Author Topic: Getting old sucks  (Read 41819 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: Getting old sucks
« Reply #75 on: November 01, 2014, 02:28:25 PM »
And you have proven yourself that you know little about anti-aging science.

Just as I thought.

You have no idea of how much I know. I can discuss with real scientists of biochemistry/mollecular biology at quite a decent level and you show me this bullshit? Bitch please..

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #76 on: November 01, 2014, 02:30:35 PM »
Lol.. geez... you better not go this way as you already show that you are completely clueless.

I've stopped reading after "”. Dr Shchepinov’s theory is based on deuterium, a naturally-occurring isotope, or form of hydrogen, that strengthens the bonds in between and around the body’s cells, making them less vulnerable to attack ".

- there's (almost) no benefit of having antionxidants BETWEEN and AROUND the cells as the main and most sensitive part of cells that is attacked and damaged most (and is most important to a whole cell cycle and it's longevity) is mitochondria. There are some experimental antioxidants that bring free ions right to the nucleus of a cell, but still at an experimental phase and it's not the answer for all the questions.
 Building a good protection for mitochondria would probably make a 60 yo to a 40yo tho' in some regards, but drinking "heay water"is a snake oil bullshit.
Yes, you know more than Dr. Shchepinov.   ::)   Fucking moron.

https://www.michaeljfox.org/foundation/researchers.php?id=920

Mikhail Shchepinov, PhD

Co-Founding Chief Scientific Officer at Retrotope, Inc.

Since 2006, Dr. Mikhail S. Shchepinov has been the co-founding Chief Scientific Officer of Retrotope, Inc., and is Principal Investigator on this Retrotope Rapid Response Award. Born in Moscow, USSR, Dr. Shchepinov received his MS in chemistry and biotechnology from the Mendeleev Institute of Chemical Technology, Moscow, and a PhD in bioorganic chemistry from the Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, Moscow, in 1994. He completed postdoctoral research in the Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, UK, from 1995‰ÛÒ2000, focusing on the areas of DNA chip technology, combinatorial chemistry, fluorescence, dendrimers, and surface chemistry. From 2000 to 2001, Dr. Shchepinov was a scientist at Sequenom, Inc; San Diego, CA working on methods of high throughput DNA analysis, DNA chemistry, genomics, surface chemistry, and mass-spectrometry. Thereafter, he was director of chemistry at HK Pharmaceuticals, Inc; San Diego, CA., working on mass spectrometry analysis in proteomics, protein chemistry, and protein/peptide/antibody arrays. He then returned to the UK to become director of Tridend Technologies, (a spin-off from Oxford University, UK) from 2002 to 2006, working further in genomics, proteomics, mass-tags, and mass-spectrometry analysis of biochemical markers of oxidative stress. At Retrotope (www.retrotope.com); Dr. Shchepinov has focused on the use of stabilizing isotopes as a fortification of essential nutrients to protect against diseases of aging and age-related oxidative stress

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2014, 02:31:08 PM »
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/bies.20681/abstract
Do “heavy” eaters live longer?

Abstract

A new hypothesis is put forward, linking cellular endurance with dietary consumption of stable heavy isotopes. Due to the isotope effect, biomolecules that incorporate heavier isotopes give rise to more stable molecular structures with increased resistance to damages associated with aging and age-related disease. The inclusion of heavy isotopes might be either active (selection for heavier isotopes) or passive (incorporation reflecting the existing abundance). The hypothesis links consumption of foods relatively rich in heavy isotopes (such as 13C and D, derived from C4-plants), especially at the early stages of the organism's development, with enhanced longevity. Implications of diets and intestinal microflora are also discussed. BioEssays 29:1247–1256, 2007. © 2007 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.

These isotopes can't pass the barriers to get to the mitochondrial DNA (which is a SEPAATE DNA from our "regular" one). end of discussion on this regard.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2014, 02:32:21 PM »

These isotopes can't pass the barriers to get to the mitochondrial DNA (which is a SEPAATE DNA from our "regular" one). end of discussion on this regard.
You can`t even spell correctly.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2014, 02:34:26 PM »

Whats this?   Aubrey de Grey thinks its a good idea:

Dr de Grey, a 'bio-gerontologist' who leads the Methuselah Foundation, a charity which aims for 'the defeat of age-related disease and the indefinite extension of the healthy human lifespan', said the research was 'extremely promising'.

He said deuterium existed in all living matter at a certain level and it was a case of introducing it in a 'more targeted manner'. There was no radiation involved, he added.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2014, 02:34:38 PM »
You can`t even spell correctly.

I can, when I have to, for an official occassion, but I don't strive to when I have not (as En is not my native lang.).

