Author Topic: USA plays New Zealand at rugby this weekend  (Read 3281 times)

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: USA plays New Zealand at rugby this weekend
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2014, 02:50:31 PM »
Not sure what the fuck I'm watching but 43-6 at halftime. Jeebus USA sucks or NZ is just really good.

We have been the best rugby team forever.
As someone who watches every all black game, it was noticeable that they were on cruise control the whole time. Didn't want to embarrass the US too much I guess  :D
P

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2014, 03:35:03 PM »
Is that Vince Basile on the right?

;D

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2014, 04:08:24 PM »
Not sure what the fuck I'm watching but 43-6 at halftime. Jeebus USA sucks or NZ is just really good.

I love American NFL and watch every Sunday... but rugby is my true love.  You just need to understand the basic rules of the game (scrums, rucks, mauls, line-outs, etc) to appreciate the game.

It is growing in the US.... but in New Zealand it is a religion and that's why they are the World Champs.

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2014, 04:26:38 PM »
I love American NFL and watch every Sunday... but rugby is my true love.  You just need to understand the basic rules of the game (scrums, rucks, mauls, line-outs, etc) to appreciate the game.

It is growing in the US.... but in New Zealand it is a religion and that's why they are the World Champs.

I'm with you on this.  As much as I love the NFL I feel I have a deeper connection to a game I can play on Saturdays with teammates vs being solely an observer on Sunday.

The game today was brutal but most American fans came out to see NZ as much as the US boys.

NZ is so fluid with passing and drawing defenders in and then off loading...it was awesome to watch!

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2014, 07:12:24 PM »
I'm with you on this.  As much as I love the NFL I feel I have a deeper connection to a game I can play on Saturdays with teammates vs being solely an observer on Sunday.

The game today was brutal but most American fans came out to see NZ as much as the US boys.

NZ is so fluid with passing and drawing defenders in and then off loading...it was awesome to watch!

Was that NZ or Somoa playing?  They've got a ton of ringers on that team for sure!

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2014, 07:53:43 PM »
Bit of both. It's the top sport in one country and barely in the top 10 in the other.

you would still expect much more from a country with more than 300 million people against country with 4.5 million people. A country where NFL is a top sport which is not too different from rugby.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2014, 08:16:45 PM »
Was that NZ or Somoa playing?  They've got a ton of ringers on that team for sure!

Of the 1,150 players that have ever put on the black jersey, only 50 were born outside NZ.

Hope this helps.
P

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2014, 08:33:25 PM »

you would still expect much more from a country with more than 300 million people against country with 4.5 million people. A country where NFL is a top sport which is not too different from rugby.

We grow up with football, hockey, baseball, basketball and many other sports and honestly I had never heard of rugby until I attended West Point and there was a club team.

catracho

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2014, 08:49:26 PM »
Of the 1,150 players that have ever put on the black jersey, only 50 were born outside NZ.

Hope this helps.
No, it doesn't help unless  Faumuina,Mealamu, Piutau, Pulu, Tuipulotu are common names in NZ.  There's like 10 Samoans on that team.  As soon as you open their home page, 3 of the five guys are Samoan. lol, RINGERS!    I guess that's what the the US should do, import some Samoans.  I write them an email. ;D

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2014, 09:20:28 PM »
No, it doesn't help unless  Faumuina,Mealamu, Piutau, Pulu, Tuipulotu are common names in NZ.  There's like 10 Samoans on that team.  As soon as you open their home page, 3 of the five guys are Samoan. lol, RINGERS!    I guess that's what the the US should do, import some Samoans.  I write them an email. ;D

They are common names. There are more samoans in NZ than in Samoa.
The players you mention were educated in NZ, everything that they learnt about rugby was in NZ.
P

catracho

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2014, 09:27:15 PM »
They are common names. There are more samoans in NZ than in Samoa.
The players you mention were educated in NZ, everything they they learnt about rugby was in NZ.

Than I guess it does help.   ;D

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2014, 11:53:38 PM »
Is that Vince Basile on the right?

Who's the young boy?  :-X

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2014, 12:42:20 AM »
We grow up with football, hockey, baseball, basketball and many other sports and honestly I had never heard of rugby until I attended West Point and there was a club team.

Luckily my high school had a pretty strong program but it's usually introduced at the college level

East coast and west coast (Utah as well) are strongholds for usa rugby