Author Topic: Supreme Court to hear gay marriage cases in April  (Read 14674 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Supreme Court to hear gay marriage cases in April
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2015, 09:55:23 AM »
Get off your boss's computer and do something constructive you little juvenile idiot.  What kind of loser gets himself repeatedly banned from a message board?  lol

Come on little ignorant punk.  Do it.    :)

I have never been banned.  Timed out only once and only for 48 hours.  Ron didn't think enough of you to give me the full week you wanted, even though you whined for it for DAYS.

Now, I do have to admit this is a bit weird, as you may be showing signs of another brain cell forming.  But I had thought about my next reply to you including a remark about how I pictured you using a Clint Eastwood voice while you typed your reply.  Then you posted that video.... uncanny.     Try not to do that again.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2015, 09:59:22 AM »
I have never been banned.  Timed out only once and only for 48 hours.  Ron didn't think enough of you to give me the full week you wanted, even though you whined for it for DAYS.

Now, I do have to admit this is a bit weird, as you may be showing signs of another brain cell forming.  But I had thought about my next reply to you including a remark about how I pictured you using a Clint Eastwood voice while you typed your reply.  Then you posted that video.... uncanny.     Try not to do that again.

Like I have told you before, you will be a constructive contributor on the board, or you will not be posting here.  Whether you are banned again, or not, I will delete or alter every single post you make on this board if your antics continue.  And like I did before, I'm leaving my intentions right here on the board, so the little ignorant message board loser (i.e., you), and everyone else, knows exactly what I intend to do. 

So, buck up and act like a grownup, make positive contributions, or take a hike.  Your choice.   :)

And quit causing trouble for yourself on your employer's computer.  Not a smart move. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2015, 10:05:09 AM »
Of course you will.  That's all you can do.  Because you sure as shit can't defend your hypocrisy.

Since you already stole my Clint Eastwood reference, you will just have to do with knowing I typed this reply with my middle finger.  Best I could do for you.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2015, 10:09:04 AM »
Of course you will.  That's all you can do.  Because you sure as shit can't defend your hypocrisy.

Since you already stole my Clint Eastwood reference, you will just have to do with knowing I typed this reply with my middle finger.  Best I could do for you.

Come on little ignorant punk.  Be a positive contributor to the board.  You can do it.   :)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2015, 10:13:19 AM »
Channeling a Rick Perry theme now?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2015, 11:33:06 AM »
No shit.  It's laughable - but not really considering how stupid he is - that he cries over and over about 240 not being a real Republican while at the same time, he is so ashamed of the GOP (and himself) that he claims he isn't a Republican. 

Other than calling 240 names, he can't offer a damn thing in terms of rebuttal or counter argument to what 240 says.  Instead just opting for name calling, complete ignorance of anything posted, and silence when challenged.

And on top of that he is an administrator.

Go figure.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2015, 12:04:10 PM »
Come on little ignorant punk.  Be a positive contributor to the board.  You can do it.   :)

Oh the irony  ::)

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2015, 03:01:48 PM »
Come on little ignorant punk.  Be a positive contributor to the board.  You can do it.   :)

was 333386 / SoulCrusher a positive contributor?
was he ever banned; or just taken away to the loony bin?
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2015, 09:49:46 AM »
was 333386 / SoulCrusher a positive contributor?
was he ever banned; or just taken away to the loony bin?

Of course he was.  I didn't agree with everything he said, but he was on here literally everyday posting substantive articles. 

He was never banned, because he didn't come on here every day attacking people.  He probably just got tired of a couple people making personal attacks every single day.  I don't blame him. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »
Of course he was.  I didn't agree with everything he said, but he was on here literally everyday posting substantive articles. 

He was never banned, because he didn't come on here every day attacking people.  He probably just got tired of a couple people making personal attacks every single day.  I don't blame him. 

Holy shit!!

I have no problem with Soul but the man posted 24/7, about Obama chooming, being gay, communist spy etc etc.. Substantive articles yeah right.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2015, 10:00:35 AM »

Holy shit!!

