Author Topic: GUN RANGE OWNER BANS MUSLIMS, BUSINESS QUADRUPLES  (Read 1272 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
GUN RANGE OWNER BANS MUSLIMS, BUSINESS QUADRUPLES
« on: January 29, 2015, 08:05:32 AM »

In the five months since Hot Springs, Arkansas, gun range owner Jan Morgan banned Muslims from her facilities, she has seen business quadruple. She has also faced threats and the prospect of lawsuits, which so far, have not materialized.

Morgan owns Gun Cave Indoor Firing Range.

According to Fox News, Morgan decided to ban Muslims after “two customers she deemed suspicious” showed up in September. Since that time, she has excluded those “she believes to be Muslim based upon their names.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/28/gun-range-owner-bans-muslims-business-quadruples/

Morgan sees it as a safety issue. She said, “We are dealing in lethal firearms. I am not going to let a Nazi shoot in here, or a Ku Klux Klan member in here, either.”

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) has written Attorney General Eric Holder asking him to intervene. In the letter, CAIR said, “Given the recent spike in anti-Muslim rhetoric, including Islamophobic statements by government officials, community leaders and media outlets, death threats, and other bias incidents targeting Muslims, I urge you to investigate this matter soon.”

CAIR argued that banning Muslims from the shooting range “is a violation of federal laws prohibiting racial and religious discrimination.”

The ACLU is also asked the DOJ to do something about Morgan’s policies, and they want to talk to any Muslim who gets turned away from Morgan’s shooting range.

But Morgan is standing her ground. She compared “offering target practice to potential terrorists to flight schools offering lessons to the 9/11 terrorists.” A caption on an image of Morgan with a gun says, “I am the infidel your imam warned you about.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: GUN RANGE OWNER BANS MUSLIMS, BUSINESS QUADRUPLES
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 09:05:54 AM »
i have no problems with this. i once saw a pair of traditionally bearded, foreign-dressed muslims at the range one time...needless to say it was something to see. stuck out like a sore thumb. and i dont blame anyone for being nervous, considering the kind of actions these people are notorious for. its a shame, and its not PC, but its reality.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 09:22:03 AM »
I'm sure Bum will be outraged by this example of paranoid anti-religious extremism

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 09:24:16 AM »
i have no problems with this. i once saw a pair of traditionally bearded, foreign-dressed muslims at the range one time...needless to say it was something to see. stuck out like a sore thumb. and i dont blame anyone for being nervous, considering the kind of actions these people are notorious for. its a shame, and its not PC, but its reality.

we probably shouldn't let Muslims have guns....you know, just so guys like you don't get nervous

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:39:29 AM »
we probably shouldn't let Muslims have guns....you know, just so guys like you don't get nervous

if they are a law-abiding american citizens they should have the same rights as any other american.

but if the owner of this private esablishment feels uncomfortable with gun-toting muslims at her business, thats her choice to not serve them.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 09:41:56 AM »
if they are a law-abiding american citizens they should have the same rights as any other american.

but if the owner of this private esablishment feels uncomfortable with gun-toting muslims at her business, thats her choice to not serve them.

if her gun range is a club then I think she can exclude any one she wants

Still though, if she is excluding them based solely on their religion then I would expect our board member who are constantly pissing and moaning about religious discrimination to be outraged by this.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2015, 10:11:13 AM »

In the five months since Hot Springs, Arkansas, gun range owner Jan Morgan banned Muslims from her facilities, she has seen business quadruple. She has also faced threats and the prospect of lawsuits, which so far, have not materialized.

Morgan owns Gun Cave Indoor Firing Range.

According to Fox News, Morgan decided to ban Muslims after “two customers she deemed suspicious” showed up in September. Since that time, she has excluded those “she believes to be Muslim based upon their names.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/28/gun-range-owner-bans-muslims-business-quadruples/

Morgan sees it as a safety issue. She said, “We are dealing in lethal firearms. I am not going to let a Nazi shoot in here, or a Ku Klux Klan member in here, either.”

The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) has written Attorney General Eric Holder asking him to intervene. In the letter, CAIR said, “Given the recent spike in anti-Muslim rhetoric, including Islamophobic statements by government officials, community leaders and media outlets, death threats, and other bias incidents targeting Muslims, I urge you to investigate this matter soon.”

CAIR argued that banning Muslims from the shooting range “is a violation of federal laws prohibiting racial and religious discrimination.”

The ACLU is also asked the DOJ to do something about Morgan’s policies, and they want to talk to any Muslim who gets turned away from Morgan’s shooting range.

But Morgan is standing her ground. She compared “offering target practice to potential terrorists to flight schools offering lessons to the 9/11 terrorists.” A caption on an image of Morgan with a gun says, “I am the infidel your imam warned you about.

