Author Topic: Today's Club DJs are utter shit fakes  (Read 7204 times)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
Re: Today's Club DJs are utter shit fakes
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 03:22:58 PM »
Saw John Digweed at both Pacha and Space in Ibiza 2001.(among many, many other top DJ's) Up close and intimate. Amazing experience and he definitely was mixing with the utmost in audible expertise.

Used to see Deep Dish all the time in D.C. when they had a residency here. Those guys are amazing producers and have worked with some huge names in the music industry.

Now 41, I haven't seen a good act in over a decade. But I'm starting to get drawn back into it very slowly.

Get more involved again and I gurantee you will find some dimes in a current pool of dj's/producers/parties. You just need to search more and be more assertive, it was easier back then, before the scene became flooded with talentless crap and commercial epic pop.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 03:36:20 PM »
Haha parties  :o :o

Stay home read electricity
A

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 03:57:58 PM »
Haha parties  :o :o

Stay home read electricity

There's a lot of electricity used in parties (for light effects, sound, etc..). You'd like it.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 06:07:19 PM »
After going to a lot of clubs over the weekend featuring some of the world's top DJs I noticed one common thing.  None of them actually DJ.  They all have Macbooks and all the music premixed and ready to go.  I noticed at one club the DJ wasn't wearing headphones and had his hands up fist pumping while I noticed the song mixing to another.  How the fuck was he doing this handless?  Mixing with his dick?  They pay these big names who just essentially make a mixed tape at home, show up and press play and get paid a shitload of money for a few hours.

Son, I was dissapoint.

Yes, they push play on an Ipod.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 06:11:02 PM »
Thank's for the offer. It'd be a looong fligh man, I'd need some MDMA to keep myself entertained during it lol (don't need any for the actual parties tho'. I love the music.)...

just speed for me... Love the music (been in shitty environments just to be in the music...) but need my speed or I can't close. But... Closing means me leaving at 10-11am next day. Will go to 4pm next day if the place stays open! So without drugs, that's not possible, neither is me dancing, lol!!!

?

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »
too bad about the "no homo" as I was about to book a ticket to Montreal.

:D
?

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 06:30:52 PM »
Yet they are perceived as very talented musicians and get lots of money, fame and worship.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 07:58:12 PM »
In the world of shitty auto tune music, and talentless artist like drake. It is only natural that DJs just push the play button on their trakor computer rig and let it mix the music for them.
A

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 04:57:31 AM »
I went to this one club once and the dj was great. Every song me and my friends were like hell yeah on of our favorites. We went back the next week or so and they had some other dude who totally sucked. Sucked so bad I wish I would have remembered his name so I could spread the word.  :-X

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 05:20:03 AM »
I go to clubs where people actually play instruments.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2015, 06:26:13 AM »
DJ's are a scam today. They just push play and maybe a couple of times mix into another song. Just complete bs. Same with many bands who have so many recorded tracks mixed in. Saw a band without a bass player but heard a bass in every song. Seeing more and more bands reading the lyrics to the song off of ipads on stands. Even wedding bands are lip syncing some of their songs. I wouldn't pay a penny to see an act like Beyonce where she lip syncs 85% of the songs but it seems generation nothing just doesn't care. Some hits on the radio are made with out single musician playing just computer generations.

Real music is outstanding. It's outstanding even with flaws.  Some people can't even listen to real music because they are so use to engineered music it sounds off to them. I saw David Sanborn the jazz saxophone guy. Every one in the band was completely top shelf from the drums, bass, guitar, keyboard and percussionist. He blew the roof off the venue with real music played by musicians.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2015, 07:29:10 AM »
I go to clubs where people actually play instruments.

ritch

• Getbig V
?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2015, 09:08:21 AM »

WoogsRaven

• Getbig III
  • Whisper sumthin nice and I'll make ya scream twice
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2015, 09:13:31 AM »
Get more involved again and I gurantee you will find some dimes in a current pool of dj's/producers/parties. You just need to search more and be more assertive, it was easier back then, before the scene became flooded with talentless crap and commercial epic pop.

Very true...I move a lot between D.C. and Baltimore so there's always parties to find.

I would very likely be the oldest person at these parties but fuck it. I always will love progressive house music.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2015, 09:24:31 AM »

This is what FB is good for. You can be in the know to all happening in your area music/party wise. You can chat up dj's you like and find some good people!
?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2015, 12:32:20 PM »
I would guess its because most of these guys are primarily producers and not DJ's but as is mentioned already, lots of pouser fakes out there too.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2015, 01:21:12 PM »
Real DJs like Jazzy Jeff is where it's at.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2015, 03:46:41 PM »
Very true...I move a lot between D.C. and Baltimore so there's always parties to find.

I would very likely be the oldest person at these parties but fuck it. I always will love progressive house music.

The thing is (with this kind of music and public who like it) - there's no "age limit", and noone cares at all, just be comfortable with yourself and chances are you will make some new friends easily.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2015, 03:48:39 PM »
This is what FB is good for. You can be in the know to all happening in your area music/party wise. You can chat up dj's you like and find some good people!

Indeed, FB is perfect for stuff like that.

oldtimer>I listen to lots of jazz and other "live" music, it's just that music can be created with a computer too now, and computer is a new instrument. Plenty of quality electornic music, you just need to get a grip of it.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2015, 07:29:16 PM »
A