Author Topic: Saved two dogs lives tonight  (Read 9355 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Saved two dogs lives tonight
« Reply #75 on: November 21, 2014, 02:47:56 AM »
Lurker, what does a sponsorship to a shelter usually cost, a couple hundred? What if GB took up a collection to get a local pit rescue to go to the ACC and sponsor them out of there. TA could find the local pit shelter and give us the name to directly donate.

I'm in for $50.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2014, 03:06:51 AM »
While reading this thread, my eye stated twitching. and my forearm now also hurts just a bit.

odd

Update: I have recovered.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2014, 03:21:49 AM »
thats a good thing adonis,im always helping stray dogs find homes when i see them on the street.been doing this 20yrs now and enjoy helping the animals out,im glad there are other good dudes out there helping out also
R

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2014, 05:31:54 AM »
Lurker, what does a sponsorship to a shelter usually cost, a couple hundred? What if GB took up a collection to get a local pit rescue to go to the ACC and sponsor them out of there. TA could find the local pit shelter and give us the name to directly donate.

I'm in for $50.

It's whatever you and others donate really. Some shelters like Second Chance Rescue, all you have to do is contact them and give them the info of where the dogs are located and the story behind them and they will arrange for a staff member to go there when the hold is up and retrieve them.  Or they will have volunteers who will provide transportation for the animal.  SCR does a LOT of work on breaking down the stereotypes of pitbulls with the public.  (But they do handle other breeds as well).  SCR has saved lives from all over.  They have retrieved dogs from FL, GA, SC, NC, TN, etc.. and placed them in various foster homes in other states.  They have provided medical care for nearly all the ones they have rescued that needed it with their funds and with some vets doing pro bono work.  

The most important thing is to get them out of ACC as fast as possible.  The ACC usually decides which ones go on the euth-list based on two factors.  The condition the animal is in and the temperament/attitude of the animal.  (Which directly influences the BE test.)  In many cases this is unfair because the animal winds up in there in less than ideal health and they are often scared/injured/terrified of where they are, the people trying to help them, the other animals there and nonstop noise.  Some are in good shape when they arrive but that quickly changes due to stress or common contagious diseases like kennel cough and mange.  Both which equate into a shorten stay and life for them there.

The two that I support are :

Second Chance Rescue
Hope For Paws

But any shelter out there that is rescuing animals and matching them with fosters or forever homes deserves support.   The facilities of many of these shelters (if they even have one) is very small.  So finding foster parents is very important or having pledges that are enough to pay for boarding until they can find the space or family is crucial.  A lot of people don't understand how fostering a rescue operates.  You ask them and they say things like "oh I don't have time for a dog" or things like that.  Maybe not year around, but a week or two every few months isn't too much to ask for.  Just to find a safe and quiet place for the animal to recover and/or heal so they can have a better chance of being adopted later.  

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2014, 05:33:39 AM »
Jezebelle and I were looking for arrowheads deep in the country a few hours ago and we heard an awful sound coming from a house nearby.  We went through the woods to take a look and saw 5 Pitbulls chained up and two had chains wrapped around their necks and legs and were tangled on top of each other.  One was barely breathing.  We were the only people around for miles and nobody was at that house which looked abandoned.  We called Animal Control and the Police and Sheriff.  They had to take bolt cutters to free the animals.  They seized all the animals and an investigation is starting.  May have stumbled on an illegal dog fighting ring/breeding as one dog was pregnant.  The conditions were horrid.  Those dogs would have died tonight.

Good for you TA! I think animal cruelty like that is from sicko people.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 21, 2014, 05:41:31 AM »
A couple of weeks ago i was hiking trying to find new trails to wheel my Landcruiser when 3 shepperd dogs run into me acting crazy  protecting their sheep. Luckly it was a rocky mountain and i climb a steep rock that the dogs couldn't climb. Since they would not give up on trying to catch me i had to kill one and wound another. The third got away scared, i tryed to kill him too but i am not very good at aiming.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2014, 08:04:34 AM »
Here's my pit-mix this morning. It was cold out...

