Author Topic: Who Will WWE drop the ball on in 2015  (Read 65982 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Who Will WWE drop the ball on in 2015
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 03:41:24 PM »
6 days in an they are dropping the ball on my boy Ziggy and Ambrose is losing every match.

The thought process is supposedly to make Bray hot to potentially face Taker at WM......uggh

What is so special about defeating Taker at Mania anymore?
The paradigm is over.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2015, 06:36:39 PM »
Every year I post who will be breakout star of the year...

for 2105 who will WWE miss the ball on?

2014 goes to Caesaro.....if anyone listened to Vince/Austin podcast.....was asked what is up with Caesaro and Vince's response....not sure maybe cuz he's swiss??? What?!!! He is so over right now, can do one move and the fans will continue to love him

2015....hmm........I say Sami Zayn, Ziggler or Wyatt

While watching the New Japan Wrestle Kingdom, I thought about which WWE guys would do well, over there. Cesaro was the first guy who came to mind. His style would go over well, in Japan.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »
WWE brass predicted Roman Reigns but aside from his athletics and look, his promos are quickly turning him into quicksand. I believe he will flounder.

Look out for Seth Rollins....he get's "it".  ;)

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2015, 03:27:11 PM »
WWE brass predicted Roman Reigns but aside from his athletics and look, his promos are quickly turning him into quicksand. I believe he will flounder.

Look out for Seth Rollins....he get's "it".  ;)

Problem is Reign's promos are overly scripted and it is not his words....to a point I cannot fault him. He is supposed to be a kick ass guy, give him less lines and more physicality...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 02:53:33 PM »

What is so special about defeating Taker at Mania anymore?
The paradigm is over.
I'd rather watch Disco Inferno vs Alex Wright for the TV Title over another old man predictable Taker match.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2015, 07:05:45 PM »
I'd rather watch Disco Inferno vs Alex Wright for the TV Title over another old man predictable Taker match.

Plus, the "streak" is over. From a story line perspective, that was always the selling point. Anything with Taker now is just another match. Even if someone beats him at Mania, so what? It's been done.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2015, 03:56:55 PM »

Plus, the "streak" is over. From a story line perspective, that was always the selling point. Anything with Taker now is just another match. Even if someone beats him at Mania, so what? It's been done.
I couldn't agree more. On a side note...watch out for Seth Rollins...mark my word...he'll wind up with heyman one way or another.He reminds me of Edge when he was in his prime with Lita.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 11:38:31 AM »
I couldn't agree more. On a side note...watch out for Seth Rollins...mark my word...he'll wind up with heyman one way or another.He reminds me of Edge when he was in his prime with Lita.

Lesnar has broken ribs (sound familiar?) and Rollins has the briefcase.

Hmmmmmm......

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2015, 01:57:30 PM »
Does anyone think bringing jobbers back would help things?
$

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2015, 02:50:14 PM »
Does anyone think bringing jobbers back would help things?

WWE can't afford to do that with all the budget cuts that have happened over the past year and the cuts that are still looming in the future. That being said, I think it would be a great idea.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2015, 03:35:16 PM »
Jobbers would be great to build up guys. It focuses attention on one individual. Lets them showcase their moves. I used to love seeing a guy build up from that point to bigger matches. It also allows the company to gauge how much a character is going over w/ the crowd instead of just placing them in big matches out of nowhere.
$

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2015, 04:09:44 PM »
Jobbers would be great to build up guys. It focuses attention on one individual. Lets them showcase their moves. I used to love seeing a guy build up from that point to bigger matches. It also allows the company to gauge how much a character is going over w/ the crowd instead of just placing them in big matches out of nowhere.

It was a great and highly effective formula in the day.
I don't know how well it would work now.

Audiences/people today have much less patience. Also, they are used to seeing main-event cards on a weekly basis thanks to what started with Monday night wrestling in the mid-90's.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2015, 05:33:52 PM »
Yeah, I'm trying to view it through my -10yr old mind. As a kid I always loved the finishing moves or just seeing what style of wrestler a guy would be. I remember seeing Adam Bomb do his finisher and thinking he killed the jobber.
$

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2015, 07:23:49 PM »
They brought in jobbers for Ryback. On his podcast JR and Madden talked about having jobbers for a couple of the matches,  they have 3 hours to fill on Mondays,  just to get some young stars over. It could and should be done.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2015, 06:25:03 AM »
They brought in jobbers for Ryback. On his podcast JR and Madden talked about having jobbers for a couple of the matches,  they have 3 hours to fill on Mondays,  just to get some young stars over. It could and should be done.

