Author Topic: a good summary of generation nothingness  (Read 9132 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: a good summary of generation nothingness
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2015, 10:37:42 AM »
it's a shame how so many can't live life unless it's through a camera lense.

but humans haven't changed, tho, technology changes and it will create new applications for people and brings out differend beahviour. And young people easily get caught in something like this.

I mean you don't have to...

You're right, they don't have to but then as these yoot of today would say it - "Stupidity has gone viral."

These are totally self centered morons, concerned only with their fifteen minutes of fame and living in those moments without a thought for lies ahead except "...where's my phone?!"

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2015, 10:42:43 AM »
You're right, they don't have to but then as these yoot of today would say it - "Stupidity has gone viral."

These are totally self centered morons, concerned only with their fifteen minutes of fame and living in those moments without a thought for lies ahead except "...where's my phone?!"

I am nowhere near as bad as generation nothingness, but I have been making a more conscious effort not to use my cell phone when I am out in public. When I am in the privacy of my home, different story. However, when in the company of others, I've been leaving it in my pocket more.
X

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2015, 10:47:10 AM »

True. But in all honesty, who cares?

These people don't even register with me, they shouldn't with you either.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2015, 10:48:18 AM »
I am nowhere near as bad as generation nothingness, but I have been making a more conscious effort not to use my cell phone when I am out in public. When I am in the privacy of my home, different story. However, when in the company of others, I've been leaving it in my pocket more.

I gave up my personal cell phone.  I have no desire to become a cell zombie, either voluntarily or involuntarily.  I have seen entire families at a restaurant ignore one another while waiting on their food.  Not conversation at all.  Just cell phone crap.

When the food arrives they cannot bear to be without their phone for more than a few bites of food.   The parents are just as bad as their children.  

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2015, 10:49:40 AM »
True. But in all honesty, who cares?

These people don't even register with me, they shouldn't with you either.

I am just disgusted at the degradation of society in general.  This is a part of it.  Sickening, really.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 10:54:34 AM »
I gave up my personal cell phone.  I have no desire to become a cell zombie, either voluntarily or involuntarily.  I have seen entire families at a restaurant ignore one another while waiting on their food.  Not conversation at all.  Just cell phone crap.

When the food arrives they cannot bear to be without their phone for more than a few bites of food.   The parents are just as bad as their children.  

Well, cell phones can and do serve an important purpose, if used properly. Many people need their cell phones for job-related issues and some people have families and kids. Its always good to have a cell phone, especially so your significant other can reach you in case of an emergency with your kids. I don't agree with the notion that cell phones are all bad and we should do without them.

There is a big difference between using your cell phone at work or for an emergency call, compared to using your cell phone when out to dinner withyour family. You just need to balance the use of time you spend on your cell phone.  Balance is the key. But people are not good with balance. We eat too much, sleep too little, and are overworked. We care too little, and are too greedy with our needs. Like most things, you just need a balance.
X

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 12:33:33 PM »
Modern day relationship

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 12:36:21 PM »
I am becoming guilty of siting at a table with a buddy and texting. Fuck I hate myself for doing that...
?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2015, 12:41:21 PM »
I am becoming guilty of siting at a table with a buddy and texting. Fuck I hate myself for doing that...

I've been trying to make a conscious effort not do it. It's sad that most people can't even put into words what it is like to just sit with another human being because we are so overwhelmed by our cell phones and whatnot.
X

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2015, 01:24:18 PM »
What happened to the good, old family values?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2015, 01:46:12 PM »

guaranteed they posted all the selfie pics on social media and each one got at least 100 likes

E
E

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2015, 01:49:59 PM »
speaking of cell phones, i d like one like in the "old" times, that solely acts as a fucking phone and not a computer or fucking camera... Does it still exist?

you know, like those:

with modern technology they could make a phone as small as a pager, or even embed it in a watch. Id buy one immediately. I simply have no use for the other functionnalities. If i want to watch movies work or surf i simply use tv and computer.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2015, 01:52:33 PM »
speaking of cell phones, i d like one like in the "old" times, that solely acts as a fucking phone and not a computer or fucking camera... Does it still exist?

Actually Dana White carried an old flip phone for years up until very recently when he had to switch to a iPhone because there was some sort of lawsuit pending against the UFC and the laywers needed to be able to record all his text messages from here on out.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2015, 02:11:50 PM »
jerry jones uses a flip phone

E
E

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2015, 02:19:47 PM »
jerry jones uses a flip phone

E

Guys like Dana White and Jerry Jones aren't out taking selfies, searching the web and posting on facebook.

They just need something that will make calls, receive/send texts and last forever without charging.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2015, 02:26:49 PM »
at least they're not covered in tattoos which seems to be a common thing among generation nothingness

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2015, 02:34:19 PM »
at least they're not covered in tattoos which seems to be a common thing among generation nothingness

Very true!
But bet they all have tramp stamps. Let's not be too forgiving here...
?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2015, 02:39:44 PM »

i bet they each have more than 1

E
E

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2015, 03:31:51 PM »
People have been taking pictures for hundreds of  years

I like the technology. i have quite a few pics of myself in great shape from the last ten years or so.....HUNDREDS of my kid,  GF  etc.

I'm glad i have these pics, they are moments in time, like tears...in rain.  And I'm sure in ten, twenty years i'll be even more glad that i have them