I have no problem with Soul but the man posted 24/7, about Obama chooming, being gay, communist spy etc etc.. Substantive articles yeah right.

Yes he posted some of that fringe, tabloid stuff, but posted a lot of other substantive stuff as well. 

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2015, 02:36:07 PM »
i'd offer to blow him if he came back. anything to make him happy.
w

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2015, 05:19:11 PM »

Substantive articles? He obsessed over Obama and posted every article - true or false - that mentioned the name, followed by "FU" or comments about "chooms". He would generate dozens of nonsense posts every day - mostly drivel. He didn't make substantive posts and his contribution to substantive conversation on here was - and I'm being generous - minimal.

Yes... that's why... he got tired of being attacked ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2015, 05:38:44 PM »
Substantive articles? He obsessed over Obama and posted every article - true or false - that mentioned the name, followed by "FU" or comments about "chooms". He would generate dozens of nonsense posts every day - mostly drivel. He didn't make substantive posts and his contribution to substantive conversation on here was - and I'm being generous - minimal.

Yes, substantive articles.  He obviously hated Obama, and yes he repeatedly said "FU," "chooms," etc.

What would happen is people ignored his substantive articles, jumped on the tabloid stuff, and resorted to attacks on him personally, rather than addressing the non-tabloid articles he posted.  One or two people here got personally offended whenever he attacked Obama (which was every day). 

In any event, we can agree to disagree.  You or anyone else go through pages on the board and see what he posted. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2015, 05:41:58 PM »
Yes, substantive articles.  He obviously hated Obama, and yes he repeatedly said "FU," "chooms," etc.

What would happen is people ignored his substantive articles, jumped on the tabloid stuff, and resorted to attacks on him personally, rather than addressing the non-tabloid articles he posted.  One or two people here got personally offended whenever he attacked Obama (which was every day). 

In any event, we can agree to disagree.  You or anyone else go through pages on the board and see what he posted

That's exactly why Avxo and Whork have questioned your statement

It's completely contrary to what they (and others) have actually seen

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2015, 08:22:36 PM »

HAHAHAHA

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2015, 12:31:16 PM »
Poll: Two-thirds expect justices to legalize gay marriage
Supreme Court, Same Sex Marriage, Equal Rights

Getty Images
By Lydia Wheeler - 06/11/15

Two-thirds of Americans expect the Supreme Court to hand down a victory for gay and lesbian couples later this month and legalize same-sex marriage in all 50 states, according to a new poll conducted by the Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI).

In its Religion and Politics Tracking Survey, PRRI surveyed 1,009 adults from June 3 to June 7 to measure public opinion on same-sex marriage; the upcoming Supreme Court decision; nondiscrimination laws protecting LGBT Americans; the acceptability of small-business owners refusing services on religious grounds; and the amount of discrimination faced by gay, lesbian and transgender Americans.

The survey found that 55 percent of Americans support same-sex marriage, 65 percent expect the Supreme Court to make it legal across the country, and 62 percent feel that transgender, and gay and lesbian people face a lot of discrimination in today’s society.

Those numbers are down slightly from February 2014, when 71 percent believed transgender people, and 68 percent believed gay and lesbian people faced a lot of discrimination.

In contrasting Democrats and Republicans, PRRI found Republicans are far more likely to doubt that LGBT Americans face a lot of discrimination in the United States and are much less likely to support efforts to address it. Compared to 75 percent of Democrats, 50 percent of Republicans agree that transgender and people face are widely discriminated against.

And when it comes to laws that allow discrimination against members of the LGBT community, 60 percent of Americans said they oppose allowing small-business owners to refuse service to gay and lesbian people, even if it violates their religious beliefs.

http://thehill.com/regulation/244675-two-thirds-of-americans-expect-a-legal-same-sex-marriage-ruling-study-finds

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2015, 02:25:10 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2015, 10:09:48 AM »
'Civil War' And 'Endless Trauma': What Opponents Predict Will Happen If Marriage Equality Is Legalized
Jacob Kerr
jacob.kerr@huffingtonpost.com
Amanda Terkel
aterkel@huffingtonpost.com
Posted: 06/17/2015

WASHINGTON -- The Supreme Court will issue its decision this month in Obergefell v. Hodges, the case that could affirm that same-sex couples around the country have the constitutional right to marry.

