Author Topic: Best Horror Movies  (Read 35552 times)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: Best Horror Movie
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 12:15:13 PM »
Holloween is my favorite of the more popular ones, I also like -

. You need to find the uncut version of this, it's super underrated.

I'll also watch Day of The Dead (my favorite of the Dead films) , and Creepshow 1 anytime they're on.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2014, 12:16:30 PM »
The only movie that gave me a sleepless night in the past 10 years and made me feel really, really uneasy for a couple of days was "Martyrs". French movie and not so well known, but this one really punches the shit outta you (and I was a grown man when I watched this). Don't even wanna think about that flick again :-\

Unrelenting, take it to the next level, watch at your own risk, don't say I didn't warn you horror, see "A Serbian Film".
lol U must be kidding. Serbian Film is a comedy. The producers were trying so hard and desperately to "push the envelope" it's just laughable and can't be taken serious for one second.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2014, 12:19:50 PM »
Same here...

I might watch Silverbullet tonight.

oh man i remember that movie now

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »
i used to watch this as a kid alot lol

Trailer

full movie

The Wrong Advices

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2014, 12:24:21 PM »
There is an underlying theme in all of Kubrick's movies, that is the forces governing and guiding this world. It's almost like he has a sense of duty revealing who they are and the religion they practice almost to a point of obsession. "The Shining One" is another name for Lucifer in ancient Hebrew. For those versed in the occult there are some scary scenes in The Shining that take the movie to another level.  Have a look at the shirt little Danny Torrance is wearing in the Overlook Hotel. "Apollo/Apollyon" is the Greek name for Abaddon, the spiritual being named as the destroyer in Christian theology. Remember, the priest of the household is responsible for permitting evil or good in the household. In the case of The Shining, the individual is Jack Torrance. The Overlook was built by the same people pulling the strings in the world today, the elite jet setters. We are given a glimpse into where they derive their power from in The Shining.

Danny was wearing an Apollo 11 shirt, because as everyone knows, Kubrick was involved in the faking of the moon landing.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 12:24:30 PM »
Chernobyl diaries is worth watching.
F

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2014, 12:26:40 PM »
a cross between Conan and Star wars  ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2014, 12:27:10 PM »
being this is getbig, hercules vs the giant grasshopper is worth a viewing., just won out iver that gordon scott movie hercules vs the floating garbage, which was a tv pilot in the mid 60's.
F

EastCoastChick

• Getbig III
  • How the f%@k do you post personal pics?
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2014, 12:28:20 PM »
The Exorcist, The Fog and The Shining scared the crap out of me as a kid. The exorcist really bothered me because I don't live too far from where it was filmed and my father worked in georgetown not too far from the steps blah blah blah...so its left a mark on me.

Salems Lot (a miniseries) scared the crap out of me too.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2014, 12:31:44 PM »
 "Fright night"

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2014, 12:58:57 PM »
Shining is the best, followed by The Exorcist and Hellraiser

Also some good ones are 30 Days of night, Warlock, Nosferatu and Dont look now

Ganuvanx

• Getbig II
  • There's somethin out there, and it ain't no man.
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2014, 01:11:40 PM »
Danny was wearing an Apollo 11 shirt, because as everyone knows, Kubrick was involved in the faking of the moon landing.

Correct, the same people pulling the strings. Kubrick was open about it. Eyes Wide Shut confirms.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2014, 01:17:45 PM »
Phantasm

kepler2008

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 01:31:54 PM »
Cube (1998)

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 01:50:28 PM »
Phantasm

Yep, a brutal classic from 1979.   8)
The terror fly in the box, tall man, the flying spheres... and not to forget all of Lee's family going all out to kill naive Americans.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2014, 01:57:33 PM »
lol U must be kidding. Serbian Film is a comedy. The producers were trying so hard and desperately to "push the envelope" it's just laughable and can't be taken serious for one second.

Agreed. Terrible movie. Almost laughable the way the producers clearly went all out to make it as "shocking" as possible. ::)
More a joke then a horror.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2014, 02:23:35 PM »
There is an underlying theme in all of Kubrick's movies, that is the forces governing and guiding this world. It's almost like he has a sense of duty revealing who they are and the religion they practice almost to a point of obsession. "The Shining One" is another name for Lucifer in ancient Hebrew. For those versed in the occult there are some scary scenes in The Shining that take the movie to another level.  Have a look at the shirt little Danny Torrance is wearing in the Overlook Hotel. "Apollo/Apollyon" is the Greek name for Abaddon, the spiritual being named as the destroyer in Christian theology. Remember, the priest of the household is responsible for permitting evil or good in the household. In the case of The Shining, the individual is Jack Torrance. The Overlook was built by the same people pulling the strings in the world today, the elite jet setters. We are given a glimpse into where they derive their power from in The Shining.

GREAT POST !!

Can't get into horror films myself due to some childhood trauma. But I do remember one series of films that still scare me to this day. And that's the " Hellraiser " series. :( Pinhead freaks me the fug out. :/

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2014, 02:35:28 PM »
this movie was really eerie, especially when the theme music played was creepy

X

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2014, 02:57:34 PM »
I know it's not considered a "Horror" movie, but the original Jaws movie scared the shit out of me the first time I saw it as a kid.

It was the reality that a creature like that really exists... AND it could be right next to you or underneath you while you're swimming only 50-100 yards from the beach.

IMO, the greatest movie poster image in history...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2014, 02:59:00 PM »

Did you borrow this from Room 237 or should we just add it to the list?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_237

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2014, 03:01:20 PM »
anyone seen this?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2014, 03:19:28 PM »
anyone seen this?

Yeah, the whole movie was pretty lame except for one scene, and that didn't shock me, it rather pissed me off big time! That was the scene where they killed the giant turtle, as it was no special effect, they really killed the animals back then on camera in that f*ed up cannibal movies from the 70s (animal snuff scenes) as they had no money for the special effects. ::)

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2014, 03:24:34 PM »
It's a Halloween tradition for my GF and I to watch Dark Night of the Scarecrow.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2014, 04:10:12 PM »
Yeah, the whole movie was pretty lame except for one scene, and that didn't shock me, it rather pissed me off big time! That was the scene where they killed the giant turtle, as it was no special effect, they really killed the animals back then on camera in that f*ed up cannibal movies from the 70s (animal snuff scenes) as they had no money for the special effects. ::)

I haven't seen it myself but I did see the scene where they come upon the impaled girl and wholly shit that looks too real.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2014, 04:12:25 PM »
This is one of the creepiest movies I've seen recently.