Author Topic: ObamaCare Architect cites "stupidity of Americans" for lack of transparency  (Read 25589 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

me commenting on this would mean i would have to comment everytime politics bait and switch. I was silent on the WMD bait and switch that affected millions of Americans for the most part as i remain silent on this horseshit. Ive always said...on this board.. that obamacare sucks and it should have been a shit or get off the pot thing. Universal healthcare for all has always been my stance as i hate to see other Americans suffer for profit. Its sickening.

What looks like push back from me is when we have some members of this board omitting facts to preach a political ideal. That totally sucks

If that's the case then why did you ask Soul Crusher for proof of his claim that 99 percent of liberals are communists at heart?  Why do you care about that source and not the fact your government thinks you are stupid and admitted lying to you? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
If that's the case then why did you ask Soul Crusher for proof of his claim that 99 percent of liberals are communists at heart?  Why do you care about that source and not the fact your government thinks you are stupid and admitted lying to you? 

Now this is you attempting to prioritize for me? I would like him to back up his claim as it involves numbers and has to be based on Something.

I dont care about the Govt lying because thats what goverment does...it lies.. This isnt the first lie of the government that affected millions, its just the one you give a shit about as it supports your "obama and dems suck mantra". Inconsistancy at its best to be honest. As the WMDs (or lack there of) didnt make a blip on your radar as it forces you to call repubs and Bush a liar and blah blah....

Not speaking of you per se, but to those that actually subscribe to the "us vs them" politics of the day, that in the history of America, has gotten nothing done but comfort those poor souls that lack self confidence as well as self actualization and need to "belong" to something that gives them a clear directive and set of thoughts and ideals behind.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Now this is you attempting to prioritize for me? I would like him to back up his claim as it involves numbers and has to be based on Something.

I dont care about the Govt lying because thats what goverment does...it lies.. This isnt the first lie of the government that affected millions, its just the one you give a shit about as it supports your "obama and dems suck mantra". Inconsistancy at its best to be honest. As the WMDs (or lack there of) didnt make a blip on your radar as it forces you to call repubs and Bush a liar and blah blah....

Not speaking of you per se, but to those that actually subscribe to the "us vs them" politics of the day, that in the history of America, has gotten nothing done but comfort those poor souls that lack self confidence as well as self actualization and need to "belong" to something that gives them a clear directive and set of thoughts and ideals behind.

Yet you still support Obama - you = FAIL FAIl FAIL 

Shame on you

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Yet you still support Obama - you = FAIL FAIl FAIL 

Shame on you

says who?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Not at all. Just asking a question because you contradicted yourself.  

I don't have an "Obama and dems suck mantra."  I mean they do suck, but I just call things as I see them.  I don't need to call anyone out on WMDs, because Republicans and Democrats, from Clinton through Bush, all believed and sold the same thing.  We have beaten that to death here.  But that has absolutely nothing to do with the lies told to pass Obamacare.  

The fact people ignore this and repeatedly take it up the tailpipe is precisely why things like this keep happening.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Not at all. Just asking a question because you contradicted yourself.  

I don't have an "Obama and dems suck mantra."  I mean they do suck, but I just call things as I see them.  I don't need to call anyone out on WMDs, because Republicans and Democrats, from Clinton through Bush, all believed and sold the same thing.  We have beaten that to death here.  But that has absolutely nothing to do with the lies told to pass Obamacare.  

The fact people ignore this and repeatedly take it up the tailpipe is precisely why things like this keep happening.  

1. I didnt contradict myself, you made a leap and a false equivalent to me understanding the well known fact that the govt lies and asking 333 for proof of a statement.
2. WMDs and Obamacare are both examples of lies from the government. Not the first or the last

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
1. I didnt contradict myself, you made a leap and a false equivalent to me understanding the well known fact that the govt lies and asking 333 for proof of a statement.
2. WMDs and Obamacare are both examples of lies from the government. Not the first or the last
Actually, they did find WMD, but kept it quiet.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/us-casualties-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html?_r=0

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2014/10/16/new-york-times-reports-wmd-found-in-iraq

Do Reports of WMD Found in Iraq Vindicate George W. Bush?
WMD were found in Iraq but does it matter?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Actually, they did find WMD, but kept it quiet.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/us-casualties-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html?_r=0

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2014/10/16/new-york-times-reports-wmd-found-in-iraq

Do Reports of WMD Found in Iraq Vindicate George W. Bush?
WMD were found in Iraq but does it matter?

Didnt check these links but im sure theyre valid if your posting them. With the information known at the time, There were no WMDs found which is why the objective of the invasion was altered from WMDs to Iraqi freedom.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

1.  You said "me commenting on this would mean i would have to comment every time politics bait and switch."  That was right after you asked SC for proof that 99 percent of liberals are communists at heart.  So maybe I stand corrected:  you don't want to comment when your government lies to you, but when you think an internet stranger lies about something, you're all over it.  Perhaps that isn't inconsistent (I think it is), but it is sort of twisted.  

