Author Topic: Net Neutrality - Anyone disagree with this?  (Read 10072 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Net Neutrality - Anyone disagree with this?
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 12:08:30 AM »

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 12:16:46 AM »
Dont you pay for your cable monthly and that's that?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2014, 12:35:31 AM »
Dont you pay for your cable monthly and that's that?
Not if the Republicans have anything to do with it.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2014, 02:50:10 AM »
Here is whats at stake.

You like the internet the way it is and want to improve service with costs not going up for anyone or any site, you are with Obama and the Democrats and whoever else supports these regulations by the FCC.

or

You want to pay more for the internet, limit your ability to download at certain speeds, want a capped bandwidth, want limited access to sites, want more ads and a limited search engine all at higher costs, complete control goes to your ISP provider- you are with the Republicans and everything they wish to do. 

The Republicans are not hiding this at all.  They already voted in 2011 to end Net Neutrality.  They WILL do this.  There is no secret agenda, its not a conspiracy theory, its very real. 

There is no fence.  These are your choices.

::)

You really are a political rube.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2014, 02:51:20 AM »

Please do regale us with your vast knowledge of what "the republicans" are going to do to broadband. Let me guess, it'll be "racist"

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2014, 02:54:58 AM »
Please do regale us with your vast knowledge of what "the republicans" are going to do to broadband. Let me guess, it'll be "racist"
They aren`t hiding what they plan to do.  They voted to get rid of Net Neutrality in 2011 and passed it in the Republican House, vetoed by the Democrats in the Senate.

They are actively trying to do it again.  I thought you were involved in computers.  Someone like you should know this stuff, but I guess not.  All you need to know then is, if the Republicans get their way, our internet will be much worse than the way it already is.  You should really educate yourself on this.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2014, 03:01:08 AM »

Scary  >:(

Hope these contagious thoughts don't spread to Sweden

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2014, 03:01:42 AM »
They are actively trying to do it again.  I thought you were involved in computers.  Someone like you should know this stuff, but I guess not.  All you need to know then is, if the Republicans get their way, our internet will be much worse than the way it already is.  You should really educate yourself on this.

Oh, I have done quite a lot of actual research. Unlike you, who appears to take direction from the DCCC website.

A.) the "problem" that it is supposedly "solving" is unproven. Show me proof of throttling or censorship. Show me, not "I heard"

B.) airlines, telephone, utilities. Please tell me which one of these got a.) better and b.) cheaper with more federal regulation. I'll wait.

C.) nothing that the fedgov does is nonpartisan. My suspicion is that it is a thinly disgusted veil to actual censorship of political speech. Yes, it is my "suspicion" and unproven. That's the wonderful thing about The American political system, the very checks and balances favor inaction. And I support that.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2014, 03:14:14 AM »
Also, unsurprisingly, the largest, clunkiest, most vilified broadband provider supports Obama:

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/surprise-we-agree-with-the-presidents-principles-on-net-neutrality-reiterating-our-strong-support-for-the-open-internet

You should ask yourself why. But that would hurt your progressive brain, so I will answer it. The "why" is that Comcast is a big supporter of the democrat party and expects to be paid. The bogus "net neutrality" rules will effectively freeze the state of the industry in place, which is fine for a company like Comcast, who already is on top.

Look, it's fine to be a brainless mouthpiece for your party, but at least have the decency to be honest about it.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2014, 03:41:26 AM »
No, thanks Obama.

You can keep your "change" on this one as well.

No Deal!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2014, 03:45:06 AM »
Oh, I have done quite a lot of actual research. Unlike you, who appears to take direction from the DCCC website.

A.) the "problem" that it is supposedly "solving" is unproven. Show me proof of throttling or censorship. Show me, not "I heard"

B.) airlines, telephone, utilities. Please tell me which one of these got a.) better and b.) cheaper with more federal regulation. I'll wait.

C.) nothing that the fedgov does is nonpartisan. My suspicion is that it is a thinly disgusted veil to actual censorship of political speech. Yes, it is my "suspicion" and unproven. That's the wonderful thing about The American political system, the very checks and balances favor inaction. And I support that.
Uh, Netflix.
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/186576-verizon-caught-throttling-netflix-traffic-even-after-its-pays-for-more-bandwidth

I also lived in the test area where they tried to implement tiered internet-luckily Chuck Schumer and some other Democrats halted it IMMEDIATELY.  They were in place to do it, so yes, it can and will happen if left up to moron Republicans.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2014, 03:47:25 AM »
Also, unsurprisingly, the largest, clunkiest, most vilified broadband provider supports Obama:

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/surprise-we-agree-with-the-presidents-principles-on-net-neutrality-reiterating-our-strong-support-for-the-open-internet

You should ask yourself why. But that would hurt your progressive brain, so I will answer it. The "why" is that Comcast is a big supporter of the democrat party and expects to be paid. The bogus "net neutrality" rules will effectively freeze the state of the industry in place, which is fine for a company like Comcast, who already is on top.

