Author Topic: BigRo, what is going on here?  (Read 40668 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: BigRo, what is going on here?
« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2015, 02:59:31 PM »
Gotcha.  Good info.

I would have bet that thing would have had at least one jam firing that many shots.
a

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2015, 03:07:16 PM »
Gotcha.  Good info.

I would have bet that thing would have had at least one jam firing that many shots.

The base Glock action is actually pretty fucking robust. With clean ammo, you can run it until the barrel melts.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2015, 03:19:17 PM »
AJ just curious, what's the practical purpose of having a suppressor? Or is it just for the novelty?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2015, 03:24:22 PM »
AJ whats it like owning a gun, does it call to you sometimes like Saurons ring, to be used, do you mentally imagine circumstances where you will use it, does it make your life more peaceful having it?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2015, 03:27:05 PM »
AJ whats it like owning a gun, does it call to you sometimes like Saurons ring, to be used, do you mentally imagine circumstances where you will use it, does it make your life more peaceful having it?

I'm not AJ but I will say its a very secure feeling knowing I could protect myself and my family  to a greater extent should I find myself in a sketchy situation, God forbid.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2015, 03:38:02 PM »
AJ just curious, what's the practical purpose of having a suppressor? Or is it just for the novelty?

The neighbors appreciate it.

Seriously, I am a mechanical geek and the acoustic design of modern suppressor baffles is a work of art.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2015, 03:41:30 PM »

Seriously, I have seen people die from gun shot wounds and I wouldn't wish that guilt on anyone. I pray that I never again have the opportunity to use it and I also pray that should the need arise, I will have the strength to shoot straight and wise.

As I have mentioned in the past, I am a man of peace and never more so than when I am armed. The ability to end any confrontation instantly and violently is a terrible responsibility and one I take very seriously.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2015, 03:57:45 PM »
thanks for sharing...it is a terrible responsibility. Most people in Ireland do not carry a firearm for personal or home protection, do you think it is needed in America?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2015, 07:26:48 PM »
thanks for sharing...it is a terrible responsibility. Most people in Ireland do not carry a firearm for personal or home protection, do you think it is needed in America?

Definately needed in America.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2015, 07:30:15 PM »

It depends on where you live. Where I am now, in rural NH, probably not so much. Especially on my property with the dogs, etc.

In the past I've lived in FL and it was a necessity down there.

That said, I am not one to let skills get too rusty.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2015, 08:16:48 PM »
Definately needed in America.
scary thought.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2015, 09:35:41 PM »
Also, people need to realize that police really do not prevent or stop crimes, they are there to catch or find whoever did them after they occur.

So yes, protection is needed, especially if you live in an area where Police response time could be 30 minutes or more.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: February 10, 2015, 12:46:15 AM »
Also, people need to realize that police really do not prevent or stop crimes, they are there to catch or find whoever did them after they occur.

So yes, protection is needed, especially if you live in an area where Police response time could be 30 minutes or more.

are there stats about how many shooting there are each year

involving home owners protecting their property from burglars
T

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #188 on: February 10, 2015, 12:49:25 AM »
King Ro aka BigPro

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #189 on: February 10, 2015, 10:47:31 AM »

Exactly!

I always mention this to anti-gun people when they tell me i should just call the cops when i'm in a bad situation.  Depending on where you live, the response time varies greatly.  In certain parts of Houston, there are thousands of thugs and gang members with lots of guns.  Might as well even the odds a bit IMO.

I've been in a situation where a gun would have made life easier.  I was attacked by a group of thugs with crowbars that were trying to rob my girlfriend and i.  Lucky for me i saw them coming and got in the car before they could club one of us.  Almost ran them over on the way out of the parking garage.  Imagine if they got to us before i could get in the car?  I was lucky enough to be within 30 feet of my car when they charged.  Call the cops? lol i tried to run the fuckers over.

8)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #190 on: February 10, 2015, 10:49:43 AM »
Exactly!

I always mention this to anti-gun people when they tell me i should just call the cops when i'm in a bad situation.  Depending on where you live, the response time varies greatly.  In certain parts of Houston, there are thousands of thugs and gang members with lots of guns.  Might as well even the odds a bit IMO.

I've been in a situation where a gun would have made life easier.  I was attacked by a group of thugs with crowbars that were trying to rob my girlfriend and i.  Lucky for me i saw them coming and got in the car before they could club one of us.  Almost ran them over on the way out of the parking garage.  Imagine if they got to us before i could get in the car?  I was lucky enough to be within 30 feet of my car when they charged.  Call the cops? lol i tried to run the fuckers over.

8)

The old saying is "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!"

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #191 on: February 11, 2015, 12:49:10 AM »
King Ro aka BigPro

Looks quite tranquil. Thats very good thing.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #192 on: February 11, 2015, 03:53:23 AM »