Author Topic: How many npc competitors do you know?  (Read 833 times)

Yanin

• Getbig III
How many npc competitors do you know?
« on: August 06, 2017, 02:09:49 AM »
...personally, I figure at my 24hr fitness alone there are about 5-7 people that compete on a regular basis. Coming nowhere near 1st call outs.. and yea I also know a couple "nq" competitors desperate for a pro card. Now comes the question, I could understand wanting to do at least 1 or 2 shows..but these people are not even placing and just flodding the contest.. what is the end game for a competitor?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: How many npc competitors do you know?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 05:16:15 AM »
I actually know 2 pro card holders, one man and one woman, both in physique.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 06:30:55 AM »
...personally, I figure at my 24hr fitness alone there are about 5-7 people that compete on a regular basis. Coming nowhere near 1st call outs.. and yea I also know a couple "nq" competitors desperate for a pro card. Now comes the question, I could understand wanting to do at least 1 or 2 shows..but these people are not even placing and just flodding the contest.. what is the end game for a competitor?
Maybe it gives them motivation to train, sometimes having a goal of competing will keep someone focused, rather then just training, it might keep people staying on their diet and what not. I mean, look at people who run marathons, not all of them are even concerned about winning the race, it's just enjoying the training and having a goal/purpose behind the training.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 07:24:20 AM »
I have 2 pros who are willing to help me out and another amatuer buddy said he will help me out, what would shut getsmall professional typist down more than cswol hitting the stage at 250 with cuts and winning the masters division, even if I place top 2 at the mr. LA next year i still qualify for the USA and north americans...........dont know if i can handle the dieting come next year but gona give it a shot! Training starts today!

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 07:26:26 AM »
Usually they have a relationship with a guru, trainer, promoter ,or judge (usually wear the same hat in NPC)
And the other competitors too know that you have to have people compete

They need people to buy the fart powders and pay to play for the plastic trophy 🏆

The end game for those people is an instagram page that on the surface looks like they compete a lot - on stage solo diff shots, 'yea that's me in Atlanta, that's me in Philly - I posed to fckn Metallica that show brah". All the while your thinkin to yourself 'the big dude that does heavy squats has better legs than this clown on his best day after a 12 week diet ?'

Gets them clients , gets them attention !!!!!! Esp in a small town or gym - shits yea

And like dude said above -- when people ask them 'why do you do all this ' like it's not normal , they can justify the use of redneck bathtub testosterone as a means to 'compete' and 'helps me diet/train better for a show' ,,,,.burns through cash supply of not replenished often is key

Yanin

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 03:35:41 PM »
I can only dream of having a big sponsorship from a fart powder company, funny enough most people with sponsorship don't even or never have even competed