Author Topic: At least Voters got one thing right- NO to GMO labeling.  (Read 6792 times)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: At least Voters got one thing right- NO to GMO labeling.
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2014, 01:11:02 PM »
California had this on the ballot last election and it got shot down.  What bothers me is the measure to ensure Doctors are drug tested got voted down.  What the fuck!  Don't people want sober doctors?

I believe they shot this down because they would probably lose 1/4 of the doctors in the State. Or any State who had this. So many Doctors and nurses are using assorted drugs...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2014, 01:19:35 PM »
I believe they shot this down because they would probably lose 1/4 of the doctors in the State. Or any State who had this. So many Doctors and nurses are using assorted drugs...
Really because the cost of labeling would be shift to the consumers. 

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2014, 01:25:50 PM »

It wasn't just that, it had like three parts and that was just one part.  One of the other parts was boosting the max malpractice award from like 250k to 1.1million.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2014, 01:35:53 PM »
It wasn't just that, it had like three parts and that was just one part.  One of the other parts was boosting the max malpractice award from like 250k to 1.1million.
Now that I would support.  Doctors are the second leading cause of death, (could be the first in some studies) due to misdiagnosis, wrong medication, wrong surgery, wrong care provided.  250,000 is not enough in my opinion when it comes to malpractice. 

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2014, 01:44:34 PM »
Looks like its not going to pass in Colorado and Oregon.
Finally Science and Evidence prevails!

Why is the restriction of information a good thing?  Nobody's stopping people who choose to eat it...it's people who don't want to eat who lose.  Why should GMO products not be forced to compete in the market place?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2014, 02:00:30 PM »
Why is the restriction of information a good thing?  Nobody's stopping people who choose to eat it...it's people who don't want to eat who lose.  Why should GMO products not be forced to compete in the market place?
Its pointless information.  Companies can choose to label them if the want to or not.  Why should they be forced especially when there is zero scientific evidence prompting the necessity to do so?  Why not require other harmless labels then such as food coloring free or carrot juice free?  See how stupid all of it is?

Labeling something implies that if its labeled, it must be bad. 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2014, 02:28:32 PM »
Its pointless information.  Companies can choose to label them if the want to or not.  Why should they be forced especially when there is zero scientific evidence prompting the necessity to do so?  Why not require other harmless labels then such as food coloring free or carrot juice free?  See how stupid all of it is?

x2

Genetic engineering of our food supply has actually greatly improved global health.

I'm not sure why so many simple-minded people who dispute this, it's quite clear.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2014, 04:50:27 PM »
There’s no scientific evidence that GMOs pose health risks.  Zero.

http://www.popsci.com/article/science/core-truths-10-common-gmo-claims-debunked

and 20 years later people will drop down dead like flies..
T

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2014, 04:53:55 PM »
and 20 years later people will drop down dead like flies..
From what and how?

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2014, 05:23:42 PM »
From what and how?

probably AIDS due to continued phaggotry ... nothing to do with GMO
~

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2014, 05:25:18 PM »
probably AIDS due to continued phaggotry ... nothing to do with GMO
ROFLMAO YES!

Perhaps that is why they want it labeled.  A secret code in the grocery store kind of like foot tapping in the bathroom stall.

Now it all makes sense.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2014, 05:36:24 PM »

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2014, 05:49:57 PM »
Its pointless information.  Companies can choose to label them if the want to or not.  Why should they be forced especially when there is zero scientific evidence prompting the necessity to do so?  Why not require other harmless labels then such as food coloring free or carrot juice free?  See how stupid all of it is?

It's not pointless information.  It's information that large numbers of people want to have...and obviously food companies are afraid to put out.  Labels contain all sorts of information about what's in the product because society has decided that information is pertinent to people's choice of products and they've crafted laws that require companies to disclose that information  Is that "bad"?  If it is, tough shit, that's the rules of the market place.  

