Author Topic: Ronnie & Markus both used ultra wide grips  (Read 7806 times)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Ronnie & Markus both used ultra wide grips
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2014, 11:22:10 PM »
shortens the range of motion. I always train with a medium grip. The thinking in these Days was to take the triceps out of the exercise. You can´t take front delts out of it or triceps. Basic anatomy. It´s like Chins. wide grip wide lats...Bollocks. Look At Yates with his "undergrip" Rows.

youve nailed it on several accounts in this thread.

Louis Cipher

• Getbig II
  • Aue Caesar, Morituri Te Salutant!
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2014, 02:52:59 AM »
theres no such thing as inner/outer chest ::)

Jim Stoppani says there is...

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2014, 03:07:46 AM »
"While there are no "upper" and "lower" chest muscles, its a physiomechanical matter of course that different exercise and working angles will stress ascending, descending and lateral fibers to a different degree. So, while it may be impossible to isolate certain fiber strands, it is well possible to shift the main workload from one strand to the other by selecting appropriate exercises."

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011/07/suppversity-emg-series-musculus.html

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2014, 03:29:23 AM »
"While there are no "upper" and "lower" chest muscles, its a physiomechanical matter of course that different exercise and working angles will stress ascending, descending and lateral fibers to a different degree. So, while it may be impossible to isolate certain fiber strands, it is well possible to shift the main workload from one strand to the other by selecting appropriate exercises."

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2011/07/suppversity-emg-series-musculus.html
yes i have also seen a similar test. Results were the same from sporthochschule Köln. Decline press is a great exercise. I agree with your post. Incline press if the angle is not too steep works for me. your post is spot on in my opinion.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2014, 03:31:42 AM »
Ok calm down guys.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2014, 03:33:44 AM »
Do a triceps pushdown the way that Bertil does them with the elbows flaring out,and you`ll feel it in the inner chest the following day.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2014, 02:27:26 PM »
NOBODY is going to suck your 4" shriveled up cock.

You're mother says i'm hung like a wild boar  ;)

juicemachine

« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2014, 02:29:54 PM »
You're mother says i'm hung like a wild boar  ;)
When you asked why she turned you down. She is a good woman, who believes a white lie doesn't hurt to salvage an unfortunate gollem's self esteem.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2014, 02:36:02 PM »
When you asked why she turned you down. She is a good woman, who believes a white lie doesn't hurt to salvage an unfortunate gollem's self esteem.

She is a good woman but unfortunately couldn't resist getting fucked by a crackhead and having an autistic son 

juicemachine

« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2014, 02:52:04 PM »
She is a good woman but unfortunately couldn't resist getting fucked by a crackhead and having an autistic son 
You still do not realize that your average crack head is a thousand times more desirable to a woman than a deformed gollem.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2014, 04:21:36 PM »
You still do not realize that your average crack head is a thousand times more desirable to a woman than a deformed gollem.

Fuck you get my blood boiling!!

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2014, 04:47:22 PM »
I'm just basing this on my personal experience and observing average guys in the gym lifting over the years. The bench warriors never had any chest development. Those elite bodybuilders from the 70's had supreme genetics, far better than most pros today. Also, they trained hours upon hours and used so many different exercises it is hard to determine which exercise caused what effect. I personally started seeing vast improvements after I dropped the barbell bench and switched it with dumbbells.
So, you are saying the guys from the 70s had Supreme genetics. But most people including writers tend to agree that the era with the best genetics were the 90s. And most people tend to agree that the drugs have ruined the sport, and that many of the Pros today, look better when they first got their Pro card. Branch Warren is known for his thick chest, and so is JOJ. One could say that JOJ is right up there with greats in terms of chest. Ronnie Coleman as well.

Here are some more. Notice arms and delts are not as big.

juicemachine

« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2014, 01:11:23 AM »
So, you are saying the guys from the 70s had Supreme genetics. But most people including writers tend to agree that the era with the best genetics were the 90s. And most people tend to agree that the drugs have ruined the sport, and that many of the Pros today, look better when they first got their Pro card. Branch Warren is known for his thick chest, and so is JOJ. One could say that JOJ is right up there with greats in terms of chest. Ronnie Coleman as well.

Here are some more. Notice arms and delts are not as big.
The most pronounced difference is the size of the delts. Their delts were not nearly as big and round as pros of today. How does one explain that? Are pros today all oil and inflamation? Or is it really the new drug protocols that blow up the delts?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2014, 01:23:17 AM »
The most pronounced difference is the size of the delts. Their delts were not nearly as big and round as pros of today. How does one explain that? Are pros today all oil and inflamation? Or is it really the new drug protocols that blow up the delts?

You're right about the delts. That seems to be the biggest difference between today and bbers from the 70s-80s. That and quads with Platz being a notable exception. But even Platz was the acknowledged freak in that area. Now Platz-like quads are routine today. Jay's left quad back in the day could more than hang with Platz in his prime.

But nobody had delts back in those days like they routinely have now. I think that it's a requirement today and you will get them any way you can. Be it drugs or oil one way or another you're not going on stage at a pro level without your delts being the size of your head.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2014, 03:00:12 AM »
I think the today pros have more focus on delts/rear delts from the side. I guess the focus in the 70ies was pretty much arms and chest! The sport was far away from developed. U never talked about rear delt, calves, glutes, hamstring, low lat insertion, granieness etc...and beside that they where all very smooth looking amatuer boys...

Every sport has its progress...

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2014, 03:04:43 AM »
triceps was a forgotten muscle aswell!

Arnold was the role modell back in the days bcz he was the Mr 0 and in that way he sat the standard for how you should look. No triceps, shoulders, legs hamstring...front latspread reveals his lack of muscles in those parts...maybe thats why he never did that pose!

agenda21nwo

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2014, 03:15:26 AM »
I always prefer a wider grip myself.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2014, 03:30:25 AM »
It explains their developement

juicemachine

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2014, 04:17:50 AM »

Galvatron

• Getbig III
  • I have contacts in Washington
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2014, 10:17:55 AM »
Increases the injury risk. Keep hands in line with your elbows.