Author Topic: Ebola is running rampant in Nigeria  (Read 9293 times)

Waller

• Getbig IV
Re: Ebola is running rampant in Nigeria
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 12:58:52 PM »

This whole tangent of it being airborne is so bizarrely irrelevant.

It's like finding a polar bear in your back yard and asking if it can fly.

Stupid retard fucking question.

Of course it can. How else would it get into my back yard?  ;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 01:01:08 PM »
The fuck do I have to be scared about, i live on sparsely populated island, and I'm well experienced spending vast amounts of time with out contact with other people.

Do you even know what your talking about?

Lol HIV is a joke compared to this. You can drink a liter of aids spit, and not catch aids. One drop of Ebola spit and your a dead man.

This whole tangent of it being airborne is so bizarrely irrelevant.

It's like finding a polar bear in your back yard and asking if it can fly.

Stupid retard fucking question.

The fact that you said catch aids indicates that you have no idea what you are talking about, AIDS is a state, defined by your CD4 count, which if lower then 200, is aids. Aids is caused by HIV a retro virus.

Airborne is irrelevant? no, it's the reason it's virulence is low.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2014, 01:01:28 PM »
Mutation to being airborne would likely result in a virus that is not very deadly. They did this in a lab with H1N1.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2014, 01:02:13 PM »
Mutation to being airborne would likely result in a virus that is not very deadly. They did this in a lab with H1N1.

Yes, the current virus I think is a mutant, it's kill rate is so much weaker then previous outbreaks.

tleilaxutank

• Getbig IV
  • If it feels good twitter it
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2014, 01:03:26 PM »
The fact that you said catch aids indicates that you have no idea what you are talking about, AIDS is a state, defined by your CD4 count, which if lower then 200, is aids. Aids is caused by HIV a retro virus.

If you can't catch it, then how do you get these aids?

MikMaq

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2014, 01:03:42 PM »

Stop trying to sound smart.

Your not. Shut the fuck up.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2014, 01:05:54 PM »
Stop trying to sound smart.

Your not. Shut the fuck up.

YOU'RE not, either.  ;D

MikMaq

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2014, 01:25:26 PM »
YOU'RE not, either.  ;D
But you can tell when I'm tring to sound smart, I inset tons of commas and punctations even where they don't belong there's a difference.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2014, 01:43:17 PM »
The whole Ebola issue is worth a good laugh. Not because of the possibility that this disease could mutate and spread quickly, but rather that the same people saying how this is a "non-issue" are also the ones telling us that "Global Climate Change" will kill us all in a few years :)

As far as how easily Ebola spreads, the jury will probably be out for a while. The last big killer disease resulted in the Pandemic of 1918-1919. Believe it or not, scientists are STILL trying to figure out how this relatively weak virus went ballistic:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080218172441.htm

According to the World Health Organization, Ebola can have a mortality rate as high as 70%. Contrast that to the 1918 flu that had a mortality rate of under 20%: http://www.influenzavirusnet.com/1918-flu-pandemic/mortality.html And still, over 20 million people died worldwide according to estimates.

Back then the population of the world was about 2 billion. A lot sparser than today's 8 billion. Add in the frequency of travel by jets and we have a whole new dynamic of disease vectoring.

So any thinking person would be incredibly cautious regarding this and similar diseases. But no, that's not what we are seeing. This is a political issue- how this is being handled makes the already weak presidency of Barack Obama look a lot weaker - and even more so, incredibly incompetent. So out of the woodwork come "closet experts" on epidemiology who are in fact apologists. Anything to prop up this failed president  and by extension, the inept CDC. Politics over people.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2014, 01:49:09 PM »
The whole Ebola issue is worth a good laugh. Not because of the possibility that this disease could mutate and spread quickly, but rather that the same people saying how this is a "non-issue" are also the ones telling us that "Global Climate Change" will kill us all in a few years :)

As far as how easily Ebola spreads, the jury will probably be out for a while. The last big killer disease resulted in the Pandemic of 1918-1919. Believe it or not, scientists are STILL trying to figure out how this relatively weak virus went ballistic:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080218172441.htm

According to the World Health Organization, Ebola can have a mortality rate as high as 70%. Contrast that to the 1918 flu that had a mortality rate of under 20%: http://www.influenzavirusnet.com/1918-flu-pandemic/mortality.html And still, over 20 million people died worldwide according to estimates.

Back then the population of the world was about 2 billion. A lot sparser than today's 8 billion. Add in the frequency of travel by jets and we have a whole new dynamic of disease vectoring.

So any thinking person would be incredibly cautious regarding this and similar diseases. But no, that's not what we are seeing. This is a political issue- how this is being handled makes the already weak presidency of Barack Obama look a lot weaker - and even more so, incredibly incompetent. So out of the woodwork come "closet experts" on epidemiology who are in fact apologists. Anything to prop up this failed president  and by extension, the inept CDC. Politics over people.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Fantastic post.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2014, 02:21:40 PM »
Are you fucking stupid, with your imbred stupid fucking logic, its better to make money returning old liquor bottles than to have a job. Because in theory you have to wait three weeks to get a paycheck.