Look, it's fine to be a brainless mouthpiece for your party, but at least have the decency to be honest about it.
You are the brainless mouthpiece, not I.  I don`t hold fast to any party.  You do.  I call it how I see it on all issues and use evidence and nothing else.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2014, 03:48:10 AM »
Uh, Netflix.
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/186576-verizon-caught-throttling-netflix-traffic-even-after-its-pays-for-more-bandwidth

I also lived in the test area where they tried to implement tiered internet-luckily Chuck Schumer and some other Democrats halted it IMMEDIATELY.  They were in place to do it, so yes, it can and will happen if left up to moron Republicans.

Oh no! Tiered plans? Where you actually pay for more Internet!? The HORROR. You must really despise capitalism. Look man, the Internet is not like air or freedom. It's a commodity that needs to be paid for. Sorry.

You have freedom of speech, so don't give me that bs. The government is not required to provide you with a megaphone or radio station to help you fully realize that freedom.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2014, 03:52:32 AM »
Oh no! Tiered plans? Where you actually pay for more Internet!? The HORROR. You must really despise capitalism. Look man, the Internet is not like air or freedom. It's a commodity that needs to be paid for. Sorry.

You have freedom of speech, so don't give me that bs. The government is not required to provide you with a megaphone or radio station to help you fully realize that freedom.
The creator of the World Wide Web thinks you are full of shit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2014, 03:55:36 AM »

Only a complete moron like you would readily want to pay more for less of an internet than  they currently have.  Have fun with your 50 website subscription and your 15 GB Bandwidth.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2014, 03:57:24 AM »

Well, you asked for an example and he gave you one.

If you are so against the concept of regulation that you prefer to have private companies controlling your internet access unabated, I suppose that's a matter of opinion.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2014, 03:58:09 AM »
The creator of the World Wide Web thinks you are full of shit.

I know Tim quite well. He's not all there on political matters.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2014, 04:00:32 AM »
TA right on the money with this one.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2014, 04:08:38 AM »
TA right on the money with this one.

Excellent analysis. Thanks for adding to TA's corpus of "knowledge" on this...

Speaking of Obama mouthpieces...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2014, 04:14:15 AM »

You don't get it do you.  Your provider can actually restrict competitor websites or slow their speed to your computer on purpose if there was no net neutrality.  Its about fair competition.  Comcast can set up a shitty Facebook type website and then block, slow, or place a ton of ads in front before going to the actual Facebook.  That's why its important to have it 
A

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2014, 04:23:29 AM »

You don't get it do you.  Your provider can actually restrict competitor websites or slow their speed to your computer on purpose if there was no net neutrality.  Its about fair competition.  Comcast can set up a shitty Facebook type website and then block, slow, or place a ton of ads in front before going to the actual Facebook.  That's why its important to have it 

Opinion discounted. Please come to the adult's room prepared the next time.

I will say this TA: I don't trust either party on anything. So I am watching this VERY carefully. Crony capitalism is a sickness on both sides of the aisle. Right now, the dems are the big largess recipient, but I will expect that to change. I may not fit the mold of an Occupy Wall St. guy, but a lot of their gripes have resonance.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2014, 04:34:05 AM »
Opinion discounted. Please come to the adult's room prepared the next time.

I will say this TA: I don't trust either party on anything. So I am watching this VERY carefully. Crony capitalism is a sickness on both sides of the aisle. Right now, the dems are the big largess recipient, but I will expect that to change. I may not fit the mold of an Occupy Wall St. guy, but a lot of their gripes have resonance.

You're watching it closely.  Oh man, we're really looking forward to your comments.... ::)
A

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2014, 04:36:59 AM »
You're watching it closely.  Oh man, we're really looking forward to your comments.... ::)

I will withhold them or annotate them as you likely wouldn't comprehend my thought process.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2014, 04:44:48 AM »
FCC head is a former industry insider, so there's that, too.  ::)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2014, 04:49:18 AM »
FCC head is a former industry insider, so there's that, too.  ::)

See? It's all bullshit.