chugged like a liter of the shit, so caveat emptor on this story.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2014, 10:57:59 AM »
This is what Milos quoted on his board re Luke as taking before the AC 08 show:

----

'2 tablets of 2.5 mg of T3 = 5 mg of T3 (which is: 5000 mcg of T3 - equivalent to 200 tablets of CYTOMEL per day!!!!!)

Add to this 2 tablets of 10 mg of T4 (or 20000 mcg of T4)...and you'll understand WHAT WAS GOING ON...'

----

So Milos said that Luke told him that he took the high doses accidentally, as he thought he was taking 2 x 25 mcg of T3 and 2 x 50/100 mcg of T4. He ended up taking mg (milligrams) instead of mcg (micrograms).

TBM

hahahahahahaha oh well, he wasnt going to find a cure for cancer anyway.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 11:06:36 AM »
Jarrod Hayne will end up like Luke Wood.

The Hayne Train will be making less stops than moosejays train.
P

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2014, 11:24:49 AM »
He certainly didn't look good at his last contest showing when he o/d'd on the t3.

I worked in a major public hospital in Brisbane for half a year. I can well imagine that it took someone forever to organise a CT scan when he was brought in. The fuckups that happened (at least at the PA hospital) were astounding.

Something I learned. In legal matters, hospitals have deep pockets and will go to great lengths to protect their doctors. I can understand Luke's family wanting to blame someone, but I'd be surprised if they get any closure from the hospital.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2014, 12:04:24 PM »
Has nothing to do with what he did in the past. Bottom line is there are too many sick people and not enough hospitals. I've seen it many many times. The only time that they will sometimes rush you into the ER ahead of people is if you are having chest pains. I've seen people laying on the floor in agony just waiting their turn.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2014, 12:07:53 PM »
I didn't know him personally , never met him but "apparently" he used diuretics year round (along with everything else) just to keep that freaky look going in the gym to impress others.
He had some major insecurity issues which unfortunately had a huge part in the kidney failure with the choices he made.

Still sad he passed away though but Simon is right with the below.

That explains a lot. Frankly, I don't like using them for 2 days every couple years for competitions. Twice a year for 2 days would be the max. The psychological issues obviously led to his downfall, but there is no shame in that. It's just too bad that he couldn't have recognized them and got help...RIP.

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2014, 12:29:09 PM »
Where theres blame theres a claim.  ::)

Guy wasnt a well man, he went into hospital for a life saving operation and it didnt work.
Now did the hospital deliberatly make a mess of the OP and kill him?
Of course not.
Were they negligent?
If its proved a surgeon or doctor cut corners in the op which caused his death then yes.

If they treated him like every other patient then fact is, he just died, his body was not healthy enough to survive the op.

People always want someone to blame.

This

The search for a scapegoat is the easiest of all hunting expeditions

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2014, 01:42:49 PM »
Reading the title i thought the family was going to prosecute our lad Milos.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2014, 01:50:24 PM »
Here's the truth...The truth is he was a shitty bodybuilder who finished last in nearly every top tier show he entered, abused an astronomical amount of drugs and he took a kidney from someone who actually needed it and could've lived a long and productive life if Luke hadn't cut the kidney line because someone at the kidney clinic was a closet schmoe.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2014, 02:50:16 PM »
The Hayne Train will be making less stops than moosejays train.

Maybe then he can go play for the Wallabies and win games by himself and show your precious All Blacks to be U/20 league players at best ;)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2014, 03:04:56 PM »
He was Munzered!

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2014, 03:06:16 PM »
family wants the truth?

Lol

the truth is he completely destroyed his internal organs abusing steroids.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2014, 03:27:12 PM »
family wants the truth?

Lol

the truth is he completely destroyed his internal organs abusing steroids.

They don't want THAT truth. They want the truth that leads to a hospital ponying up a few million bucks.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2014, 03:30:18 PM »
just another evidence most morons who use steroids have no real clue what they re doing with them until they start shiting blood.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2014, 03:37:01 PM »
just another evidence most morons who use steroids have no real clue what they re doing with them until they start shiting blood.
don't need much evidence to see that bbers are not of mensa material do you?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2014, 03:38:49 PM »
There is a case for claiming that the hospital were negligent sending him home when they themselves suspected his body might be rejecting the kidney. If they believed this was a distinct possibly, he should have been admitted immediately and kept under observation. This is no doubt the thing the family are asking questions about.

The silly things he did to his body to necessitate the need for the transplant would not be relevant as we are talking about his aftercare.

I am not saying I agree that there is a case for malpractice. I'm just saying what I think the real issue is.
O

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2014, 04:53:31 PM »
There is a case for claiming that the hospital were negligent sending him home when they themselves suspected his body might be rejecting the kidney. If they believed this was a distinct possibly, he should have been admitted immediately and kept under observation. This is no doubt the thing the family are asking questions about.

The silly things he did to his body to necessitate the need for the transplant would not be relevant as we are talking about his aftercare.

I am not saying I agree that there is a case for malpractice. I'm just saying what I think the real issue is.
Hi Eric Duncan!

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2014, 04:57:08 PM »
where's Milos?

shouldn't he be @ the inquest?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2014, 05:21:00 PM »
Luke was blessed to get a new organ and have a few more days of life.  The fact that he admitted to using steroids even after he got it says everything.  Like Derek Anthony, he didn't know when to quit so God made the decision for him
A

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2014, 05:22:32 PM »
truly darwinism/natural selection

this is how we evolve