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2014, 02:39:01 PM »
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070326095742.htm

Meat And Two Neutrons: The Key To A Longer Life

Source:
Society of Chemical Industry
Summary:

Eating meat enhanced with isotopes could add as much as 10 years to your life. Scientists have shown for the first time that food enriched with natural isotopes builds bodily components that are more resistant to the processes of aging. The concept has been demonstrated in worms and researchers hope that the same concept can help extend human life and reduce the risk of cancer and other diseases of ageing.
Share This

Indulging in an isotope-enhanced steak or chicken fillet every now and again could add as much as 10 years to your life. Scientists have shown for the first time that food enriched with natural isotopes builds bodily components that are more resistant to the processes of ageing. The concept has been demonstrated in worms and researchers hope that the same concept can help extend human life and reduce the risk of cancer and other diseases of ageing, reports Marina Murphy in Chemistry & Industry, the magazine of the SCI.
Related Articles

A team led by Mikhail Shchepinov, formerly of Oxford University, fed nematode worms nutrients reinforced with natural isotopes (naturally occurring atomic variations of elements). In initial experiments, worms' life spans were extended by 10%, which, with humans expected to routinely coast close to the centenary, could add a further 10 years to human life.

Food enhanced with isotopes is thought to produce bodily constituents and DNA more resistant to detrimental processes, like free radical attack. The isotopes replace atoms in susceptible bonds making these bonds stronger. 'Because these bonds are so much more stable, it should be possible to slow down the process of oxidation and ageing,' Shchepinov says.

The isotopes could be used in animal feed so that humans could get the "age-defying" isotopes indirectly in steaks or chicken fillets, for example, rather than eating chemically enhanced products themselves. Shchepinov says an occasional top-up would be sufficient to have a beneficial effect.

Ageing experts are impressed with the isotopic approach. Aubrey de Grey, the Cambridge-based gerontologist, says it could be very relevant to the rates of several chemical and enzymatic processes relevant to ageing 'It is a highly novel idea,' he says. 'But it remains to be seen whether it can be the source of practicable therapies, but it is a prospect that certainly cannot be ruled out.'

Charles Cantor, a professor of biomechanical engineering at Boston University, said: 'Preliminary data indicates that this approach can potentially increase lifespan without adverse side effects. If this is borne out by further experiments the implications are profound.'

Isotopes could also be used in pet food or as a means to protect workers or soldiers from radiation. Deuterium, a natural isotope of hydrogen (with 2 protons rather than one) could be used routinely.

Previous successes in extending lifespan have involved withdrawing food to the point of near starvation, a process called caloric restriction.

Story Source:

The above story is based on materials provided by Society of Chemical Industry. Note: Materials may be edited for content and length.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2014, 02:45:35 PM »
Whats this?   Aubrey de Grey thinks its a good idea:

Dr de Grey, a 'bio-gerontologist' who leads the Methuselah Foundation, a charity which aims for 'the defeat of age-related disease and the indefinite extension of the healthy human lifespan', said the research was 'extremely promising'.

He said deuterium existed in all living matter at a certain level and it was a case of introducing it in a 'more targeted manner'. There was no radiation involved, he added.

He probably meant "If it would be prepared so the mitochondria would be reached" or smth like that. Isotopes or anything else - good, as long as they wouls accomplish the ttask. And Aubrey would support any efforts on doing that.

The point is - you started by your participation in a genome project, like it's a base for your knowledge, and later on started posting dailymail articles, wtf?

You have no idea what are you talking about, and if you try to ridicule Aubrey or Ray, be at least somewhat educated on a matter (but you would not in that case, as you'd start to understand just HOW feasible it is with the right money and effort).

BTW - results of isotopes are very poor even by worms and fruit flies standarts (on a mammals it would probably not make any difference. And you can bet I'd like to be different.). But that's not the point in this case.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2014, 02:46:50 PM »
BTW - I will search for more info on isotopes. If it's possible (but somewhy I suspect it is not) to safely add these to ones diet - why not.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2014, 02:51:32 PM »
Goes back to as far as http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/health/food-atoms-could-lengthen-lives-986063 (for this science it's quite long as the information pace about new findings is moving at a speed of light) 2007. They probably have figured out later on that it's not the intracellular enviroment that needs the antioxidants the most to have any serious impact.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #85 on: November 01, 2014, 02:54:41 PM »
To put it simply - if you'd manage the way to put these antioxidants right into your cell nucleus - you'd experience some serious regeneration effects. And there ARE some experimental stuff currenty, some of that people are even trying as we speak. Time will show.
 Stem cell replacement interests me more as that's a lot more serious regeneration potential in a long term. You can basically take a 70yo and "turn" him to a 40yo (or even 20yo) just by the help of that. Well, theoretically.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2014, 02:55:03 PM »
He probably meant "If it would be prepared so the mitochondria would be reached" or smth like that. Isotopes or anything else - good, as long as they wouls accomplish the ttask. And Aubrey would support any efforts on doing that.

The point is - you started by your participation in a genome project, like it's a base for your knowledge, and later on started posting dailymail articles, wtf?