Financial budget. How can they afford to pay jobbers in the long run when they're looking to make roster cuts every 6 months?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2015, 04:32:24 PM »
Financial budget. How can they afford to pay jobbers in the long run when they're looking to make roster cuts every 6 months?

True jobbers are cheap/inexpensive - at least in relation to contracted talent.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2015, 05:05:01 PM »

True jobbers are cheap/inexpensive - at least in relation to contracted talent.

Probably a silly question....does Vince allow for anyone on his active roster to have an agent?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2015, 05:09:30 PM »
Probably a silly question....does Vince allow for anyone on his active roster to have an agent?

I don't know about now, but I believe Ventura was the first to have agent representation in Barry Bloom. Piper soon followed. As of the early 2000's, many of the major players like Jericho & RVD had agents. Again, I honestly don't know about now. I've been "disconnected" directly from the business for about a decade.

Jesse Ventura set a precedent after appearing in several movies and deciding that his movie agent should represent him in pro-wrestling, too. This was after his failed attempt to unionize wrestling.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2015, 05:10:35 PM »
Bloom has represented quite a few big-time wrestlers over the years, including Mick Foley.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2015, 09:31:37 PM »

That is why it was the most BONEHEADED move McMahon had to end the streak, especially with the Undertaker in his Deadman gimmick. I could somewhat stomach it happening with the Biker gimmick. But, given how many times Lesnar beat 'Taker then, a loss at WrestleMania might not have had as much shock value.

WrestleMania was about three big bouts: The two world title matches and "The Streak Match" vs. Taker (unless 'Taker was involved in a title match, i.e. WM23 and WM24).

The match at WM29 was the biggest match Punk ever had. Many thought he would end the streak. I even thought it was possible until Paul Bearer died (you may recall my thread about that from two years ago).

Taker vs. Sting would have been GIGANTIC, just on hype alone. If the Deadman were able to whip himself into shape, ala 2007, LOOK OUT!!! 22-0 vs. the last WCW mohican, the vigilante.

Now, we get bupkus, unless they go Sting vs. Lesnar. And THAT only happens if they let Rollins cash MITB on the Beast.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2015, 03:54:46 PM »
The Undertaker losing the streak was a brilliant move on McMahon's part. Taker was / is OLD and healthwise he can no longer do it. Who better to lose to than a phenomenal athlete who to top it off was a wrecking machine in UFC? It was perfect and a great way for the Undertaker to walk away and pass the torch. You need a monster opponent to defeat the Undertaker and Brock with Heyman in his corner was perfect. Everyone got tired of seeing the predictable streak and an aging Undertaker. It was completely played out. Its the element of surprise folks...it was brilliant because no one expected it. Its also What Taker wanted.

What I would like to see?

If someway somehow Daniel Brian faces Brock in a David versus Goliath story and with outside interference wins the match and Rollins out of no where cashes in. Again...the element of surprise. DB had his chance last WM and you can't do the same show twice and have him win...Rollins winning and then becoming the new Heymen guy is brilliant business.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2015, 09:01:05 PM »

Most job guys are doing it for the exposure and opportunity,  for most getting backstage and comped to the show is enough. It's like being an intern for a fortune 500 company, any money you get is a huge plus. It's not much more than $100, unless they're interested in bringing you in.

If the WWE was EVER concerned with paying a job guy..... they might as well turn out the lights because the party's over.

MusselFreek

• Getbig III
  • Go Beserk!
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2015, 03:47:39 AM »
Jeff Hardy was a jobber before he made it big time... took him a long time to become Big name...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2015, 06:05:47 PM »
Jeff Hardy was a jobber before he made it big time... took him a long time to become Big name...
Absolutely. Hardy jobbed for about 7 years straight before even getting a lower to mid-card spot. Once he made it big he became one of the bigger earners and with leverage. TNA signed him for 750,000.

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2015, 06:38:45 AM »
Absolutely. Hardy jobbed for about 7 years straight before even getting a lower to mid-card spot. Once he made it big he became one of the bigger earners and with leverage. TNA signed him for 750,000.

Huh? 7 years a jobber?? With who, WWE?

Hardy was part of prolific tag team with his brother starting at age 21 years old. How can you be a jobber when you're winning tag team titles? When was he ever a jobber, let alone for 7 years? Even in his mid 20's as a singles competitor he was challenging Undertaker for the world title in a ladder match.