Author Topic: Tipping - How much do you tip?  (Read 23356 times)

tom joad

• Getbig V
Re: hebrews never tip good service
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 09:09:55 PM »
My only experience with receiving tips in my life was working at a full service gas station when I was 15.  It was in a very nice neighbourhood with many wealthy customers driving expensive cars.  Never expected to get a tip, but the few times every shift that I did, it was always from the drivers of the crappiest cars.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 09:12:59 PM »
?

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2014, 10:03:24 PM »
i got 50.00 from one such noble hebrew today christmas wishes for a good yr of 'auto srvice'on his 2 vehicles..

Is this code for g4p?
Mr. AZ 2003

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: hebrews dont tip good service
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2014, 10:05:02 PM »
Mr. AZ 2003

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2014, 10:07:27 PM »

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 10:10:54 PM »
12.5 %  ::)

May as well move into Goodrums trailer park (no offense Melvin)
I'm not working currently; in a PsyD program, no income  except investments until done. 

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2014, 05:02:22 AM »
20% for me but no problem with 10% if service really blows.  Servers have a shit job and I cannot stand cheapskates who are overly tight and skimp on tipping for good service.

For the record I live in Maine which gets a boatload of Canadian tourists in the summer months.  It is widely known that the Canadians are the worst tippers in New England and often leave nothing.  99% of these tourists are white.  The tradition of tipping for service varies wildly globally.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2014, 08:51:11 AM »
20% for me but no problem with 10% if service really blows.  Servers have a shit job and I cannot stand cheapskates who are overly tight and skimp on tipping for good service.

For the record I live in Maine which gets a boatload of Canadian tourists in the summer months.  It is widely known that the Canadians are the worst tippers in New England and often leave nothing.  99% of these tourists are white.  The tradition of tipping for service varies wildly globally.

Very surprised and ashamed to read that.
Hope you don't live in Maine east cost, had family there, boring ass place man..
?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 08:55:13 AM »
Another breaking story:

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2014, 09:13:40 AM »
What they lack in tipping, they make up for in excitement -

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/27655595/dispute-over#at_pco=cfd-1.0 .

APE907

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2014, 06:05:45 PM »
Very surprised and ashamed to read that.
Hope you don't live in Maine east cost, had family there, boring ass place man..

Boring would be extreme understatement.

I'm in central Maine.  Land of the obese, uneducated and ugly.....and you caught me on an optimistic day.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2014, 07:04:36 PM »
I tip at least 20% on the total, sometimes more. You have to be real Shitty to get 15% from me.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2014, 08:36:32 PM »

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2014, 08:41:32 PM »
I tip at least 20% on the total, sometimes more. You have to be real Shitty to get 15% from me.

First sentence, same here. Second, no. Exceptionally shitty service = zero. Fuck them.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2014, 08:58:38 PM »
Most people don't tip because they are pinching pennies and barely scraping by because all the money they will make for the rest of their lives is going towards paying off debt for things that they bought to make themselves appear rich.

Everybody's a high rolling big shot who is "in finance" until it comes time to tip, then they are scrambling for excuses to save $5

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2014, 09:22:36 PM »
First sentence, same here. Second, no. Exceptionally shitty service = zero. Fuck them.

Twice in the last month I was out with friends and got some absolute dogshit, super bitch bartenders. It felt really odd to have to purposely leave a shitty tip.

It was at this moment that I truly understood what it was like to be an African American.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2014, 09:53:38 PM »
Twice in the last month I was out with friends and got some absolute dogshit, super bitch bartenders. It felt really odd to have to purposely leave a shitty tip.

It was at this moment that I truly understood what it was like to be an African American.

Makes no sense. Tipping is specifically for good service, no? Why leave even a cent for someone being deliberately shitty? I paid for my food - the extra is not guaranteed, you entitled bitch/dick. (Never done this at a bar, mind you. No tip, you ain't getting another.)

Honestly, I've stiffed probably less than five my whole life. I overtip even if they're merely decent. It's these lazy, purposefully absent, never check on you for anything fucks I won't reward. Nothing, prick, get the message.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2014, 10:00:31 PM »
I just tipped 20 bucks on a 17$ tab.

Its Christmas you know. I support local single mothers, tip well. They give the best blowjobs.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2014, 10:16:55 PM »
I just tipped 20 bucks on a 17$ tab.

Its Christmas you know. I support local single mothers, tip well. They give the best blowjobs.

Love to serve you in a restaurant someday stud  :o

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2014, 07:13:18 AM »
Just some thoughts.

1. Outside of the US in many countries tipping doesn't take place. In the US they pay a crap hourly rate knowing tips will pay the servers.

2. A tip suppose to be in appreciation for good service not a mandatory payment.

3. I tip 20% usually. For bad service 15%. If any server expects more they can take a hike.

4. My two nieces are bar tenders in a very ordinary big beach bar and burger type place that gets packed during the summer. Wait for it. They make over a $1000 in tips a DAY in cash for working Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

5. Some of the beach bars by me the management takes all the tips in these big beach bars. All the bar tenders and waitresses have to hand over every penny of tips to the management. At the end of the night they go into their office then dish it out as they feel like it giving them self the lion share. So think about this when you tip your bar tender server. The manager  who did nothing is walking to his car with the cash.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2014, 09:54:01 AM »
They tip better than Indians and asians

E
E

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2014, 10:12:37 AM »
I am not a big tipper. It keeps wages low for service workers. Tipping was brought to America in the 1800s when predominate wealthy elitists where able to travel abroad to Europe where these elitists observed the custom taking place by other local elitists. It was never an expected custom from the general public. Over the years it caught on as an action for those to show of like an elitist. Personaly I could give two shots for the tipping custom. I do tip on occasion when traveling. I tip the bell hops where I stay not much else.
h

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2014, 10:14:59 AM »

I got bitched out by a twink bartender in New Orleans once for "only" leaving a tip of $1 per drink.

He was likely jealous of my muscular development.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2014, 12:21:40 PM »
I got bitched out by a twink bartender in New Orleans once for "only" leaving a tip of $1 per drink.

A dollar a drink is more than generous. What a scum bag.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2014, 12:48:18 PM »

If I order a $5 beer I leave a dollar for standard service. If my chick orders some martini mojito Fugazzi drink that requires extra prep I'll throw $2. Or just 20-25% if we rack up a tab, but that isn't often. That's more than fair IMO.