2.  WMDs are not an example of lies from the government.  The way Obamacare was sold absolutely is.  But even if we assume both were lies, one doesn't justify the other.  Neither moral equivalency (which is what you are doing) nor ignoring them (which is what you are also doing by your own admission) helps.  I'm not saying you are personally responsible for the government lying about Obamacare, but this plugging of the ears by people when it happens, repeatedly, gives those folks license to keep doing it.  There really is no accountability.  Unless a conservative tells a lie or makes a mistake, then the MSM is all over it.      

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
1.  You said "me commenting on this would mean i would have to comment every time politics bait and switch."  That was right after you asked SC for proof that 99 percent of liberals are communists at heart.  So maybe I stand corrected:  you don't want to comment when your government lies to you, but when you think an internet stranger lies about something, you're all over it.  Perhaps that isn't inconsistent (I think it is), but it is sort of twisted.  

2.  WMDs are not an example of lies from the government.  The Obamacare was sold absolutely is.  But even if we assume both were lies, one doesn't justify the other.  Neither moral equivalency (which is what you are doing) nor ignoring them (which is what you are also doing by your own admission) helps.  I'm not saying you are personally responsible for the government lying about Obamacare, but this plugging of the ears by people when it happens, repeatedly, gives those folks license to keep doing it.  There really is no accountability.  Unless a conservative tells a lie or makes a mistake, then the MSM is all over it.      

Again.. i assume the government lies...a lot... which is why commenting on it is a waste of keystrokes. The govt lied to write soooooooo many lies its not funny. From slavery, to prohibition to drugs. Govt lies, laws are passed, and people are affected.

So its neither here nor there for me. I would be here all day listing shit the govt did.

Now me asking 333 for proof of the 99% is just wanting proof

the lies of the government follows this pattern,
Govt makes Claim as reason for a law-evidence supporting claim is presented- new evidence refuting claim is presented-exposing old evidence as a lie or doctored-Lie confirmed.
So what more is there to say if you already understand the government lies.

ok heres a comment "aww bro thats fucked up..the government lied....like they always do, like i expected"

Me asking 3333 for proof is only in the "evidence supporting claim" stage

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Again.. i assume the government lies...a lot... which is why commenting on it is a waste of keystrokes. The govt lied to write soooooooo many lies its not funny. From slavery, to prohibition to drugs. Govt lies, laws are passed, and people are affected.

So its neither here nor there for me. I would be here all day listing shit the govt did.

Govt makes Claim as reason for a law-evidence supporting claim is presented- new evidence refuting claim is presented-exposing old evidence as a lie or doctored-Lie confirmed.

ok heres a comment "aww bro thats fucked up..the government lied....like they always do, like i expected"

Don't you think the public and the media enable government to keep lying when we don't hold them accountable? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Hey fool -  you voted for o-Kenya 2x over -  Good job idiot.    The pos you defended lied to you many times and you still worship him - great job moron.  Serious - takes a special type of stupid to be like you.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Don't you think the public and the media enable government to keep lying when we don't hold them accountable? 

Ah haaaa now were moving on... very good...

Holding the government accountable when the lies on one side are high lighted and on the other side silenced....and vice versa, depending on which party youre affiliated.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Ah haaaa now were moving on... very good...

Holding the government accountable when the lies on one side are high lighted and on the other side silenced....and vice versa, depending on which party youre affiliated.

Except that doesn't happen, unless you're talking about how misconduct by liberals is often buried, while every mistake, dumb comment, typo, etc. by a conservative is above the fold news? 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Except that doesn't happen, unless you're talking about how misconduct by liberals is often buried, while every mistake, dumb comment, typo, etc. by a conservative is above the fold news? 

lol...so youre saying conservatives are the truthful ones and the lies are only on the liberal side?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
lol...so youre saying conservatives are the truthful ones and the lies are only on the liberal side?

No.  I'm saying dishonesty by liberals is buried and dishonesty AND trivial matters are put on blast when a conservative is involved. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

STFU - the ACA is now proven to be based on lies by the assholes YOU VOTED FOR and yet - you still defend it -  typical left wing nonsense 

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
No.  I'm saying dishonesty by liberals is buried and dishonesty AND trivial matters are put on blast when a conservative is involved. 

and im saying its not..

one side blasts the other side when its dishonest..
There is no disputing that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
and im saying its not..

one side blasts the other side when its dishonest..
There is no disputing that.

The facts don't agree with you.  You know that the MSM puts conservatives on blast over everything, from big mistakes to stupid stuff.  By and large, that doesn't happen with liberals. 

This particular subject is a prime example.  I just posted a story where a liberal acknowledges the fact it is not getting coverage, but would be plastered all over the place if a conservative was involved.

Mika Admits: If Gruber Were Republican, MSM 'Would Be Exploding'
By Mark Finkelstein | November 12, 2014

Kudos to Mika Brzezinski for admitting the truth: if Jonathan Gruber were a Republican, the MSM "would be exploding."  Instead, noted Mika on today's Morning Joe, the MSM has been silent on the Gruber story, with only conservative sites [ed.: notably including Newsbusters] covering it.

Mika contrasted the current quietness on the MSM-Gruber front with the media "firestorm" that erupted when David Stockman made his infamous allegations about Reagonomics.

