Author Topic: How to deal with batshit crazy parents?  (Read 13753 times)

kevthekid

• Getbig III
How to deal with batshit crazy parents?
« on: October 21, 2014, 04:26:32 PM »
I'm moving out over winter break at the end of my college semester and going to florida in January with my friend. My parents are the cheapest, craziest, religious, psychotic parents I've ever met in my life. They put a tracker on my car, they cancel my phone because  they can't "see my grades online" even though I bring my tests home and show them on paper, they call the police on me and told them that I hit them and my mom actually bit herself and told the police officer that I did it, which caused me to go get arrested and sent to juvenile detention twice during highschool (once senior year and once junior year). They stalk me on all social media, they call my friends and threaten to call the police on them if they don't tell them if I do something bad, they threaten to kick me out every single day, my mom was making me pay her 50 dollars a week for just living at home and a whole bunch of other shit. So my question is, how in the fuck do I deal with them until January when hopefully I can get the fuck out of this shit hole and never have to see or talk to them again? I'm currently a full time student and just recently quit my job but am getting hired within the next week by another place.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
Re: How to deal with batshit crazy parents?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 04:39:25 PM »
You need to start by beating the shit out of both of them.  Then set some ground rules.  If they don't want to play ball, tell the cops they molested you as a child.  That should teach them a lesson.   :-\

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 04:42:50 PM »
You need to start by beating the shit out of both of them.  Then set some ground rules.  If they don't want to play ball, tell the cops they molested you as a child.  That should teach them a lesson.   :-\

This DEFINATELY wouldnt even work even if I considered it....The same cops come to my house every single time and they side with my parents every time and if I say one word out of place...."put your hands behind your back" I've gotten arrested plenty of times just because my parents claim i hit them and the cops believe them every time.....it's bullshit I can't even say a word in this house without those motherfuckers threatening to call the police...I really don't know what to do anymore if I can't move out by January I'll most likely just jump off a god damn building and kill myself

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 06:27:42 PM »
I'm moving out over winter break at the end of my college semester and going to florida in January with my friend. My parents are the cheapest, craziest, religious, psychotic parents I've ever met in my life. They put a tracker on my car, they cancel my phone because  they can't "see my grades online" even though I bring my tests home and show them on paper, they call the police on me and told them that I hit them and my mom actually bit herself and told the police officer that I did it, which caused me to go get arrested and sent to juvenile detention twice during highschool (once senior year and once junior year). They stalk me on all social media, they call my friends and threaten to call the police on them if they don't tell them if I do something bad, they threaten to kick me out every single day, my mom was making me pay her 50 dollars a week for just living at home and a whole bunch of other shit. So my question is, how in the fuck do I deal with them until January when hopefully I can get the fuck out of this shit hole and never have to see or talk to them again? I'm currently a full time student and just recently quit my job but am getting hired within the next week by another place.
Joon is on desperate measures now after his dad cut him of.

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 06:36:55 PM »
Joon is on desperate measures now after his dad cut him of.

I've never been "cut off" I've always worked for everything except the house I live in, the food I eat, and the car I drive to school work gym back home. I always buy my own clothes, pay for my own stuff like school etc. And of course I won't be taking the car with me to florida....I already have enough money to move out but I'm waiting for my friend to finish his semester.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 06:42:49 PM »
just burn the house down.

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 06:46:21 PM »
I need a serious answer because I am going fucking crazy in this houSe

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 07:32:12 PM »
I need a serious answer because I am going fucking crazy in this houSe
just leave- You are free to go!
Stay with a chick or friend

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 07:42:34 PM »
I've never been "cut off" I've always worked for everything except the house I live in, the food I eat, and the car I drive to school work gym back home. I always buy my own clothes, pay for my own stuff like school etc. And of course I won't be taking the car with me to florida....I already have enough money to move out but I'm waiting for my friend to finish his semester.
Hold up a bank. If you succeed  you have enough money to never deal with your dad.
If not you have a place all  taken care of, incl.3meals. Best part is its far a way from your Parents.
Its also a new career option as well

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 07:49:31 PM »
Hold up a bank. If you succeed  you have enough money to never deal with your dad.
If not you have a place all  taken care of, incl.3meals. Best part is its far a way from your Parents.
Its also a new career option as well

The thing is, my friend is studying abroad right now and won't be back until right before Christmas, and he is ready to go to so my plan is to find a cheap motel and stay there for about a week till we sign a contract for an apartment, get a gym membership, find jobs etc. So we have about between christmas and the end of January to get the hell out of here, and itd be much easier relocating to a different state with a friend rather than alone plus saving more money for the next 3 months won't hurt

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 07:54:06 PM »

When I was still in high school, I came to the conclusion that my parents, mainly my mom, were just too hard to live with. Not as "bat shit crazy" as your parents are, but still pretty dysfunctional. My stepdad was afraid of my mom, so he'd side with her even when she was acting completely nuts. It was me against them. I moved out.

