Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Nutrition, Products & Supplements Info
Reverse dieting ... kind of...
(1/1)
WannaBePro:
So I'd like to up my calories in general, but keep carbs low (I feel much better on high fat/high protein diet) and only having them around training, kind of like meadows' or kiefer's backloading diet. My conditioning right now is in my avatar, which was taken last week. I'd like to keep my conditioning or as close as possible to it and grow a bit of muscle VERY SLOWLY. I come from a fat family and low carb seems to work extremely well for me.
My diet right now: 150-180g protein/day, 80-140g fats (depends on what kind of meat I eat that day), <30g carbs. So even on the high end I'm eating just under 2000cal. I'm 5'10" and weigh about 170lbs.
Today I made a bit of a change, I added 1 (yes ONE) rice cake post-workout. I'd like to work that up every week or every other week by 1 rice cake until I'm ingesting a reasonable amount of carbs post-workout. I know this may sound like I'm neurotic or a bitch about my diet, but I REALLY don't want to go back to being fat. I want to stay sub-10% bodyfat year round. I love how I look and actually feel better! But I feel like I'm sacrificing muscle growth by cutting out carbs until my refeed on saturday night, and even then I try to be conservative.

My question is, is this a good idea? Is there a better way? Please refrain from bashing and give actual advice.

Thanks in advance.
Fastback:
I do believe reverse dieting works. I would add 10-15g carbs every week! No rice cake bullshit every 8-14 days lol. Add 10-15. Stop adding when conditioning seems to fade. Remember to build muscle, a slight caloric surplus will be enough. 

Are you on AAS?
WannaBePro:
Good advice. Thanks.
Truthfully I love keto and want to just keep adding fats instead of carbs. Carbs go right through me and I'm hungry again in an hour, but I get fat as hell eating it lol.
Another question, the more carbs I add every week, I'd decrease fats, right? and is it a 1-to-1 calorie ratio decrease in fat?

No AAS, I'm 170lbs at 5'10" lol. I guess that's another reason for the keto and high fats, keeps hormones balanced and provides the body with the raw material to produce them. I did low carb and low fat my very first contest diet for like 3 or 4 weeks, can't remember anymore, and my bloodwork came back all messed up.
Fastback:

--- Quote from: WannaBePro on December 04, 2014, 05:33:30 AM ---Good advice. Thanks.
Truthfully I love keto and want to just keep adding fats instead of carbs. Carbs go right through me and I'm hungry again in an hour, but I get fat as hell eating it lol.
Another question, the more carbs I add every week, I'd decrease fats, right? and is it a 1-to-1 calorie ratio decrease in fat?

No AAS, I'm 170lbs at 5'10" lol. I guess that's another reason for the keto and high fats, keeps hormones balanced and provides the body with the raw material to produce them. I did low carb and low fat my very first contest diet for like 3 or 4 weeks, can't remember anymore, and my bloodwork came back all messed up.

--- End quote ---

No. You shouldn't decrease the fats. You need to be in a caloric surplus to gain muscle. Keep protein and fats where they are. You should be eating more or less 3000 cals to build muscle. That's an extra 250g carbs! You say your eating roughly 2000 cals.

A certain macro nutrient will not get you fat. To many calories will.

I would reverse diet for 12-16 weeks into a caloric surplus. Keep fats and protein the same, add 15-20 carbs weekly. For carb choices use sweet potato, it's an excellent carb. Add more veggies. Rice with your meats...etc
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version