Author Topic: 23 y.o. 1000lbs squat  (Read 34837 times)

AmonRa

Re: 23 y.o. 1000lbs squat
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2014, 11:10:51 PM »

Looks 40 years old. What is the point?

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2014, 11:18:57 PM »

AmonRa

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2014, 01:19:34 AM »
Hmm, not sure, perhaps to develop preternatural strength and win world records?

Another guy obsessed with the facial features of a guy squatting half a ton.

Once again, what is the point of this masturbation?

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2014, 01:53:27 AM »
What you see in that video is a direct result from countless hours of hard work, learning from your prior mistakes and dedicating yourself to something that would mentally cripple the average joe on a daily basis. Anyone who's ever hit a meaningful physically milestone is going to of had quite the journey getting there. Though I suppose if you're content with using weight typically thrown around in high school gyms and only training to look good in a t-shirt a size to small come the weekends you wouldn't be able to understand,

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2014, 06:06:06 AM »
What you see in that video is a direct result from countless hours of hard work, learning from your prior mistakes and dedicating yourself to something that would mentally cripple the average joe on a daily basis. Anyone who's ever hit a meaningful physically milestone is going to of had quite the journey getting there. Though I suppose if you're content with using weight typically thrown around in high school gyms and only training to look good in a t-shirt a size to small come the weekends you wouldn't be able to understand,

In this case, I don't understand. Guys who powerlift to this extreme end up with serious joint problems, muscle tears, herniated disks, etc... I'd rather live into my 70s(who knows?) with a good physique, intact joints and untorn muscles.
Even Ronnie, who is considered one of the best bbers ever trained like a powerlifter and look at him now: hip replacement, wheelchair, and canes  :'(
Oh well, we all have different goals, and if its your goal to be able to lift half a ton, then more power to you. If your goal is to have a pussy-pulling physique, more power to you. Just know that you always pay the price in the end, whether its a broken down body from heavy weights or the mental problems once your physique starts to regress and you can't do anything about it.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2014, 07:33:19 AM »
I attribute Oly lifters having big quads to genetics. Let me explain.

If you take 1000 random people off the street of all different races, body structures, heights, etc... and line them up to choose the best swimmers. There will be about 100 which will be phenomenal swimmers with training, and the rest will be mediocre at best. Why? Because those 100 will have long limbs, tall and have the lung capacity for holding their breath and moving their muscles for a prolonged period of time. A guy who's 5'2 with stubby arms and legs has a snowball's chance in hell "swimming" his way to a swimmer's build (long limbs, long torso, etc...). My mom signed me up for basketball and swimming when I was in elementary school in hopes I would grow taller in the future  ::) She saw that basketball players and swimmers were tall and figured they were tall because they play the sport, not the fact that they play the sport BECAUSE they're tall and are built for it.

So when people say "look at oly lifters and their huge legs, it must be because they're doing clean and jerks and snatches" I say that the reason they're good at clean and jerks and snatches (with heavy weights) is because they were built for it.
you are right to an extent but missing my point

i'm gonna stop making these squat posts because people always miss my point it goes right over their heads

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2014, 07:35:00 AM »
Un-fucking-believable.

A 23-yr old freak squats 1001lbs (not to mention making 805lb look like it was 135lbs) and the majority of ppl here are concerned with his facial features and overall looks.
whats your point?

you think people in the real world give a damn about numbers in an exercise nobody cares about?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2014, 07:40:01 AM »
Paul Anderson, a real tank of a man.

Thanks.
He was awesome - unreal legs.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2014, 08:14:36 AM »
Why do you bother even posting on the thread then. Maybe because you'd like to do the same thing or that this guy is getting some recognition you don't. Nobody gives a shit about any of this but that guy put in the work. I go to meets all over the country, some with 20 people and some with the best lifters. The shit is fun...the drive to get better is fun. Why be average
L

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2014, 08:22:22 AM »

Should have put that effort towards something useful, like an education or a career.  Instead he's turned himself into an bloated homunculus. 

I bet when he's a 40 year old cripple with no money and a failing heart, he'll remember his record and think "Yeah I've lived a good life" ::)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2014, 08:31:37 AM »
Is the power lifting subculture as seedy as bodybuilding? Powerlifters seem to really like touching each other before and after an impressive lift.

AmonRa

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »
As small as the bodybuilding subculture is, the powerlifting one is much, much smaller. The ability to lift a lot of weight in 3 random events has zero crossover appeal to the general public. At least everyone can appreciate, theoretically, wanting to look good.

Weightlifting has some credibility due to its inclusion in the Olympics and the fact that the bar is being lifted overhead by a single person (without a lot of fat guys standing around grabbing on to him or her). Weightlifting is still an Olympic sport, right?