The first time I left, I was sixteen. I had a job and an apartment and that's about it. Finding time to keep up with my studies was challenging, but I felt so much more relaxed and at peace in my own place. Unfortunately, folks under the age of 18 were considered minors and there was no such thing as emancipation laws back then. I was stopped one evening by the cops for being out after curfew, which in those days was 10:00 p.m.  I had to either move home or live with someone over 21 years old. I moved home for 6 months.

On my 18th birthday, I gave myself a birthday present....freedom! I rented an apartment in Santa Monica, CA and moved in on my birthday. I never lived with my parents again. We got along great after I moved out.

When I was 38 years old, my stepdad died. On his deathbed, he asked me to take care of my mom. She moved to Oregon, living the last three years of her life with my wife, family and me. All those years later, she was still a neurotic character and an occasional pain in the ass. Her living with us was no picnic. I loved my mom. I still miss her after all this time. I am glad that she isn't living with us any longer.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2014, 03:14:39 AM »
My parents were saboteurs. 
Especially my mother.    My siblings had all estranged themselves from them, and so, they never wanted me to move out or away.  They would silence the telephone bell so I couldn't hear it ring.  (So I wouldn't talk to potential employers when they called)  Sometimes my mom would answer the phone and if it was a potential job, she would tell them, "stop calling, that I already had a job, and I would get into trouble"

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2014, 04:14:17 AM »
My parents were saboteurs. 
Especially my mother.    My siblings had all estranged themselves from them, and so, they never wanted me to move out or away.  They would silence the telephone bell so I couldn't hear it ring.  (So I wouldn't talk to potential employers when they called)  Sometimes my mom would answer the phone and if it was a potential job, she would tell them, "stop calling, that I already had a job, and I would get into trouble"
Not sure if serious :-\

Simple Simon

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2014, 04:15:58 AM »
I would like your parents version of events before I pass judgement.

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM »
I would like your parents version of events before I pass judgement.

They get mad because they don't want me to go out past 9pm which is my curfew at 19 years old, and whenever I leave the house they start a fight the next day

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2014, 05:54:18 AM »
Not sure if serious :-\

completely and totally...

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 11:41:24 AM »
They get mad because they don't want me to go out past 9pm which is my curfew at 19 years old, and whenever I leave the house they start a fight the next day

It is their house and their rules. If you don't like it quit whining on a message board and fucking move out. It is that simple. 9pm curfew at 19, seriously? Get off your ass, work more to make enough money to move out. They are not teaching you much in school are they?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 04:24:24 PM »

What is the legal curfew for a 19 year old where you live? Since 19 is considered an adult, I imagine there is no legal curfew for you. Your parents are too controlling. However, you live in their house and they can make up whatever rules they choose. Your choice it mainly to move out if you don't like their rules. If you live there, you are stuck either obeying the rules or suffering the consequences.

D-Cord

• Getbig II
  • ICD-10 code K62.2 sounds SO painful
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 06:16:34 PM »

Too bad you don't live in Queensland.  We have resources that could benefit you and your family.

http://www.copmi.net.au/get-help/help-programs-services.html

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 07:02:16 PM »

Post their name, home address, and telephone number here on Getbag after you move out.

Oh.....one more thing, your gimmick sucks moist ass through its teeth and you will ultimately die of Aids.

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 09:03:44 PM »
I think I'll just go with the "Ill tell the cops you molested me" idea

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2014, 09:20:39 PM »
I think I'll just go with the "Ill tell the cops you molested me" idea

If that true, then go for it. If it isn't don't do it. It could come back to haunt you. Filing false charges is a crime.

You are an adult. Your parents are no longer responsible for taking care of you. They could throw you out of their house anytime they want to. The fact that you still live there house is a gift, albeit one with a lot of strings attached, judging from what you've posted about your situation.

Instead of trying to get your parents to change to suit you, you should just get the heck out of their house as quickly as possible. You are acting as if they owe you something and they don't legally owe you squat at this point. Bottom line is you either put up with them being "bat shit crazy" or you vacant their premises pronto.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2014, 01:55:47 AM »
just leave- You are free to go!
Stay with a chick or friend

yes this, break free now and don't look back.

kevthekid

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2014, 06:31:01 AM »
If that true, then go for it. If it isn't don't do it. It could come back to haunt you. Filing false charges is a crime.

You are an adult. Your parents are no longer responsible for taking care of you. They could throw you out of their house anytime they want to. The fact that you still live there house is a gift, albeit one with a lot of strings attached, judging from what you've posted about your situation.

Instead of trying to get your parents to change to suit you, you should just get the heck out of their house as quickly as possible. You are acting as if they owe you something and they don't legally owe you squat at this point. Bottom line is you either put up with them being "bat shit crazy" or you vacant their premises pronto.

I was kidding, and I know I'm leaving as soon as my friend gets back

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2014, 06:36:19 AM »
Join the army....