Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions
Selfish Life?
(1/14) > >>
Thong Maniac:
You guys enjoy your career and life?

As im approaching my early thirties and making decent dough, and my wife makes good money too. We have no kids, lots and lots of free time, dont work very hard, etc. im starting to feel unfulfilled, like my life is just a selfish, vain, existence.

I watched a documentary about park rangers in africa putting their life on the line every fucking day to protect mountain gorillas and their habitat from warlords and poachers using hand me down Aks and 40 year old RPGs, barely making a living wage, and these guys would glady die to save a gorilla. It really made me think about how lame my life is and how I have nothing to live for except paying a mortage on a house and making my boss happy. It just seems so ridiculous when you put modern day american life into perspective.

This probably came off like A Howard thread, but im honestly mentally struggling with this. Is my goal to make money and just "live"....? Thats what it feels like. I have nothing to die for, no struggles, no hardship. Maybe im feeling guilty, I dont know
gracie bjj:
i try to give alittle money to st judes cancer research cause it makes me feel good,also i help the animal rescue force in my town cause i know they r legit and use the money to help the animals.im far from rich but i own a house and do ok i guess,im happy but i still feel empty in some ways also. u got to be careful tho some of those places r scam artist, anyway man u sound like a good dude and seems like u r soul searching a bit and thats good,u will find what u need to fulfill your life one of these days as long as u keep looking
BayGBM:
"If a man has not found something worth dying for, he is not fit to live."

--Martin Luther King Jr.

Seriously, what  you describe is not "modern day American life" it is your life.  So, what are you going to do about it?  Relatively speaking you are obviously blessed.  Why don't you give something back to a cause or to your community?  Volunteer your time and energy to something meaningful.  Work harder to make more money and give to a few worthwhile charities.  Make a career change and do work that has real purpose...  Right now you have no purpose.  Perhaps that is why you are feeling empty and selfish... because you are.  :-[
Thong Maniac:

--- Quote from: gracie bjj on November 25, 2014, 04:16:46 AM ---i try to give alittle money to st judes cancer research cause it makes me feel good,also i help the animal rescue force in my town cause i know they r legit and use the money to help the animals.im far from rich but i own a house and do ok i guess,im happy but i still feel empty in some ways also. u got to be careful tho some of those places r scam artist, anyway man u sound like a good dude and seems like u r soul searching a bit and thats good,u will find what u need to fulfill your life one of these days as long as u keep looking

--- End quote ---

Thanks bro, we do help the local humane society with time and money when we can, but I just feel like its still not enough. I feel like I look out for people around me and step in when someone is not being treated respectfully but thats about the extent of it. Just feel like I need a purpose
MORTALCOIL:

--- Quote from: Thong Maniac on November 25, 2014, 04:12:22 AM ---
I watched a documentary about park rangers in africa putting their life on the line every fucking day to protect mountain gorillas and their habitat from warlords and poachers using hand me down Aks and 40 year old RPGs, barely making a living wage, and these guys would glady die to save a gorilla. It really made me think about how lame my life is and how I have nothing to live for except paying a mortage on a house and making my boss happy. It just seems so ridiculous when you put modern day american life into perspective.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like you should become Kai Green's bodyguard.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version