This is true. That's why people like Ed Coan, Jim Wndler, Dave Tate, Kirk Karwoski... feel so bitter.

Nobody cares about powerlifting which is not an actual problem. The problem is that those guys want to be treated like Gods and they don't get it and get mad.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2014, 11:27:02 AM »
This is true. That's why people like Ed Coan, Jim Wndler, Dave Tate, Kirk Karwoski... feel so bitter.

Nobody cares about powerlifting which is not an actual problem. The problem is that those guys want to be treated like Gods and they don't get it and get mad.

I was unaware that they're bitter about anything. Tate has done well....Ed Coan is considered a god within the sport...Kirk may not be a household name but his intensity and ability under the bar are second to none. Its powerlifting not the NFL. However the average joe and train and try a meet. Nobody is going to laugh him off a stage for trying.
L

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2014, 11:47:41 AM »
ALL DRUGS

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2014, 01:10:59 PM »
What's your point? You think anyone really cares about your pipe cleaner arms and Ronnie Coleman in the real world?

Thing is, on this forum things like squatting 1001lbs should matter regardless of whether the face reflects the age.
hilarious ;D

AmonRa

« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2014, 02:19:34 PM »
I was unaware that they're bitter about anything. Tate has done well....Ed Coan is considered a god within the sport...Kirk may not be a household name but his intensity and ability under the bar are second to none. Its powerlifting not the NFL. However the average joe and train and try a meet. Nobody is going to laugh him off a stage for trying.

They are bitter because nobody cares that they eated like pigs for 30 years, injected steroids and used gear to lift barbell. They all feel like they deserve millions.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2014, 02:32:00 PM »
If you have even had 1000 lbs on your shoulders, it's bone crushing. I tried partials with that once, or twice, in a rack of the pins. That was enough, moving it 2 or 3 inches was painful enough. ANYONE who can full squat that has my respect. Nicely done.

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2014, 05:00:36 PM »
Should have put that effort towards something useful, like an education or a career.  Instead he's turned himself into an bloated homunculus. 

I bet when he's a 40 year old cripple with no money and a failing heart, he'll remember his record and think "Yeah I've lived a good life" ::)

Yeah I'm sure when he's 40 and is able to honestly tell his kids that he was/is the best in the entire world at something he will really begin to reflect on his life's choices. Powerlifting may not by mainstream but many can and have made respectable revenue from it. Think Louie Simmoms, Jim Wendler, Brandon Lilly, Mark Bell etc. The Lillibridge family is powerlifting, I'm more than certain he can succeed where others in this market have. As far as being a cripple, well that's the price you pay for not having had sit on your ass all your life. Maybe you would rather him be like the typical man and grow old while never knowing what his body could have been truly capable of.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2014, 05:18:29 PM »
Is the power lifting subculture as seedy as bodybuilding? Powerlifters seem to really like touching each other before and after an impressive lift.

Negative.  I have competed extensively in both sports.  Powerlifting has plenty of odd stuff happening but the creepy factor is minimal.
a

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2014, 05:45:47 PM »
This thread is full of such epic fail.

a) Anyone who believes Paul Anderson squatted a "legal" 1200 pounds is a 'tard. There is ZERO evidence of any such feat. Man was a bull, no doubt, but the claims are ridiculous.

b) The squatter in the OT isn't remotely "fat". If you believe him to be, you are seriously delusional/ignorant. Is he puffy and red? Sure. Fat? No.

c) If you think his wheels appear untrained, again, you're delusional/ignorant. The guy is proportional and weighs around 300 pounds. Standing next to him, the average competitive bodybuilder would appear small and frail.

Eric is performing at staggering levels these days at an incredibly young age. The question is, can he last? He is massively gifted for strength and has his training nailed down tight, but he also is using an obvious boatload of drugs ... I fear his body might not survive what he's currently doing, at such a young age.

P.S. That (failed) second rep with 1,001 pounds could have injured him to an extent that could have ended his lifting career. Yikes.   

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2014, 05:47:14 PM »
Once again, what is the point of this masturbation?

Okay, with your logic, what is the point of, oh, anything?

Stop being such a tool. Your Fear of Inferiority is showing.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2014, 08:57:09 PM »
anyone who believes paul anderson could squat 1200 probably also believes that sri chinmoy can press 7,000lb with one arm.

Or that Perry Rader once had flowing blonde locks.

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2014, 03:42:06 AM »
900lbs deadlift

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2014, 04:42:43 AM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2014, 05:29:46 AM »
Un-fucking-believable.

A 23-yr old freak squats 1001lbs (not to mention making 805lb look like it was 135lbs) and the majority of ppl here are concerned with his facial features and overall looks.

x2 gayer than multiculturalism