Howard Dean claimed the story "isn't a big deal," sniffing off Gruber as a mere "consultant."  Jon Meacham airily asserted that "you could spend a whole academic career studying why certain moments go viral." But then he gave away the game, admitting that the Stockman story fit "what the left-of-center press wanted to believe." Precisely.  And since the MSM ardently doesn't want to believe the Gruber story, or let the American people learn, about it, they've done their best to bury the story.

MIKA BRZEZINSKI:  This Obamacare story, which I saw yesterday and I'm surprised it didn't emerge . . . It's an interesting dynamic. This broke yesterday [ed. NewsBusters was reporting it four days ago], we kind of, were trying to get to it. Nobody covered it except for some right-wing outlets. Had this been a Republican, what do you think would have happened?

MIKE BARNICLE: Well, he is, this century's version of David Stockman, who was Ronald Reagan's original budget director. In 1981, in an extensive magazine piece in the old Atlantic magazine by Bill Greider, former Washington Post editor, David Stockman sat down with him. He was Reagan's budget director, sat down with Bill Greider for many, many times, to explain the budget. And he said, basically, none of us really understands what any of these numbers are all about, the federal budget.

BRZEZINSKI: [facetiously] So let me guess, nobody dealt with it, right?

BARNICLE: President Reagan had no idea what those numbers were all about.

BRZEZINSKI: Just a few left-wing bloggers brought it up, right? It wasn't covered? I think there was a huge firestorm, I believe.

HOWARD DEAN:  There was.

BRZEZINSKI: Exactly, that's my point!

HOWARD DEAN: David Stockman was the Director of the Office of Management and Budget. This guy is a consultant. So it's a slightly different --

BRZEZINSKI: Well, he's one of the architects, is he not?

DEAN: Ehhh, it's not entirely clear.

BRZEZINSKI: You can't define him as an architect of Obamacare?

DEAN: He likes to think he was one of the architects. He did play a significant role as a consultant.  But he's a consultant, not the architect.

. . .

BRZEZINSKI: First of all, I was wondering why nobody jumped all over this, although we did at MSNBC--Ronan interviewed him. Meacham, is it fair to make a parallel to the huge firestorm after Stockman--we talked about this first hour--David Stockman, during the Reagan era, undermining Reagan's policies, and that we're just sort of not, except here, I don't know, I don't see it in the papers.

JON MEACHAM: You can spend a whole academic career studying why certain moments, we would now say went viral, and some don't. What often happens, I think the conventional explanation is, if something affirms a prevailing narrative, it tends to stick. So Stockman back in '81, '82 was saying the emperor has no clothes in terms of Reaganomics. That was what the left-of-center press wanted to believe. And so I think it probably made more of a difference.

. . .

BRZEZINSKI: That was a huge gaffe, right? We can all agree on that. I do think had it been a Republican, the media would be exploding.

DEAN: I think there's a big stature gaffe between the office, the Director of the OMB and a consultant for the -- that's why it's not a big deal.

BRZEZINSKI: Okay, that's fair.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2014/11/12/mika-admits-if-gruber-were-republican-msm-would-be-exploding#sthash.swLAfPc6.dpuf

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
The facts don't agree with you.  You know that the MSM puts conservatives on blast over everything, from big mistakes to stupid stuff.  By and large, that doesn't happen with liberals. 

This particular subject is a prime example.  I just posted a story where a liberal acknowledges the fact it is not getting coverage, but would be plastered all over the place if a conservative was involved.

so...An opinion by A guy = facts...

like i said... liberal fuck ups are covered by conservative outlets
conservative fucks are covered by liberal outlets.

Please dont tell me youre disputing that?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

A left wing loser lies = you still defend it

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

It's actually a she, who happens to be a liberal.  And It's not an opinion.  It's a fact.  There are a plethora of examples in this thread:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=401076.0

Yes, conservative sites highlight mistakes by liberals, but I'm talking about the MSM:  CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, almost every major newspaper, and their websites.  They bury mistakes by liberals and highlight mistakes, however small, by conservatives.  This subject is an example, and I gave you proof of that fact.  You can read about numerous other instances in the thread I linked.  

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
A left wing loser lies = you still defend it
DAMN BRO!!!
thats awesome tell me more

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
DAMN BRO!!!
thats awesome tell me more

Here you ho libfag - eat it

Congrats on voting for and supporting this Kenyan pos fool

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/obamacare-2015-higher-costs-higher-penalties/

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
It's actually a she, who happens to be a liberal.  And It's not an opinion.  It's a fact.  There are a plethora of examples in this thread:  http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=401076.0

Yes, conservative sites highlight mistakes by liberals, but I'm talking about the MSM:  CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, almost every major newspaper, and their websites.  They bury mistakes by liberals and highlight mistakes, however small, by conservatives.  This subject is an example, and I gave you proof of that fact.  You can read about numerous other instances in the thread I linked.  

Whats the number 1 cable news network Fox right.
If there was a political category to place them in (as you did msnbc etc), Conservative or liberal, or fair and balanced?