You have no idea what are you talking about, and if you try to ridicule Aubrey or Ray, be at least somewhat educated on a matter (but you would not in that case, as you'd start to understand just HOW feasible it is with the right money and effort).

BTW - results of isotopes are very poor even by worms and fruit flies standarts (on a mammals it would probably not make any difference. And you can bet I'd like to be different.). But that's not the point in this case.
Ridicule de Grey?  I support everything he does and is trying to do.

I would rather ridicule you who thinks that it would be a certainty that aging will be cured in 20-30 years and will be accessible on a large scale when the reality is we can`t even get citizens basic health care.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2014, 02:56:37 PM »
Goes back to as far as http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/health/food-atoms-could-lengthen-lives-986063 (for this science it's quite long as the information pace about new findings is moving at a speed of light) 2007. They probably have figured out later on that it's not the intracellular enviroment that needs the antioxidants the most to have any serious impact.
Moore`s law does not always apply to clinical trials.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2014, 03:07:31 PM »
Ridicule de Grey?  I support everything he does and is trying to do.

I would rather ridicule you who thinks that it would be a certainty that aging will be cured in 20-30 years and will be accessible on a large scale when the reality is we can`t even get citizens basic health care.  

Well thats the issue - the paradigm must change so we could start SAVING money instead of wasting it on trying to "cure cancer". That's my main motivation to even discuss this matter on a board like this. My wish (as of these scientists too) is that more (even general) public would know about a real prospect of bringing a lot more quality to their miserable existence.

Moore`s law does not always apply to clinical trials.

But ot does to informational technologies and bio sciences are becoming informational technology science too. Recently they managed to find some kind of a mollecule for some kind of a job to do (can't remember) by trying it's virtual models in hundreds of millions of combinations (like that project of protein folding game). It took a few months to find many matches, while it would have took a thousand years just 10-20 years ago (or something along the lines). The magnitude of speeding up is HUUUGE, just most people are not aware of this. There's no way to keep up with the latest research already, not for an individual, not for a group of individuals. Thats where the AI (even if somewhat "primitive" ) is slowly, but surely comming to help (IBMs Watson for ex.).

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2014, 05:07:59 PM »

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2014, 08:50:04 PM »
None of this shit matters if you can't stop oxidation inside the mitochondria which is now possible.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2014, 07:59:08 AM »
x2.  The world is 99% insufferable and then you lose the remaining 1%.  This passing of time business is for the birds.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2014, 08:11:13 AM »
To put it simply - if you'd manage the way to put these antioxidants right into your cell nucleus - you'd experience some serious regeneration effects. And there ARE some experimental stuff currenty, some of that people are even trying as we speak. Time will show.
 Stem cell replacement interests me more as that's a lot more serious regeneration potential in a long term. You can basically take a 70yo and "turn" him to a 40yo (or even 20yo) just by the help of that. Well, theoretically.

Lovely, then u can hook up on older ladies 50-60 when their brain have become normal and u can talk to them rasily. Give the pill and then u got a bombastic 25 year old look! Fantastic! No comdome no pullout! Lovely!

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2014, 06:34:16 AM »
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-11-04/scientists-reverse-ageing-process-in-mice/5865714

How about this?

These of you who ridicule me today will shut the fuck up 20-30 years down the road, mark my words.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2014, 06:35:20 AM »
Lovely, then u can hook up on older ladies 50-60 when their brain have become normal and u can talk to them rasily. Give the pill and then u got a bombastic 25 year old look! Fantastic! No comdome no pullout! Lovely!

Lol...hold your horses, they will become fertile once again.

Cutlet767

• Getbig III
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2014, 06:40:59 AM »
Getting old and having nothing to show for it is what REALLY sucks.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2014, 06:45:59 AM »
Getting old and having nothing to show for it is what REALLY sucks.

yes i agree, ive lost alot of things in my life but most of it was due to me trying to help everyone out and i ended up with nothing. last yr i gave away 3 giant bags of sweat clothes to homeless people and last night im screaming cause i cant find nothing to wear for the winter. i been doing that all my life and granted i do own my own home and have a car thats paid off,  other than that im trying my best to make it in life
R

Simple Simon

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2014, 07:10:35 AM »
Booze and cigarettes age you faster than anything else.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2014, 07:25:46 AM »
DO U FANCY ANY LIQUOR?

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2014, 07:38:40 AM »

This is the believed method of action of C60oo, the compound Baati used to make rats live significantly longer. Many users at Longecity are taking it and report amazing anti-aging results.

Basically, mixing c-10 in oild makes it able to penetrate the cell and scavenge ROS right at the mitochondria.

Maybe it is just snake oil, who knows, but the experiment is being replicated. 

Enough evidence to make me a beliver: not yet but still I think we are on to something.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0142961212003237

http://www.longecity.org/forum/forum/415-c60health/