Author Topic: Take the True Adonis Getbig Mile challenge!  (Read 7294 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
Re: Take the True Adonis Getbig Mile challenge!
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2015, 12:56:54 AM »
"Don't exercise too much or too hard"  Yes this is exactly the message our fit and healthy general population needs to hear.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2015, 02:47:42 AM »
Doctor Ken Cooper who has done more research on aerobic cardio exercise than just about anyone put it simply. He said in effect if you are running more than 3 miles a day you are doing it to become a better athlete and not necessarily to increase your health.  

Cardio has prevented more heart attacks than it has caused. The first thing Doctors have you do in cardiac rehab is cardio exercise.

Cardio  can do the following things for your health.

Lower your resting heart rate that illustrates your heart muscle is stronger.

Low blood fats as in triglycerides.

Lower visceral fat that causes metabolic problems like diabetes.

Lower high blood sugar

In many it can lower blood pressure

It can change the ratios of HDL and LDL for the better.

Lower subcutaneous fat.

Running can increase bone density.

Many report lower incidence of depression after starting a cardio routine

Can lower cholesterol from less visceral fat that can lead to metabolic problems causing a liver to produce more cholesterol.

Increases capillaries alternate pathways in the blood supplies to the heart that can spell the difference between life and death when a blockage occurs.

Cardio can lower inflammation which many doctors believe the C reactive protein test can be a predictor of risk for heart problems.

That's all I can think of for now. Is cardio activities like running a cure all? Obviously no, but it can lower the risk factors and in life putting the odds in your favor is always a wise move.

I agree...

I run 5k at a time - sometimes but rarely 10k.

5k is just over 3 miles and for me a good time is just over 22 minutes. That's with low humidity - LA coast, Chicago. In Thailand when it's very humid, it's more like 24:10.

Last time I was in hospital (vasectomy), I was in the recovery room and the machine kept buzzing because my resting heart rate was 39-43 BPM.

When I tell people I run 5k and it takes 22 minutes they usually tell me "that's not even a warm up" or "there's no point exercising less than 30 minutes".

When I go mountain biking it's for an hour or so - but that's a more leisurely activity - more to clear my head and think than anything else.

But running long distances? Not for me - not at 44 years old. I don't see the point in all the wear & tear.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2015, 02:50:38 AM »
Has to be said - treadmill running at a certain speed takes less effort that free running the same speed.

Fairly simple - when you go out for a run, the ground is not moving beneath your feet. You are putting in 100% of the effort.

With a treadmill, the floor moves beneath you - so the treadmill is providing a lot of the energy for your run.

Not a huge issue - just crank up the treadmill a bit.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2015, 03:01:46 AM »
I run a halv maraton every weekend, and 2 shorter 60-70minutes run twice/week on the treadmil and then do some ass to grass squats with 200pound! All other days I lift weight!

I do barefoot running in fivefingers. Legs hips knee total free from soreness. Calves stil hurt some! But getting better. Actually its so hard on the calves ankel/feet that after 8 moths of doing it 3 times /week my body is stil not strong enough. I get sore! Think I need atleast 12 more months to get adapted!

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2015, 03:04:53 AM »
Has to be said - treadmill running at a certain speed takes less effort that free running the same speed.

Fairly simple - when you go out for a run, the ground is not moving beneath your feet. You are putting in 100% of the effort.

With a treadmill, the floor moves beneath you - so the treadmill is providing a lot of the energy for your run.

My speed is always faster outside than on the threadmil! Just saying...

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2015, 03:38:31 AM »
My speed is always faster outside than on the threadmil! Just saying...

Try 80% humidity..

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2015, 06:06:57 AM »
long distance running = fucking stupid

I did 12 - 18 mile runs year ago. At best I ran the 12 miles in one hour 26 minutes, and 18 miles in 2 hours sharp. Lots of uphills. Twice a week I'd do this.

I didn't become at all stronger, I only got a serious endorfin rush after every run, maybe some bragging rights and lower back akes but I didn't really gain shit.

Now last week I decided to start sprinting again since 2011 summer or something. It was awesome, I felt powerful, agile and energetic. And it seems my oxygen uptake has already improved a little and my legs looked awesome. Of course there's some dark clouds above me, again, because my left knee hurts from the front if I put any presure on it. I hope it goes away fast because sprinting = the way!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2015, 06:35:21 AM »
I find the key is just to mix it up.

I like mixing individual miles between push up / pull up cycles....sometimes it's a fast 2 mile, a 5k, or occasionally I'd do 10 miles followed by a 5k ruck......trails, hills, tracks, turf.....just keep moving.  It will work out fine.

Sprint intervals mixed in, all that shit.  It's all good.
Y

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2015, 06:38:00 AM »

I did 12 - 18 mile runs year ago. At best I ran the 12 miles in one hour 26 minutes, and 18 miles in 2 hours sharp. Lots of uphills. Twice a week I'd do this.