Same-sex marriage is already legal in 37 states and the District of Columbia. But in the remaining states, gay couples are prohibited from marrying, and couples who were legally married in other states are barred from having their unions recognized in these non-marriage equality states.

If the Supreme Court affirms that same-sex couples can get married ... then same-sex couples will probably start getting married. But many opponents on the far right predict much more serious consequences, ranging from acts of civil disobedience to the collapse of civilization.

Below are some highlights. We'll update you on whether these predictions come true -- if we're still around to do so.

All Hell Is Going To Break Loose

house tom delay

"If this Supreme Court rules against marriage, all hell is going to break loose. In fact, I'm a signatory of a document that basically says you can rule any way you want to, but we're going to stand for marriage even if it takes civil disobedience." -- Former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay (R-Texas)

The Destruction Of Our Country

justice roy moore

"I think there’s an attempt to destroy the institution of marriage and I think it will cause, literally cause the destruction of our country or lead to the destruction of our country over the long run." -- Alabama Supreme Court Chief Justice Roy Moore

A Disastrous Ending

ben carson

"I believe God loves homosexuals as much as he loves everyone, but if we can redefine marriage as between two men or two women or any other way based on social pressures as opposed to between a man and a woman, we will continue to redefine it in any way that we wish, which is a slippery slope with a disastrous ending, as witnessed in the dramatic fall of the Roman Empire." -- GOP presidential candidate Ben Carson

A Civil War

james dobson

"The country can be no stronger than its families. I really believe if what the Supreme Court is about to do is carried through with, and it looks like it will be, then we’re going to see a general collapse in the next decade or two." -- Focus on the Family founder James Dobson

The End Of A Great Civilization

louie gohmert

"And this isn’t new, and it’s been tried over and over. And it’s usually tried at the end of a great civilization." -- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas)

A New Era Of Civil Disobedience

pat buchanan

"If the gay rights agenda is imposed, we could have priests and pastors preaching not acceptance but principled rejection ... The culture war in America today may be seen as squabbles in a day-care center compared to what is coming. A new era of civil disobedience may be at hand." -- Three-time presidential candidate Pat Buchanan

Our Country Will Fall

rick santorum

"The family is the bedrock of our society. Unless we protect it with the institution of marriage, our country will fall." -- GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum

An Endless Trauma

steve king

"If this court decides that they’re going to change the definition of marriage, that then throws this country into an endless trauma." -- Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa)

Civilization Won't Survive

todd akin

"Anybody who knows something about the history of the human race knows that there is no civilization which has condoned homosexual marriage widely and openly that has long survived." -- Former Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.)

Destroy Marriage

pat robertson

"This so-called lifestyle — I just can’t believe it, they have tried to destroy marriage." -- Televangelist Pat Robertson

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/17/supreme-court-gay-marriage_n_7588496.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2015, 02:07:11 PM »
Gay marriage is already legal in many other countries along with many states in the US....I wonder why all hell hasn't broken loose yet?

Has anyone seen any "endless trauma" yet?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2015, 04:30:42 PM »
Southern Baptists urged to reject any laws legalizing gay marriage
By  Todd Starnes 
Published June 17, 2015
FoxNews.com

Prepare for civil disobedience.

That’s the message one prominent pastor is sending to some 16 million members of the Southern Baptist Convention.

Jack Graham, pastor of Prestonwood Baptist Church in Texas, said American Christians should be prepared for massive fallout if the Supreme Court legalizes same-sex unions.

“We want to stay in the system,” Graham told me in a telephone interview. “We want to work in the system. We want to support our government. We want to obey its laws.”

But.

“But there’s a coming a day, I believe, that many Christians personally and churches corporately will need to practice civil disobedience on this issue.”