Whether people's fears of GMO seems moronic to you is irrelevant.  Once you decide you know what's in the best interest of other people the next step is to use force to exert your authority and those people's freedom's are diminished.  Intelligent people should be kicking down the walls of the prisons people are in...not bullying them in.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2014, 05:56:56 PM »
Looks like its not going to pass in Colorado and Oregon.
Finally Science and Evidence prevails!

Monsanto lobbyists and propagandists win again. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2014, 05:58:51 PM »
It's not pointless information.  It's information that large numbers of people want to have...and obviously food companies are afraid to put out.  Labels contain all sorts of information about what's in the product because society has decided that information is pertinent to people's choice of products and they've crafted laws that require companies to disclose that information  Is that "bad"?  If it is, tough shit, that's the rules of the market place.  

Whether people's fears of GMO seems moronic to you is irrelevant.  Once you decide you know what's in the best interest of other people the next step is to use force to exert your authority and those people's freedom's are diminished.  Intelligent people should be kicking down the walls of the prisons people are in...not bullying them in.

1. It is pointless because there is no point to label it.  There is zero evidence of any danger and it says absolutely nothing about the product.  
2. What on our current labels is unnecessary but required?  I see nothing on the current label that supports your claim.
3. You are trying to use force by law to make companies put meaningless and unfounded and pointless information on products that will only cost consumers more, regardless of GMOs or not and for what a notion not based on any science or evidence.  May as well require food labels to state they don`t contain any Jesus in them.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2014, 06:00:04 PM »
Monsanto lobbyists and propagandists win again. 
The only propaganda is from complete morons like you who argue not based in evidence or scientific fact, but fear, myth and bullshit.  Looks like the propagandists lost actually.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2014, 06:08:39 PM »
Really because the cost of labeling would be shift to the consumers. 

Cost of labelling?

Foods are already labelled. We need labelling for colors, preservatives - are you against those too?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2014, 06:09:54 PM »
Cost of labelling?

Foods are already labelled. We need labelling for colors, preservatives - are you against those too?
Those are ingredients.  A GMO is not an ingredient.  I support food labels that disclose ingredients.  I fail to see the analogy here.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2014, 06:11:03 PM »
There’s no scientific evidence that GMOs pose health risks.  Zero.

http://www.popsci.com/article/science/core-truths-10-common-gmo-claims-debunked

And there is no evidence to prove they don't pose health risks. Give it time, i'm going to bet they're more likely to do bad than good.

I really think it should be incumbent upon you, to be as precise as you possibly can.  

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2014, 06:11:28 PM »
Those are ingredients.  A GMO is not an ingredient.  I support food labels that disclose ingredients.  I fail to see the analogy here.

he means, what does it matter? Adding a line of text to a label doesnt cost anything.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2014, 06:17:11 PM »
Cost of labelling?

Plenty of studies out there that calculate the cost:

http://dyson.cornell.edu/people/profiles/docs/LabelingNY.pdf
That midpoint annual estimate is $800 for a family of four, or $ 3.9 billion statewide.

Labeling though has real costs attributable to
more expensive ingredients and the process of maintaining
product identity and the labeling
process itself, among others.
and
will be paid for largely by
food consumers in the mandatory labeling states.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2014, 06:17:58 PM »
Why waste time
A classic"discussion"
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2014, 06:19:29 PM »
In other words, GMO labeling would cost the consumer around 800 dollars at the midpoint to in the thousands in a 4 family household.

That is WAY more than the mandatory health insurance in the Affordable Health Care Act and way more money than a lot of things.

All for what?  Something based on zero evidence and zero science and tells absolutely nothing about a product.

Don`t be morons.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2014, 06:22:13 PM »
he means, what does it matter? Adding a line of text to a label doesnt cost anything.
Not true at all. Its a lot more involved than that. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2014, 06:27:10 PM »
Adonis u wastin time my boy we waste time because we lack ability to break from natures ways final warning
A