Author Topic: Superbowl XLIX - New England Patriots vs Seattle Seahawks  (Read 53544 times)

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Superbowl XLIX - New England Patriots vs Seattle Seahawks
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2015, 05:01:57 AM »
Michael Irvin on GameDayFinal said they were trying to make Russell Wilson the star and take attention away from Marshawn Lynch. Therefore, justifying paying Wilson and cutting Lynch in the offseason and justifying the call.

Both men up for monster contracts, the team can only pay one.  

So maybe it's the potential crotch grab, maybe it's the money/cutting issue, maybe they just wanted to make sure the man with the game-winning play wasn't going to stonewall the reporter or say something horribly stupid for the nation.  Very possible.  

we now have hall of famer Michael irvin saying business/perception issues played into taking the ball out of beastmode's hands in the final seconds of a game at the 1/2 yard line.   Hmmmm

* and... Lynch was wide open in back of end zone on this play.  Russell was in on it too?  never even looked toward the best offenseive player on the field, who was on fire?
http://deadspin.com/seattles-game-ending-int-makes-no-sense-no-matter-how-m-1683182376

the more i think of it... the more I think Caroll/wilson didn't want Lynch to get the game winner... and grab dick... or refuse to talk to reporters... etc etc.   They wanted to win it without him.  I'm convinced.  So is Michael Irvin.   The rest of the world will catch up eventually.
Play call makes no sense. Sounds like the only logical explanation.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2015, 05:30:21 AM »
Play call makes no sense. Sounds like the only logical explanation.

LOL that this is the only "logical" explanation...

How about everybody in the stadium and even the dead Nationwide kid thought that it was gonna be Lynch down the pipe. So, Truther Pete decided to do something different. Look, if it had worked, everybody would be hailing the obvious brilliant misdirection.

Instead, a rookie CB played the slant and watched Wilson's eyes and stepped up. It's fucked, but Occam's Razor shows the most likely answer is the answer. A too-clever play call backfired. Shit happens. I am just glad that it erased that fucked up magic catch on the 12.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2015, 05:34:30 AM »

How about everybody in the stadium and even the dead Nationwide kid thought that it was gonna be Lynch down the pipe. So, Truther Pete decided to do something different. Look, if it had worked, everybody would be hailing the obvious brilliant misdirection.

Instead, a rookie CB played the slant and watched Wilson's eyes and stepped up. It's fucked, but Occam's Razor shows the most likely answer is the answer. A too-clever play call backfired. Shit happens. I am just glad that it erased that fucked up magic catch on the 12.
I was walking around the living room in disbelief after that catch.

I thought we were cursed.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2015, 05:49:29 AM »
I was seeing deja vu last night. We were this close to seeing the Patriots lose in almost the exact same way 3 times in a row.

It always starts with Brady leading the offense to a go -ahead score late in the 4th. Then, the defense buckles on the opponent's last drive, which are highlighted by a spectacular catch.

Man it was soooooo close.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2015, 05:55:58 AM »
I was seeing deja vu last night. We were this close to seeing the Patriots lose in almost the exact same way 3 times in a row.

It always starts with Brady leading the offense to a go -ahead score late in the 4th. Then, the defense buckles on the opponent's last drive, which are highlighted by a spectacular catch.

I think even God thought that it would have been too much.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2015, 06:07:11 AM »

Clever, more like stupid. Super bowl on the line with 3 chances to get in the end zone on the 5 yard line ???

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2015, 06:08:25 AM »
Clever, more like stupid. Super bowl on the line with 3 chances to get in the end zone on the 5 yard line ???

Even worse, I think they were on the one....

It was one of the biggest gifts ever.  Not saying it was a lock to score, but when you have that weapon, plus a QB who also runs well, you don't need to take that risk.  That situation was perfect for the players they had.

Carroll's trying to be a stand up guy, but he just sounded really bad.
Y

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2015, 06:09:52 AM »

Qft

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2015, 06:13:18 AM »
Everyone forgets 2 weeks ago, when the Packers gave Seattle the game with multiple dumb plays.
Happens to every team...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2015, 06:19:20 AM »
Everyone forgets 2 weeks ago, when the Packers gave Seattle the game with multiple dumb plays.
Happens to every team...

