Author Topic: Jesse Ventura: Military doesn't 'fight for our freedom'  (Read 6482 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Jesse Ventura: Military doesn't 'fight for our freedom'
« on: November 19, 2014, 11:54:55 AM »
The sad downward spiral continues.  I used to really like this guy.   :-\

Jesse Ventura: Military doesn't 'fight for our freedom'
By Justin Peligri, CNN
Tue November 11, 2014

(CNN) -- Former wrestler and Minnesota governor Jesse Ventura has some harsh words for the armed forces this Veterans Day: If given the option today, he'd opt out of military service.

"I hate to say it, but no, I would be a conscientious objector today," the Navy special forces veteran said in a video posted Tuesday. "I don't believe that the military fights for our freedom."

"They give them all the ra ra at the stadiums, and they cheer 'em on," said Ventura, who served as a Reform Party governor of the North Star state from 1999 to 2003. "But when the veterans come home, we pretty much forget about them. They're old news. They're yesterday's garbage. And it's time to move on to the next war."

He pointed to the fallout from the Vietnam War as an example of these attitudes -- and he predicted that veterans from more modern wars would experience the same thing.

"There gonna come back to parades, but it's gonna end about right there," he said.

Ventura did say, however, that he isn't anti-veteran. After all, he is one himself, having served in the U.S. Navy Underwater Demolition Team member during the Vietnam War.

"You can hate the war and not hate the vet. The veteran is a pawn. They have to do it. They are not given a choice," he said. "Our vets are honorable people... I bear no grudge."

In particular, Ventura took issue with the large dollar amount pinned to foreign wars, arguing that "international corporations" are the ones who "truly run our country today."

"That's why wars are fought -- so the profiteers of war can make money," Ventura said, pointing to the large portion of the annual budget that goes toward national security and defense.

"If we weren't involved in these wars, we would have more freedom," he said.

The video appears on the website of Voices of Liberty, a group led by former Republican congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul. It lobbies against "unjustified wars, unconstitutional surveillance, [and] extrajudicial drone assassinations," according to its website.

Ventura no longer holds public office. But he's stayed politically active and he hosts a show on the digital television network Ora TV called "Off The Grid."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/11/politics/jesse-ventura-veterans-day/?cid=ob_articlesidebarall&iref=obinsite

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Jesse Ventura: Military doesn't 'fight for our freedom'
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 12:31:11 PM »
Care to explain?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 12:36:38 PM »
Explain what?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 12:40:55 PM »
I'm not a fan of his but I understand what he's saying.  Ventura doesn't think the wars we've been fighting aren't legitimate, justified or in the interest of the American people.  Therefore, soldiers are fighting for interests other than those of the people
A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 12:55:43 PM »
I'm not a fan of his but I understand what he's saying.  Ventura doesn't think the wars we've been fighting aren't legitimate, justified or in the interest of the American people.  Therefore, soldiers are fighting for interests other than those of the people

He's wrong.  I think American interests were/are involved in our wars.  Also, those men and women are willing to sacrifice their health and lives in service to the country.  No higher calling in America IMO.  As a veteran he more than anyone should appreciate that. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 01:15:48 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 01:26:11 PM »
Why he is wrong.

I just explained it.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 02:18:08 PM »
I just explained it.

This is not an explanation:

He's wrong.  I think American interests were/are involved in our wars.  Also, those men and women are willing to sacrifice their health and lives in service to the country.  No higher calling in America IMO.  As a veteran he more than anyone should appreciate that.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 02:51:35 PM »

agreed he is wrong.

granted, we don't always go to wars for the reasons given on TV.  But overall, our forces fight mainly FOR OUR WAY OF LIFE.   

That means our dollar is worth an inflated amount.  Our gas is cheap.   We don't worry about nuclear attack.  We have longterm bases, our enemies are longterm weakened, etc.  We are #1 and will continue to be, as we undermine potential threats to our #1 status.