The foundation for such a possibility was laid Wednesday morning in Columbus, Ohio where the current and former presidents of the nation’s largest Protestant denomination sent a strong message to the country.

What would it look like if 16 million Southern Baptists engaged in civil disobedience?

“We strongly encourage all Southern Baptist pastors, leaders, educators and churches to openly reject any mandated legal definition of marriage and to use their influence to affirm God’s design for life and relationships,” the statement declared.

While affirming their love for all people – regardless of sexual orientation, the former Southern Baptist presidents said the “cannot and will not affirm the moral acceptability of homosexual behavior or any behavior that deviates from God’s design for marriage.”

“Our first duty is to love and obey God, not man,” they emphatically stated.

Graham, who was elected president in 2003 and 2004, was among those signing the statement. In all – some 35 years of Southern Baptist leadership was represented.

He told me Christians must be prepared for the aftermath of a court decision that legalizes gay marriage.

“Many people must be willing to count the cost on this,” he said.

So what would it look like if 16 million Southern Baptists engaged in civil disobedience?

“I hope we never live to find out what that looks like,” Graham told me. “There are many Christians today who are preparing if necessary to go to jail.”

I’ve known Pastor Graham for years and I’ve never known him to use hyperbole. His words and his predictions are sobering. And he hopes the Supreme Court and Washington, D.C. hear what Southern Baptists are saying.

“We want them to know our voices will be heard,” he declared.

The issue of same-sex marriage has already been addressed by attendees at the denomination’s annual meeting. Delegates, known as messengers, approved a resolution opposing gay marriage and Southern Baptist Convention President Ronnie Floyd delivering a fiery sermon vowing not to obey the court’s decision.

Graham said they are calling on Southern Baptist business owners and public sector workers to stand together as well – knowing full well they could lose their jobs and careers.

“We are concerned about Southern Baptist Christians in the marketplace – in the media and corporate world,” he said.

He related the story of a deacon in his church who politely declined participation in his company’s “diversity day.”

“He’s already been sent to human resources and he received a semi-threatening letter from the CEO,” Graham said. “It’s already happening – the punishment – the discrimination.”

Denominational leaders are warning churches and Christian schools to be prepared for potential lawsuits from LGBT activists as well as the threat of losing tax exempt status.

“The punch that is most deadly is the one you don’t see coming,” Graham said. “You need to see this coming. It’s coming your way. It’s coming to a town, a city, a university, a college, a church near you,” he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/06/17/southern-baptists-urged-to-reject-any-laws-legalizing-gay-marriage.html

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »

'Civil War' And 'Endless Trauma': What Opponents Predict Will Happen If Marriage Equality Is Legalized

Skip's Predictions:

1.  Hard core religious types will blame every stupid tiny minute problem on the fact that it was legalized no matter how absurd the connection.

2.  Nobody else will even give a flying fuck and probably not even know or care what the SCOTUS has to say.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2015, 05:16:38 PM »

Skip's Predictions:

1.  Hard core religious types will blame every stupid tiny minute problem on the fact that it was legalized no matter how absurd the connection.

2.  Nobody else will even give a flying fuck and probably not even know or care what the SCOTUS has to say.

I think they are overstating what will happen, although I doubt there will be zero consequences in the long run. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2015, 06:19:09 PM »
I think they are overstating what will happen, although I doubt there will be zero consequences in the long run. 

clearly you know nothing about history

Todd Akin on the other hand knows something about the history of the human race and that's why he knows our civilization will not survive

"Anybody who knows something about the history of the human race knows that there is no civilization which has condoned homosexual marriage widely and openly that has long survived." -- Former Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.)

BTW - does anyone here have any idea what past civilization that "condoned homosexual marriage widely and openly" Akin is referring to?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2015, 06:36:30 PM »
Apparently Louie Gohmert thinks "gay marriage" has been tried over and over.

Anybody else aware of this?

"And this isn’t new, and it’s been tried over and over. And it’s usually tried at the end of a great civilization." -- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas)

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/whfeyg/louie-gohmert-on-gays-in-the-military