Author Topic: Call me old school (thats fine) but this glutes thing is ridiculous !!!  (Read 15679 times)

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
After reading many comments about Lee Priest's win at the Ironman, I see a lot of comments about him being soft in the hams and glutes.

Damn, if theres one aspect of bodybuilding that has evolved recently for the worse its this obsession of glutes (ok, the guys ass-------it is what it is !!!)

I'm all for the biggest, freakiest, muscle that can be packed on a human body (I would love to have Lees arms !!!), but ya know what ?

I see more talk about Lees glutes and hams being soft rather than how his calves and arms were superior.

Wouldnt you rather have great arms and calves over great hamstrings and a Ripped ass ?

Ok, Here comes the silly argument that you can see how conditioned someone is by looking at his ass, er, behind, I mean glutes.

Damn, How did judges do it all these years when the trunks were covering up the behinds of bodybuilders------------how in the world did the judges ever know if someone was ripped or in shape if there behind was covered up ? Such a mystery !!!!!!

I LOVE LOOKING AT BEHINDS ALL DAY LONG---AS LONG AS ITS FROM A SEXY FEMALE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YEAH BABY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simple solution : For those of you that cant tell if a competitor is in shape at a contest without looking at his ass, then maybe I can help you:

TRY LOOKING AT THE ARMS, SHOULDERS, BACK, ABDOMINALS, THIGHS, CALVES----------------OK ? See That wasnt hard, If you cant tell if a competitor has ripped in shape bodyparts without looking at his behind, well.........um......... ah...........WHY NOT ????????????   Its not rocket science !!!

Even Lee Priest himself has said he doesnt like the direction of this ripped glutes thing-------------and its not why he got into bodybuilding.

Actually, you dont have to be an old schooler to have a dis-satisfaction with this obsession of glutes thing--------are there not any of you youngsters (teens and twentys) that think this glutes thing has gone too far ?

At my gym someone put up a picture of Ronnie Coleman's double back biceps shot-----but I took it down because I was tired of seeing his bare ass staring me in the face.

And forget about how old schoolers dont get it------------because personally I still love seeing bodybuilders getting bigger and freakier----the freakier the better, but please, I wont shed one tear or go into deep depression if trunks suddenly start covering up behinds of "male competitors".

As it should be.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: Call me old school (thats fine) but this glutes thing is ridiculous !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 07:08:37 AM »
Hey, I agree with you but complaining about it is virtually pointless as the glutewave has most definitely taken control and will never leave us now.  People don't even notice that they pay more attention to ham/glutes than anything else now.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 07:15:29 AM »
Just a question...
The glutes is the biggest muscle of the human body.
According to what argument should it not be taken into consideration? Is there a specific reason? Discuss please.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 07:16:19 AM »
It's teh ghey.
Those posing trunks are teh ghey too.
Fcuk it, the last one who had some dignity was Shawn Ray, he sported somewhat old school posing trunks. What's with this gaylording anyway?
Good thread Peak. Someone needs to explain this insanity.
YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 07:17:32 AM »
Because its not a muscle that is atall rated for "build"

Its not part of bodybuilding

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 07:23:33 AM »
Because its not a muscle that is atall rated for "build"
Its not part of bodybuilding

This is only your opinion sir. Generally Rocket you bring good points but not with this post.
In the gym you can see equipment that work that specific area. Actually, going beyond, leg press and squat are exercises that develop the glutes area and not only quads.
And by the way, your ass is part of your body. Why it shouldn't be built?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 07:37:10 AM »
You posted this because you feel guilty about looking at men`s butts this morning.  Or the fact that you took your son to see Brokeback Mountain for the 5th time.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 07:37:58 AM »
Time to start a trend away from thongs and back to posing trunks so that we don't have to see that shit.

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2006, 07:39:15 AM »
It's teh ghey.
Those posing trunks are teh ghey too.
Fcuk it, the last one who had some dignity was Shawn Ray, he sported somewhat old school posing trunks. What's with this gaylording anyway?
Good thread Peak. Someone needs to explain this insanity.
YIP
Zack
Thanks Zack, you're right-----insanity !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To Tigerman---------largest muscle in the body ? Well, um, ok, But when did it go into style to have it so prominately displayed and gawked at ?
Wait a minute, is there a corelation between that and whats happened the last couple of years about trying to accept and understand the gay and homosexual lifestyle ? ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2006, 07:39:56 AM »
What exactly are the rules for posing trunks anyway?

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 07:45:27 AM »
Thanks Zack, you're right-----insanity !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To Tigerman---------largest muscle in the body ? Well, um, ok, But when did it go into style to have it so prominately displayed and gawked at ?
Wait a minute, is there a corelation between that and whats happened the last couple of years about trying to accept and understand the gay and homosexual lifestyle ? ???
Peakingat45 I agree with you, it should not be the most important part to judge an athlete, but I think is a muscle like the others and as so it must be judged.
Regarding your last question... why you want to find relationships between homosexuality and judging criteria? I see them as quite different things.