Now, only a peon timid moron thinks we fight for all the reasons the idiot politicians and pundits say.  But our brave forces do fight and often die for our WAY OF LIFE. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 02:56:39 PM »
This is not an explanation:

Yes it is.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 03:07:15 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 03:07:42 PM »
agreed he is wrong.

granted, we don't always go to wars for the reasons given on TV.  But overall, our forces fight mainly FOR OUR WAY OF LIFE.   

That means our dollar is worth an inflated amount.  Our gas is cheap.   We don't worry about nuclear attack.  We have longterm bases, our enemies are longterm weakened, etc.  We are #1 and will continue to be, as we undermine potential threats to our #1 status.

Now, only a peon timid moron thinks we fight for all the reasons the idiot politicians and pundits say.  But our brave forces do fight and often die for our WAY OF LIFE. 

I know right?  We go to war when our government conspires with foreign terrorists to murder American citizens.  Like that time our government shot a missile into the Pentagon on 9/11.  You have been all over that for years.  Good work.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 03:21:33 PM »
I know right?  We go to war when our government conspires with foreign terrorists to murder American citizens.  Like that time our government shot a missile into the Pentagon on 9/11.  You have been all over that for years.  Good work. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 05:01:10 PM »
Wait a minute.  You and Jesse are both 911 Troofers.   :o  Did you ever figure out who planted the bombs in the WTC?  Inquiring minds want to know. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 08:55:28 PM »
Wait a minute.  You and Jesse are both 911 Troofers.   :o  Did you ever figure out who planted the bombs in the WTC?  Inquiring minds want to know.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 09:37:01 AM »

I had no idea you and Jesse Ventura had so much in common.   :o

"Ventura proves, beyond any doubt that no airplane every hit the Pentagon. As the video shows, not even a highly trained airline pilot was capable of the maneuvers claimed. Long before, it had been proven that the 757 was incapable of the task, either the maneuvers or the speed and trajectory. The plane would have come apart, there is no disagreement with this and hasn’t been for some time, yet nothing had been done. Why?"

http://www.conspiracyplanet.com/channel.cfm?channelid=2&contentid=7638&page=2

In a move that draws sharp criticism, Bush appoints Philip Zelikow, a three-year veteran of Bush Senior's National Security Council, as executive director of official 9/11 Commission.

Zelikow ran the 9/11 commission.
Zelikow was the pentagon money controller when 2.3 trillion was annouced missing on 9/10/2001
Zelikow owns a remote control airplane company

The plane/missile/object which struck the pentagon killed many in the accounting/finance dept, which has severely hampered the investigation.  No one knows there the money went, almost 6 years later. It's gone.

Now... *something* exploded at 9:32 AM that morning at the Pentagon, a very massive blast which stopped dozens of clocks.  The plane hit 5 minutes later. 

Wouldn't it be incredibly creative to steal 2.3 trillion, announce it one afternoon, hold a meeting the next morning at 9:30 for everyone who knew where the $ was, and once everyone is there, blow up the room, then fly one of your remote controlled planes into the building (into that room at an angle the human pilot could not do), 5 minutes later?

Talk about some f'king pwnage right there.

:-\

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 06:47:08 PM »

Ventura is right on the money.  You're wrong.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 06:17:20 AM »
everything ventura said was spot on

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 10:53:51 AM »
The biggest busisness in the world is guns.
Countries must create imaginary motives to wage wars on others.
People get killed so the economy keeps going forward.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2014, 10:45:17 AM »
Ventura is right on the money.  You're wrong.

Ventura has become a caricature.  It is so sad that he went from one of the greatest tough guys ever to a sniveling sissy, suing widows for money.  It was only natural that he would become a 911 Troofer.   :-\

scottt

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 10:53:17 AM »
Jesse is right our government has been corrupted by big business and there Is nothing that will be done to stop it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 10:57:05 AM »
Jesse is right our government has been corrupted by big business and there Is nothing that will be done to stop it.

Money has definitely corrupted the system.