Author Topic: Old School Supplements, what was the first one you tried?  (Read 20186 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Re: Old School Supplements, what was the first one you tried?
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2014, 05:39:24 AM »
Myoplex and Cell Tech. Dextrose overload

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2014, 05:40:02 AM »
exactly man we coulda been swallowing baby powder in capsules back then and wouldnt of even known it :o

yeah, I do wonder about that. Im pretty sure with years of supplement use I have been exposed to all sorts of contaminants and unknown chemicals. What effect that will have on our liver and kidneys years down the line is anybodys guess!

whitewidow

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 05:41:07 AM »
Remember being 15 and buying phosphagen and paying 30 odd quid for it after bullshit bill Philipps promised it would pump me up like I was on dianabol, all I got was no gains and bad guts

EAS Phosphagen is probably to this day the best creatine on the market. I know guys who use juice but still also use phosphagen. These days EAS is owned by abbott wich is a real pharmaceutical
 company so not only is EAS Phosphagen the best pharmaceutical creatine it is super cheap these days. I think it taste good! I don;t use it but I have used it and it is great product one worth buying.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2014, 05:41:53 AM »
Gainers Fuel.

Was probably 70% sugar.   Having the internet back then would have helped!

I loved all those twinlab products, amino fuel, ripped fuel, zma fuel. Bottles looked cool lined up, but did they didn't do fuck ;D

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2014, 05:42:01 AM »
Mass Action Creatine with HMB and TMG.  Shot worked really good for a little bump in strength.

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2014, 05:42:51 AM »
EAS Phosphagen is probably to this day the best creatine on the market. I know guys who use juice but still also use phosphagen. These days EAS is owned by abbott wich is a real pharmaceutical
 company so not only is EAS Phosphagen the best pharmaceutical creatine it is super cheap these days. I think it taste good! I don;t use it but I have used it and it is great product one worth buying.

I had good gains the first time using phosphagen, but I think creapure creatine is the best these days.

whitewidow

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2014, 05:45:02 AM »
I had good gains the first time using phosphagen, but I think creapure creatine is the best these days.

max muscle ARM is a good product it has creapure in it along with alot of other good stuff,it is a mainly a waxy maize intra workout product great for guys who use insulin.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2014, 05:49:12 AM »
I loved all those twinlab products, amino fuel, ripped fuel, zma fuel. Bottles looked cool lined up, but did they didn't do fuck ;D

I remember not having cash and putting a "carbo fuel" or something like that on my gym account after EVERY workout.  Paying the $80 or something after 2 months was a reality check.
Y

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2014, 05:50:06 AM »

They promised steroid-like gains...except in New York.

~

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2014, 05:54:16 AM »
When I was 19 I took tribulus capsules, and about 8 on the first go. That lunch hour I was walking around the supermarket staring everyone down thinking I had the roid rage hahahahahaa

This was supposed to be the top tribulus back in the day...

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2014, 05:58:35 AM »
And the tablets - those chalky tablets. York were even worse!!!

THE BEEF

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2014, 05:59:59 AM »

Tribestan Tribulus for bodybuilders - Bulgarian Airline Pilot Approved!!

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2014, 06:04:37 AM »
and people complain about the taste of todays supplements  :D

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2014, 06:06:13 AM »
this was another hot seller back in the late 80's erly 90's
R

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2014, 06:08:26 AM »
And the tablets - those chalky tablets. York were even worse!!!

THE BEEF

Forgot about York, absolute bottom of the barrel stuff. York creatine was like sand.

wikkedonez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2014, 06:09:10 AM »
Used to take Hot Stuff. ..and that nasty MCT oil... :-\

Lord Chronos

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2014, 06:12:37 AM »
this was another hot seller back in the late 80's erly 90's

I never got to try that stuff, but remember a mate going on about that. The other one I wanted to try but never got round to was Metabolol II. "The Metabolic Optimiser".  I used to read the magazines and see the the Super Metroid/Tetris inspired label and think wow this must be some powerful shit!

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2014, 06:16:00 AM »
Does anyone remember the pinnacle myopro protein? It was supposed to inhibit myostatin lol

Also I remember when HMB was supposed to be the next big thing

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2014, 06:21:20 AM »

"How does Phosphagain work?

