Author Topic: Do it with Dumbbells !  (Read 3130 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Do it with Dumbbells !
« on: February 26, 2015, 06:13:40 AM »
lack of money or space, no excuse. Couple of Rods and plates, Homemade Bench and you´re good to go.http://ditillo2.blogspot.de/2009/11/heavy-dumbbell-training-anthony-ditillo.html

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Do it with Dumbbells !
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 06:47:52 AM »
You can get it done in a postage stamp size area with a bench with a chin/dip attachment and adjustable dumbbells.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 07:31:32 AM »
You can get it done in a postage stamp size area with a bench with a chin/dip attachment and adjustable dumbbells.
Yeah i decided to just use DBs today... two old rods i have. Got stacks of plates for them.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 06:04:39 PM »
I used fixed hex dumbbells for my 80 to 100lbs. 10lbs to 20lbs are also hex. For all the weights between I make them with dumbbell bars with spin lock collars on a waist high bench. It's really quick. Plus I can make small increases because I have one pound plates. I actually have enough weight to make 110lbs dumbbells with the spin lock dumbbell bars but I have no need for that weight at this stage of the game.

Making dumbbells if you have a waist high platform with a pile of weight plates with spin lock dumbbells is pretty quick. Some guys want to know how you kick them up with your thighs for such things as the dumbbell incline press. You can actually angle the exposed bar out of the way with no problem so the plate portion is on the thigh. Never was an issue.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 10:46:58 AM »
DB's get no respect anymore for full body work. They can produce minor miracles when used correctly. DB's also allow a much better natural motion (either push or pull) for the wrist, elbows and shoulders than a fixed grip BB ever could. One example would be that many shoulders, elbows and wrist might have been saved if DB's, rather than the fixed grip BB  for benching, had been used. Can also get a better stretch with a pair of DB's.

Can be more creative with DB's. With benching might suggest See-Saw DB benches. Lay on a bench, with a pair of DB's, and first press the right one up. As that is lowered, begin starting the left one up..than right, etc..alternating each arm. Both in a See-Saw motion. This also works exceptionally well when doing See Saw DB overhead presses...a great movement for improved muscle mass on the delts. Can also do DB benches, one arm at a time. Some athletes use these in training, insuring equal balance and strength in each arm..

Good luck.

Good Luck.
F

Rammstein

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 08:48:03 AM »
http://mucuzeal.blog.com/2012/02/03/the-lost-art-of-dumbbell-training/

Just noticed the clips don't work. Maybe you can find them somewhere else.