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2014, 08:06:34 AM »
Well done Adam, good that you guys stumbled on this.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2014, 08:09:25 AM »

Wood paneling is confusing.  Please confirm if very old, or new rustic type look, so I can tag the data correctly in the pic archives.
Y

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2014, 08:15:44 AM »
heres my pitbull BIGGIE SMALLS , i found her behind construction site eating branches and drinking sewer water,i took her home and she gave me 10 great yrs,she passed away in 2010,i found her in 97 or early 98 and she was already afew yrs old.great dog,i trusted her around my new born son when he came home from hospital,people where like u r crazy man that dog could kill him with one bite,she protected my son and no one except me and my wife could go near him or she would get mean.she had green eyes with red nose and weighed 105
R

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2014, 08:18:21 AM »
Wood paneling is confusing.  Please confirm if very old, or new rustic type look, so I can tag the data correctly in the pic archives.

Rustic. It's my family room. It has a big couch, fireplace, pellet stove, library, widescreen, earth tones, wood paneling and wood beam ceilings. Right off the kitchen.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2014, 08:19:45 AM »

:D
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2014, 08:22:31 AM »

its a good feeling seeing our dog all comfy in the blankets, we spoil r dog also with blankets and food.
R

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2014, 08:23:07 AM »
Shut
Your
Fucking
Mouth
Faggot
Everone here knows you're a zero.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2014, 08:24:27 AM »
Rustic. It's my family room. It has a big couch, fireplace, pellet stove, library, widescreen, earth tones, wood paneling and wood beam ceilings. Right off the kitchen.

<whew>  got worried for a second.  All good - carry on.

Actually this is always the time of year where I consider a pellet stove, or a full geothermal overhaul.
Y

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2014, 08:34:06 AM »

LOL!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2014, 09:15:58 AM »

ROFLMAO!!!  Love that picture.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2014, 09:18:56 AM »
heres my pitbull BIGGIE SMALLS , i found her behind construction site eating branches and drinking sewer water,i took her home and she gave me 10 great yrs,she passed away in 2010,i found her in 97 or early 98 and she was already afew yrs old.great dog,i trusted her around my new born son when he came home from hospital,people where like u r crazy man that dog could kill him with one bite,she protected my son and no one except me and my wife could go near him or she would get mean.she had green eyes with red nose and weighed 105
Beautiful animal!  You got some very big arms there Gracie. 

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2014, 09:23:02 AM »
Beautiful animal!  You got some very big arms there Gracie. 

thanks man,coming from a guy like u means alot bro. u r a good man,wish i could get ripped like u man,u r sliced
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2014, 09:25:07 AM »
This is Alli, fostered her for about a day then adopted her.
Abandoned in northern Manitoba, was to be put down until CAARE Rescue saved her.

u did a good thing man, good things will come back to u also
R

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2014, 09:35:54 AM »
thanks man,coming from a guy like u means alot bro. u r a good man,wish i could get ripped like u man,u r sliced
Trying to get really low body fat at the moment!

I like those Firebirds.  I was talking to Shockwave about the old old ones and the newer ones as I am interested in building something along those lines.  The price for performance in those cars and what you can build a 1000 hp plus car is unmatched.  Not to mention, alot of those standard components on that car hold up.  I like all the models of firebirds. 

I have also considered one of these with the Big Firebird on the front.

I am highly considering this one right here if I don`t want to go the build route:

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2014, 09:39:09 AM »

She looked like a great dog and I'm sorry you lost her. Nice pic!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2014, 09:42:38 AM »
For some reason Howard, I always picture you today, driving around in one of those old Firebirds, pumping 80s music.

Remind of this this too. lolol

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2014, 09:44:16 AM »
Actually this is always the time of year where I consider a pellet stove, or a full geothermal overhaul.

I can't say enough good things about my Harman pellet stoves.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2014, 09:57:33 AM »

:D