That's probably only because they haven't found someone who has actually been turned away and wants to complain, but it's coming. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2015, 10:15:26 AM »
That's probably only because they haven't found someone who has actually been turned away and wants to complain, but it's coming.  

so is this a case of paranoid anti-religious extremism that you're ok with or not?

think about it for a moment

if a muslim in america can easily get a gun and probably even a permit to carry it around then the place where that muslim would be the least dangerous would be a gun range where everyone else is armed so the only argument for denying them access is based on their chosen religion and not any actual increased threat or danger

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2015, 10:23:11 AM »
This is wrong, banning people based on their name and/or religion.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2015, 10:24:25 AM »
This is wrong, banning people based on their name and/or religion.

I agree. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2015, 10:46:44 AM »
:o  :o  :o

House passes legislation making lying about military service a crime
Published September 13, 2012
Associated Press

WASHINGTON –  Those who lie about military service or make false claims about receiving military medals with the intent of benefiting from those claims would be committing a crime under legislation passed by the House Wednesday.

The House's 410-3 vote on what is known as the Stolen Valor Act came less than three months after the Supreme Court struck down the original act on the grounds that it violated First Amendment free speech rights.

The new bill attempts to get around the court ruling by making clear that it applies only in cases where people lie about a military record with the aim of obtaining payment or other benefits.

"Defining the intent helps ensure that this law will pass constitutional scrutiny while at the same time achieving its primary objective, which is to preserve and protect the honor and integrity of military service and awards," said the bill's sponsor, Rep. Joe Heck, R-Nev.

The bill states that those who misrepresent their military service with the intent of receiving something of value would be subject to up to one year in prison. Following the lines of the court ruling, it exempts from punishment those who simply wear military medals or decorations that do not belong to them.

The Supreme Court, in its 6-3 decision overturning the 2006 Stolen Valor Act in June, ruled that while lying about receiving military awards might be contemptible, it was protected by the First Amendment. Several justices, however, also noted that it was established that the government could restrict speech if it involved false claims made to obtain money or other benefits.

Even before the 2006 act, enacted at the height of the fighting in Iraq, it was a federal crime to wear unearned medals. But there was no law banning claims of being decorated.

Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, speaking at a House hearing a month after the court ruling, said the Pentagon was launching a new website listing the names of those who had received the Medal of Honor since the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. He said the website could be expanded to include other recipients of military valor awards and medals.

The legislation now moves to the Senate, where Sen. Scott Brown, R-Mass., has introduced a companion bill.

"We cannot allow thieves and fraudsters to profit by falsely claiming the distinctions our heroes have earned," Brown said in a statement. "I will continue working in a bipartisan way to see this bill through the Senate."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/13/house-passes-legislation-making-lying-about-military-service-crime/

Really?  You volunteered for which Army?  The United States, France, or Denmark?  Or all three?   :o

Denmark. The International Brigade.

Who is keeping score?  That's pretty dumb.  I'm interested to know when you served?  You don't seem like the military type, so that surprised me. 

I didnt serve. I voluntered but they would have me because of my criminal record.

Your turn.

Why didnt you serve?

So it turns out that not only did you lie about being from Denmark (or the U.S. or France, or whatever), you also lied about serving in the "International Brigade." 

I plugged that name into Google and look what I found:  "In the Danish Defence agreement 2005–2009, the brigade was to be dissolved and the Brigade thereby official ceased to exist on February 15, 2005."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_International_Brigade

In other words, the International Brigade doesn't even exist.  Unless of course you claim to have served (or tried to serve) before 2005? 

Let's keep the lies straight here.  lol

:-\

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2015, 11:09:58 AM »
:o  :o  :o

exactly

notice how Bum only agreed after Loco stepped up first

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 11:16:26 AM »
As a business you have the right to refuse business to ANYONE.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 11:18:24 AM »
exactly

:'(

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 11:35:02 AM »
As a business you have the right to refuse business to ANYONE.

tell that to that bakery that refused to make a cake  :D

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 11:50:38 AM »
As a business you have the right to refuse business to ANYONE   unless a liberal activist is offended, then they will be crucified in the media and the court system

fixed

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 12:13:49 PM »
if you lose in the court system it's probably because it's against the law,god damn laws  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 12:17:15 PM »
tell that to that bakery that refused to make a cake  :D

Yeah, court or not. I'm not sacrificing my principals because libs whine like little bitches because they can't get their way. Go ahead, sue me.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 12:19:46 PM »
Wish I lived in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2015, 12:32:59 PM »
exactly

Bum is a coward. No wonder he posts about conservative ideals so much. Its because he can never achieve them.

He never served in the military i am still waiting for an answer why.

My bet is he is just as big a coward in real life as he is here.