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2006, 07:47:20 AM »
The rear trunks in the ass shots have got to stop. Why these guys do this is beyond me?  Blame Gaspari for the ripped glutes.  :P    What's next, Thongs or worse yet that freakish thing Rodney was wearing????

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2006, 07:52:40 AM »

Bodybuilding has gotten so competitive these last days that sometimes two bodybuilders are in such great condition that the only thing that seperates first from second place is the glutes.

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006, 07:54:10 AM »
I know those of you who think glutes should be judged like any other muscle are not gay for saying so-------------------I understand that .
What about just plain good ol "DECENCY" and "GOOD TASTE"
Or has Decency and good taste gone out of style ?     :(

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 07:55:01 AM »
Bodybuilding has gotten so competitive these last days that sometimes two bodybuilders are in such great condition that the only thing that seperates first from second place is the glutes.
hahahah I bet you go straight to thier butts to judge who is the winner.

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 07:57:33 AM »
hahahah I bet you go straight to thier butts to judge who is the winner.
Sad but true-----many times I will see comments about someine being in shape---and glutes are the first thing mentioned.
Sad, so sad        :'(

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 08:03:32 AM »
It is gone friend.   Maybe this new federation can address this and pull focus back to decency and not moraly bankrupt.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 08:07:22 AM »
If the butt was the emphasis, then the Pros would include the Buttmaster in their training videos.  I have never seen anyone say, "Yah, today is glute day today."
i'm sure Rodney St. Cloud does, he likes to have a nice shelf for his john's to put their drinks on when he's getting pounded from the rear.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

hillbilly

• Getbig III
  • LOOK! the crazy cat is back and packing a gat!
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 08:23:15 AM »
One thing that hasnt been discussed here is the health risks asociated with ripped glutes. I mean to be as big as pros are today is hard enough. with this glute thing they have to take things to the next level with diuretics cytomel and all that other lovly stuff! so i think yes glutes r a muscle like any other but where do we draw the line?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 08:52:24 AM »
Following that logic, the next step should involve full nudity and marks for penile vascularity.

8 INCH not biceps

• Getbig IV
  • On the road to weighing 300 pounds
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 09:31:03 AM »

The next step will be a ripped penis.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2006, 09:49:26 AM »

I see more talk about Lees glutes and hams being soft rather than how his calves and arms were superior.

TRY LOOKING AT THE ARMS, SHOULDERS, BACK, ABDOMINALS, THIGHS, CALVES----------------OK ? ass staring me in the face.

I wont shed one tear or go into deep depression if trunks suddenly start covering up behinds of "male competitors".
As it should be.

Good points Peaking at 45. I think the point of shredded glutes is that it is the last part to get ripped so it shows that someone is really "on".

I too wouldn't shed a tear is trunks on male competitors started covering more.

Now the females is a whole different story! Less fabric is better.
and keep moving!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2006, 09:59:20 AM »
If bodybuilding continues in that direction than they will be forced to go on stage buttnaked and perform all sorts of gay tricks all in the while thinking its "art"! Man what a shame.. you'll see homos going around with tape measurers to check which pro has the biggest package..  :-X I will denounce the sport if they come out in strings instead of posing trunks!
just push some weight!

snatch_clean

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2006, 10:12:10 AM »
Good points Peaking at 45. I think the point of shredded glutes is that it is the last part to get ripped so it shows that someone is really "on".
I too wouldn't shed a tear is trunks on male competitors started covering more.
Now the females is a whole different story! Less fabric is better.
Peaking at 45 and you are both fools. Morality is relative. What is deemed moral today is immoral tomorrow and what maybe immoral today is moral tomorrow. The spatial and temporal variance of morality is something that has been the cause of much strife.
Back to the points. Why is it indecent or bad taste to judge a competitors glutes. From the perspective of fundamentalists Christians bodybuilding is an abomination because you are making money from the appearance of your body. Many think it is immoral (not to mention the anabolics and diuretics needed to reach the level of muscularity).
So you are nothing more than a misogynist. It is in good taste for women to show their butts and men not to? Heterosexual males judging a competitors glutes are doing it dispassionately. Ask your wife's gynec if he is turned on by your wife's privates when he does a preliminary examination. Do you assume every male urologist is gay? As for the portion of male gay bodybuilding enthusiasts who derive sexual pleasure from viewing a competitors why deny them their pleasure. And there are plenty of women who might want to check out the men's behinds just as you eye the fitness babes a$$es.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2006, 10:14:25 AM »
I marvel at Ronnie's awesome shredded glutes

Thanks for sharing.......... :-X

HAHA, RON.....