Author Topic: Starting to Agree With Adonis  (Read 10919 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Starting to Agree With Adonis
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 05:56:46 PM »
Nah, plenty of fans appreciate sports outside of group dynamics.  There's nothing wrong with appreciating, and being entertained, by elite performers playing at the highest levels of the game.  It's......fun.

But the initial draw when one is little is watching sports game with your father. We can all remember the days of our father bringing us to sporting events or our own games or watching the game on television. The excitement of watching a sporting game with your father is what sets the stage for later on. Very rare for a 7 year old to watch a sports game alone.
X

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2014, 06:05:08 PM »
But the initial draw when one is little is watching sports game with your father. We can all remember the days of our father bringing us to sporting events or our own games or watching the game on television. The excitement of watching a sporting game with your father is what sets the stage for later on. Very rare for a 7 year old to watch a sports game alone.

Sure, but that still doesn't validate your statement that "watching sports is utterly pointless".   Regardless of how it starts, there's a multitude of reasons.
Y

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2014, 06:14:27 PM »
Sure, but that still doesn't validate your statement that "watching sports is utterly pointless".   Regardless of how it starts, there's a multitude of reasons.

No, but it validates my point about large group dynamics, since the initial bond between child and father (dyad) most likely sets the stage to like sports. Obviously one does not always need to be in the presence of a large group to enjoy sports, though I would argue that even if one is alone watching sport, one explicitly knows that other fans are watching the same game, and will most likely be talked about at a later date. Thus, sharing your emotions of the game with another.

As for the multitude of reasons, what are they? Obviously, this is very subjective.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2014, 06:16:22 PM »
Sf1900 changing the goals midstream as usual.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2014, 06:23:16 PM »
Humans are tribal and following a sport is just another way we get to be with a tribe.

I never got it.

Like all this crap about being a Manchester United fan. What is the point? It's not as if all the players come from Manchester. It's just a manufactured/paid for team with no real roots anywhere any more.

What is it you are supporting there? A multinational company listed on the UK Stock exchange that sells lots of seats/merchandise and uses that money to pay a bunch of jumped up, self obsessed,  overpaid, spoilt pricks to kick a ball arond and take a dive (cheat) whenever the opportunity arises.

Fuck that.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2014, 06:25:50 PM »
Humans are tribal and following a sport is just another way we get to be with a tribe.

I never got it.

Like all this crap about being a Manchester United fan. What is the point? It's not as if all the players come from Manchester. It's just a manufactured/paid for team with no real roots anywhere any more.

What is it you are supporting there? A multinational company listed on the UK Stock exchange that sells lots of seats/merchandise and uses that money to pay a bunch of jumped up, self obsessed,  overpaid, spoilt pricks to kick a ball arond and take a dive (cheat) whenever the opportunity arises.

Fuck that.

Exactly, humans are tribal and will gather in tribes in either explicit or implicit ways. That could be through watching sports directly with someone or talking about the sport game at a later time with someone. Nothing is really done in pure isolation. Thus, my original statement about large group dynamics, either directly or indirectly experiencing something with someone, still stands. That could be watching the game with someone or discussing it the next day at work. But the initial liking of sports is usually done with another.

Not everything needs to be spelled out for people and some people truly never understand the contexuality of things.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2014, 06:28:52 PM »
Ah yes, the good old "you don't understand the contextuality of statements" lol.  ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2014, 06:34:05 PM »
I only watch the sport of bodybuilders battling it out on stage.

What about these two bodybuilding warriors?

X

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2014, 06:44:22 PM »
Ah yes, the good old "you don't understand the contextuality of statements" lol.  ::)

you cant even answer pms let along type big words :-X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2014, 07:03:47 PM »
I find as I give a shit less about things, sports falls into that area. Why do I care who wins or who loses? Do I know the players personally? Sure I played all sports but I dont want to be some hammerhead old man sitting on a couch thinking I know it all or giving a shit about how many yards some player who I dont give a shit about runs for. As I watched sports lately, I found it boring and pretty fucking useless.  I find other things in my personal life more worthwhile than watching some guy make 10 mill a year for hitting a ball, throwing a ball, shooting a puck or whatever. Meh, maybe Im just old.

If you are getting old, then I have been dead for quite awhile now. Life is what you make of it. Not saying watching sports is the be all end all, but do find something you enjoy and do it.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2014, 07:05:52 PM »
No, but it validates my point about large group dynamics, since the initial bond between child and father (dyad) most likely sets the stage to like sports. Obviously one does not always need to be in the presence of a large group to enjoy sports, though I would argue that even if one is alone watching sport, one explicitly knows that other fans are watching the same game, and will most likely be talked about at a later date. Thus, sharing your emotions of the game with another.

As for the multitude of reasons, what are they? Obviously, this is very subjective.

Is that what happened? Neither my dad nor my stepfather were into sports. Guess Uberman might have something to say about this. I asked my stepdad to teach me to box and he said, "real men don't stoop to fighting."

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2014, 07:20:21 PM »
If you are getting old, then I have been dead for quite awhile now. Life is what you make of it. Not saying watching sports is the be all end all, but do find something you enjoy and do it.

I fucking hate this cliche

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2014, 07:45:07 PM »

No it doesn't.  A father watching his son is not large group dynamics.  It's the opposite.

Also, all you're doing is making assumptions with nothing to back it up.  Plenty of people enjoy sports by themselves, and not because they think they're going to talk about it with others.  People can appreciate any medium on their own.
Y

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2014, 07:52:20 PM »
No it doesn't.  A father watching his son is not large group dynamics.  It's the opposite.

Also, all you're doing is making assumptions with nothing to back it up.  Plenty of people enjoy sports by themselves, and not because they think they're going to talk about it with others.  People can appreciate any medium on their own.
You just don't understand the context. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2014, 08:01:19 PM »

Grape Ape causing some Ass Gape in this thread

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2014, 08:54:08 PM »
I saw this fat fucking cow on the treadmill today.  Had to be about 5' 4" and 230lbs, and only in her late 20's.  She was burning up the rubber at about 2.3 mph and 0 incline. 

So then she started yelling 'GO! GO!' at the TV playing the Ravens game.  All I could think was 'Bitch, you've never done any physical activity your whole goddamn life.  Who are you to give a shit about sports??' 

Yeah.  Sports are great if you play or if your kids play.  Past that who gives a shit. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2014, 12:00:37 AM »

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2014, 12:31:13 AM »
Sounds like a post from generation nothingness.

why be passionate about anything.
P

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2014, 04:39:04 AM »
I saw this fat fucking cow on the treadmill today.  Had to be about 5' 4" and 230lbs, and only in her late 20's.  She was burning up the rubber at about 2.3 mph and 0 incline. 

So then she started yelling 'GO! GO!' at the TV playing the Ravens game.  All I could think was 'Bitch, you've never done any physical activity your whole goddamn life.  Who are you to give a shit about sports??' 

Yeah.  Sports are great if you play or if your kids play.  Past that who gives a shit. 
;D
I'm sure she thinks she is actively involved in sports

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2014, 08:20:43 AM »
I still love sports but I'm not as passionate as I was when I was younger.
I think a lot of it is that all my team but the Knicks have won championships.....NY Rangers were close last year, hopefully soon.