Ebola will kill millions in the next twelve months,

DO YOURSELF A FUCKING FAVOR AND LEARN SOME BASIC FUCKING MATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan- Febuary- March- April June JULY AUGUST SEPTEMBER OCTOBER NOVEMBER DECEMBer
1        2           4        8     16   32     64         128            256         512          1024

1000    2000    4000   8000 16000 3200  6400   128000      256000     512000     1024000

This is what happens when somethine doubles every month.

Remember on my chart were in month april. year 2

are you fucking with us here

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2014, 02:27:02 PM »

According to The Economist, ebola cases in Liberia are doubling every 3 weeks and in the capital Monrovia they are doubling every 2 weeks.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2014, 02:27:47 PM »
According to The Economist, ebola cases in Liberia are doubling every 3 weeks and in the capital Monrovia they are doubling every 2 weeks.
Nigeria?

MikMaq

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2014, 02:31:15 PM »
I don't even know anymore more, one minute i was like, the next EBOLA!!!

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2014, 02:49:37 PM »
Just like when "Roots" first ran in the 70s and thousands of kids were christened "Kunta Kinte" (boys) and "Cunta Cintaytay" (girls) somewhere in Detroit, Chicago, LA and other innershitty areas girl babies are being named, "Ebola".

Boys will receive the more masculine version, "Ebolo". 

The libtard press is overjoyed.

;D

Dammit!  I am going to hades now...

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2014, 03:46:36 PM »
Nigeria?

Same region. Ebola does not stop at a country's borders.

Nigeria's index patient had been caring for a family member in Liberia who died from Ebola on July 8. Despite having been hospitalized in the Liberian capital Monrovia with fever and Ebola symptoms on July 17, he left medical care (against advice) and three days later took a commercial flight to Nigeria via Togo. After landing he collapsed at the Lagos airport and was taken to the hospital.  

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-did-nigeria-quash-its-ebola-outbreak-so-quickly/ 

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2014, 03:49:05 PM »
Are you fucking stupid, with your imbred stupid fucking logic, its better to make money returning old liquor bottles than to have a job. Because in theory you have to wait three weeks to get a paycheck.

DO YOURSELF A FUCKING FAVOR AND LEARN SOME BASIC FUCKING MATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1        2           4        8     16   32     64         128            256         512          1024

1000    2000    4000   8000 16000 3200  6400   128000      256000     512000     1024000

retard.

MikMaq

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2014, 03:51:23 PM »
retard.

The fuck, you disagree with what I'm saying? Or are you just trying to be your pisspot self?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2014, 03:51:46 PM »
has anyone used the Unlimited DNA cheat in Plague, Inc?   quite fun!

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2014, 03:53:32 PM »

In 12 months ebola won't be an issue anymore, and I'm going to quote this post and make a thread about it. Just to make you feel stupid.

MikMaq

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2014, 03:56:43 PM »
In 12 months ebola won't be an issue anymore, and I'm going to quote this post and make a thread about it. Just to make you feel stupid.
Alright be sure to quote the one I made three months ago, and how the figures match exactly what I predicted, almosts to the point it looks like the WHO is doctoring their numbers.

Cause quite fucking honestly I want to be wrong on this.

We should start seeing fall out from last weekends raids by end of the weekend.

What kills me is that everyone is afraid to speculate on the whole thing.

The reality is this virus has been on an exponential growth curve for months now, with zero sign that things are slowing down.

Predicting 50 k cases by start of 2015 isnt at all surprising.

Really shows human nature given a direct threat people are unable to get past that its a slowl but consistently growing problem.

Note the date, note how 50 k is almost exactly what we expect by  christmas.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2014, 04:07:20 PM »
I haven't heard of any hookers with huge tits contracting Ebola. I think it might be a good idea to spend more time with hookers with huge tits- they appear to be immune from the virus.
a

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »
A lot of Global "spray" Dimming has been reported in Africa over the past few months...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2014, 04:18:38 PM »

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_world_/2014/10/15/nigeria_and_senegal_on_the_verge_of_being_declared_ebola_free_can_we_learn.html

The success these countries had in containing the outbreak is going to prompt some discussion of what lessons can be learned for other places fighting Ebola. The Financial Times attributes Nigeria’s achievement to a “rare national effort that saw the Lagos state government, federal institutions, the private sector, and global non-governmental organizations all pulling in the same direction to defeat the disease.” That national effort included a presidential decree that gave officials access to phone records and a strict system to monitor potential cases, one that involved tracking down more than 800 people who may have had contact with the infected.

But arguably, Nigeria didn’t actually do a very impressive job. A single Liberian man, who traveled to Nigeria in July, infected 11 hospital staff in the time between his admission to a hospital and when his test results were received. There might have been more infections if not for a doctors’ strike that reduced the number of people who came in contact with him. One doctor told the New York Times, “At the time, nobody was prepared for it.”

The advantage Nigeria had was that its outbreak began with this one man, who was immediately taken from the airport to a clinic, at a time when Ebola was already a crisis. By contrast, international agencies and authorities in the three countries at the epicenter of the outbreak—Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone—didn’t wake up to the severity of the disease until dozens were already infected.
A

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2014, 06:27:13 PM »
If you can't catch it, then how do you get these aids?

Aids is a syndrome, a comglomerate of symptoms. HIV is a virus that causes this, there is some literature showing non hiv aids, however I am unsure if that was rebutted.

Its how magic has hiv but is not sick.