Researchers don't understand the exact mechanisms by which Phosphagain promotes rapid and almost steroid-like gains in lean body mass in weight trainers, but one theory is that it supports cell volumizing which is the uptake of water and nutrients by muscle cells. Some researchers believe that when muscle cells undergo super hydration, they build muscle faster and more efficiently."

Oh brother.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2014, 07:00:24 AM »
I never got to try that stuff, but remember a mate going on about that. The other one I wanted to try but never got round to was Metabolol II. "The Metabolic Optimiser".  I used to read the magazines and see the the Super Metroid/Tetris inspired label and think wow this must be some powerful shit!

Lots of memories here.  Used Metabolol II, Cybergenics, Anabolic Megapacks, Musco MXT, whatever.  I actually got some gains from the stuff that had calories in it. 

The shocking thing is that any supplements sell these days, much less that there are millions made on them.  How has that entire industry not collapsed with the advent of the Internet and the availability of mail order roids?  None of those things work.  None.  Food is food.  Drugs are drugs.  Supplements are food and give you food like gains.  You will be bigger and stronger today from your thanksgiving meal.  That ain't a drug.  There is a great truth revealed in the fact that any of this shit still sells.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2014, 07:10:35 AM »
Dessicated liver tabs,i chewed them then threw up.Ultimate orange was the best thing ever on the market,all the ravers used to buy tubs from our gym and sell them as wraps of speed.Remember smilax offiianalis,you were supposed to hold the liquid under the tongue and the label had a warning that said "this may cause in increase in penis size" haha.
Dessicated liver tabs also, never chewed them.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2014, 07:20:42 AM »
So many memories trying all the different supplements back in the day that all the steroid champs said were the reason for their success.

To this day I worry about all the gain weight stuff I took on for so long. I took all the shakes that had 600 to 700 calories per shake. I would drink them three times a day.  Now I know drinking all that fat is so unhealthy.  

The worst was this product Wate-on when I was a teenager.  One tablespoon was something like 500 calories.  It must have been flavored saturated liquid fat. I remember gaining weight like crazy with this stuff getting fat and smooth.  I remember after a summer of lifting and taking this stuff I reported for the first day of cross country and the coach said I can't believe how fat you got. I thought I was big and buff.

If I could do it over again I should have embraced my leanness.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2014, 07:22:29 AM »
HOLY SHIT MAN I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT ABOUT SMILAX :D i was buying that stuff also,i was hoping for great gains but they just never came,to top it off my cock never even grew a quarter of an inch off it either ;D

I bought (got suckered into buying) SMILAX as well.......it was $35 FOR ONE SMALL BOTTLE!!!!!!!..I bought it about twice and I remember the manager of the store saying to me as I paid, "wow, you must want to fuck 10 girls". Obviously a con job to make me think it was actually worth something but I bought into it..... this was in 1992/1993....to this day I'm still kicking myself in the ass for being such a nit wit.....

I also bought Chromium and those Weider multi paks as well...

Weider also had this product called BIG....it was a bunch of tablets you would take which would supposedly make you huge....you had to take 16 PILLS IN ONE SERVING, TWICE A DAY and the pills were big as hell!!!!...My brother was taking them one day and at about the 10th pill he started to gag and choke!..LOL..it was the funniest thing but he threw them away after that

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2014, 07:29:09 AM »
my first time i took creatine i noticed almost dbol like gains and some nice strength increases,i was shocked as hell. then after the first time i never had them type of gains again no matter how much i took or what kind i took

same here..I started taking Cell-Tech and had some awesome strength and size gains....people couldn't belive how big and hard I was.....the only problem was I would shit acid..it burned my asshole every time I went to the bathroom.....

I went off of Cell-tech for a time and then when I got back on it again............NOTHING .

However, a few years later I got on SIZE-ON and I was so fucking hard.....my chest and arms were like granite.....another thing that worked for me was the old HYDROYCUT......I lost 30 pounds on that stuff...my heart would be racing like it was gonna come outof my chest......I lost weight and had no appetite.....but when I stopped taking it my appetite came back with a vengence and I gained back all the weight and more...LOL

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2014, 07:30:51 AM »
met-rx had some genius marketing. mustve made a fortune

I agree...but you can't even find Met-Rx in the stores any more...even though I hear they are still in business