Author Topic: Any Good Cooks in Here?  (Read 2813 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: Any Good Cooks in Here?
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2014, 07:56:05 AM »
I can bake my grandmothers {pip :'(} awesome Christmas cookies 8)

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2014, 10:15:44 AM »
I do a fair amount of cooking - I'm a big eater.

I've never had any formal training, just lots of basic stuff with a little creativity thrown in. I'm a big meat eater - like lots of beef, some pork, and a little chicken here and there. I'm big on seasonings, herbs, sauces, hot peppers, condiments, etc. Not big on sugary or sweet stuff. I have to reduce the amount of spices and seasonings I put in by at least half if I'm cooking for others.

Barbecue / grilling, roasts, Tex-Mex, and Italian style dishes are favorites. Grill steaks and burgers at least once a week. Barbecue / slow smoke meats like pulled pork and brisket 1-2 times a month on the weekend because it takes far more time and attention than grilling.
A

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2014, 12:09:44 PM »

I can't cook but I can BBQ.

my signature dish is burgers. hard to find a good burg on a BBQ.

funny it's not just the taste of the food I enjoy it's the process. heating up the wood charcoal drinking coronas the smoke. awesome.
b

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2014, 12:19:42 PM »
I can bake my grandmothers {pip :'(} awesome Christmas cookies 8)

OP meant cocks in the thread title, not cooks!

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2014, 12:22:57 PM »
Society is all fucked up!

THe main reason we live and hava a brain is to go out hunt! Get food, prepare food, make food. Everything in life circle around food!

Every new day is a challenge! A workout. An adventure! Kill o be killed, find or not find. Stay hungry or get filled up.

Food today is so easy to get, and now we have like 12houers/Dag doing just stupid stuff that dosent really matter...

Cutlet767

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2014, 02:24:30 AM »
When you said "cook" I was thinking quality Tren

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2014, 02:38:25 AM »
I do a fair amount of cooking - I'm a big eater.

I've never had any formal training, just lots of basic stuff with a little creativity thrown in. I'm a big meat eater - like lots of beef, some pork, and a little chicken here and there. I'm big on seasonings, herbs, sauces, hot peppers, condiments, etc. Not big on sugary or sweet stuff. I have to reduce the amount of spices and seasonings I put in by at least half if I'm cooking for others.

Barbecue / grilling, roasts, Tex-Mex, and Italian style dishes are favorites. Grill steaks and burgers at least once a week. Barbecue / slow smoke meats like pulled pork and brisket 1-2 times a month on the weekend because it takes far more time and attention than grilling.

You can BBQ in the oven. Put the meat in at highest temp and then turn the heat down to 120-150c depending on how long you want to slow cook for. The initial blast of very hot air caremelises the rub and crisps up any skin on the meat. Won't be as smoky tho.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2014, 01:20:36 PM »
You can BBQ in the oven. Put the meat in at highest temp and then turn the heat down to 120-150c depending on how long you want to slow cook for. The initial blast of very hot air caremelises the rub and crisps up any skin on the meat. Won't be as smoky tho.

Yeah, I'll slow roast or bake meats in the oven sometimes. But the whole process of barbecuing & drinking... :D - plus the legit smoke flavor is hard to beat. I'll typically brine the meats overnight and put my homemade rub on them in the morning. I'll also usually inject the bigger pieces of meat like brisket and pork butt - generally a combo of garlic butter and apple juice with a little extra rub blended in. I'll use both coals and a blend of whiskey soaked wood chips dampened with enough H2O to keep them from flaring up.

I'll usually keep the smoker at around 275 F for a couple of hours with pork ribs, followed by a quick sear on the hot grill for a couple of minutes as I brush on a little vinegar / tomato based homemade sauce. I also baste the ribs every 15 mins or so during smoking, and usually end up smoking them in foil the last hour or so on the smoker... with a little more apple juice and garlic butter added in the foil wrap.

Brisket and pork butt are usually done at 225 F for about 1.5 hours or so per pound, until the meat thermometer gives me the right internal temp. I'll do the wrapping and juicing with these also, and usually end up putting the brisket point in a pan for a couple of hours extra until it's about to fall apart. This part of the brisket is great chopped up with the meat juice and some BBQ sauce and eaten on garlic buttered french bread as sandwiches.

I prefer not to use too much brown sugar, molasses, or honey in my rubs and sauces. I like savory and spicy rather than sweet so much.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2014, 01:49:58 PM »
Totally wrong order to do it.  I have avoided this thread because it annoys me and I will continue to after this post.