Those were physical, on the field mistakes.  This was entirely different.

Pats are still champs, regardless, but this is going down in the books as possibly the biggest coaching gaffe ever.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/01/pete-carroll-threw-away-super-bowl-with-one-stupid-decision/
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2015, 06:25:15 AM »

Pats are still champs, regardless, but this is going down in the books as possibly the biggest coaching gaffe ever.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/01/pete-carroll-threw-away-super-bowl-with-one-stupid-decision/
Now we finally get our Tyree highlight.

They will be replaying that goal line int forever.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2015, 06:36:03 AM »
Now we finally get our Tyree highlight.

They will be replaying that goal line int forever.

I guess they lost one they shouldn't have and won one they shouldn't have.....evens out.
Y

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2015, 06:40:36 AM »
I guess they lost one they shouldn't have and won one they shouldn't have.....evens out.

I still maintain that the INT miracle cancels out the reception miracle and the Pats' D, which had shut down SEA in the 4th, holds on to win in a non-miraculous world.

The right team won. Brady took them down the field for a legit go-ahead drive in the fourth.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2015, 06:42:59 AM »
I still maintain that the INT miracle cancels out the reception miracle and the Pats' D, which had shut down SEA in the 4th, holds on to win in a non-miraculous world.

The right team won. Brady took them down the field for a legit go-ahead drive in the fourth.

Nah....reception miracle was just a miraculous play.  Calling that play was just stupidity.
Y

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2015, 06:43:40 AM »

:D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2015, 06:48:46 AM »
https://vine.co/v/OtEvZjdte5D

Wow the d-back read that throw from a mile away.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2015, 06:52:25 AM »
https://vine.co/v/OtEvZjdte5D

Wow the d-back read that throw from a mile away.

Apparently, the entire Patriots' defense knew that a pass was coming because of the personnel package the 'Hawks trotted out.

http://deadspin.com/the-patriots-knew-exactly-what-was-coming-1683211802

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2015, 07:02:25 AM »
Happens to every team...

the Packers would have not made this Unbelievable Mistake......out of the top 10 most stupid risks, this one will stand the test of time......there is no way to explain it......if the play was successful, we all would say Wow, that was a Gutsy and Risky play. the question everyone is asking now is why take this HUGE risk with many other options available?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2015, 07:11:52 AM »
Apparently, the entire Patriots' defense knew that a pass was coming because of the personnel package the 'Hawks trotted out.

http://deadspin.com/the-patriots-knew-exactly-what-was-coming-1683211802

An interesting quote in that article:

"It's worth noting that Seattle burned its two timeouts earlier in the drive in situations where better-prepared offenses wouldn't have used them".

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2015, 07:17:54 AM »
An interesting quote in that article:

"It's worth noting that Seattle burned its two timeouts earlier in the drive in situations where better-prepared offenses wouldn't have used them".

That's true - they actually would have been better off taking the delay of game.
Y

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2015, 07:41:47 AM »

Agree. I can't think of a bigger bone-headed play, ever, let alone one in a Super Bowl. Maybe if I Google I can find one. Just embarrassing. 

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2015, 07:46:58 AM »
That's true - they actually would have been better off taking the delay of game.

Dunno. There is a world of difference between 1st and goal on the 1 and 2nd and goal on the 6.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2015, 07:49:40 AM »
Dunno. There is a world of difference between 1st and goal on the 1 and 2nd and goal on the 6.

I was referring to when they burned a TO at mid field.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2015, 07:50:33 AM »
Agree. I can't think of a bigger bone-headed play, ever, let alone one in a Super Bowl. Maybe if I Google I can find one. Just embarrassing. 

Yeah - the whole season boiled down to them being in a position that they may have had a better advantage  than any other team in football.  Then they chose not to use it.
Y

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2015, 07:52:27 AM »
I was referring to when they burned a TO at mid field.

Yeah, I saw that. I wondered if that would come back to haunt them. Not sure that it did really. I don't think that Carroll put his 3 plays + Lynch + 2 TOs in a calculator and it spat out "pass". I think he just wanted to be avant garde.