I didn't become at all stronger, I only got a serious endorfin rush after every run, maybe some bragging rights and lower back akes but I didn't really gain shit.

Now last week I decided to start sprinting again since 2011 summer or something. It was awesome, I felt powerful, agile and energetic. And it seems my oxygen uptake has already improved a little and my legs looked awesome. Of course there's some dark clouds above me, again, because my left knee hurts from the front if I put any presure on it. I hope it goes away fast because sprinting = the way!

Sprinting is nice if your under 30 years old. I can bet my left ball u dont do this regular for 1-2 years in a row. U just dont! Its just happines for the moment, fun 5-10times, then its, oh no, not this shit again! Better to find a way to can keep the consistancy for years, all life! That is running with low or medium intensity and maybe some faster intevall when u feel for it! The main problem with interval is that people doing them 100% till they puke and brag about it, this is not sustainabel. U need to do them like 95% of your max, they should not be uncomfartabel, otherwise you wont last long and quit your training when motivation goes down.

Always get satisfied looking myself in the mirror :D 6"3 195 pound, ripped slim, drugfree 36yrs old! No diet, only hard work!

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2015, 06:49:37 AM »
Sprinting is nice if your under 30 years old. I can bet my left ball u dont do this regular for 1-2 years in a row. U just dont! Its just happines for the moment, fun 5-10times, then its, oh no, not this shit again! Better to find a way to can keep the consistancy for years, all life! That is running with low or medium intensity and maybe some faster intevall when u feel for it! The main problem with interval is that people doing them 100% till they puke and brag about it, this is not sustainabel. U need to do them like 95% of your max, they should not be uncomfartabel, otherwise you wont last long and quit your training when motivation goes down.

Always get satisfied looking myself in the mirror :D 6"3 195 pound, ripped slim, drugfree 36yrs old! No diet, only hard work!

I could sprint all the time if I didn't get injured. Resting and healing is important, but I believe sprinting is the best form of running. It also makes it shit easy to keep lean/ripped. All these 20 minute 40 minute tredmillers are dellusional, they have no idea how much more work you cand do in shorter running time.

If one takes time off from sprinting I wouldn't do jogging 'for recovery', rather swim, anything but jog :D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2015, 06:51:22 AM »
Most of the time I run it's after a workout, I run as fast as possible but not a sprint because all my running is on trails.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2015, 07:20:25 AM »

Agreed.

When you can take copious amounts of drugs, ruin your heart, liver and kidneys for a few hours parading on stage wearing a sparkly thong in front of an audience of homosexuals and be rewarded with a $20 plastic trophy and a check that covers 1/10th of your drug bill.

Running is just plain silly.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2015, 07:21:50 AM »
Congratulations Mr Canuck.

You get the prize for freezing your balls off .
I'm such a dumbass and ran inside on a treadmill and didn't freeze. ::)

Maybe you'll die a heroic death someday when a polar bear eats you while running on an iceberg.

pussy boy.
?

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2015, 07:40:54 AM »
I run every two days on the threadmill but imo, to have an equivalent to an outside run, you need to set the incline at 2%. I know the conversion charts show otherwise but base on my pace, I would say it is about right.

6:30-7:00 for a mile is a very respectable time imo. People will tell you those are pussy times but for overall athletic balance, I think these are good times... It give you a 1,5 mile time of about 10 minutes which are in the "excellent" category for the PRT...

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2015, 07:42:47 AM »
I agree...

I run 5k at a time - sometimes but rarely 10k.

5k is just over 3 miles and for me a good time is just over 22 minutes. That's with low humidity - LA coast, Chicago. In Thailand when it's very humid, it's more like 24:10.

Last time I was in hospital (vasectomy), I was in the recovery room and the machine kept buzzing because my resting heart rate was 39-43 BPM.

When I tell people I run 5k and it takes 22 minutes they usually tell me "that's not even a warm up" or "there's no point exercising less than 30 minutes".

When I go mountain biking it's for an hour or so - but that's a more leisurely activity - more to clear my head and think than anything else.

But running long distances? Not for me - not at 44 years old. I don't see the point in all the wear & tear.

Moderate-distance high-intensity running (e.g. a hard 5k, 400-m repeats, etc.) is among the most beneficial exercises imho.

This is not really correct though.  When running on ground you have to do work on the ground or else to don't go anywhere.  On a treadmill you have to do work on the treadmill or else you fall off the treadmill.  Treadmill running is not equivalent to outdoor running but notion that treadmills do work for you somehow is false.

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2015, 07:48:12 AM »
I'm pretty sure the motion is almost the same threadmill vs outside

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7421475

I'm 5'8 185 so swimmer all the way lol

I used to get discouraged all the time when I started running because of the internet warriors telling things like "yeah, 12 mph is not that fast blah blah balh". Especially at letsrun.com. I hate those arrogant pricks. In any case, the first time I went to 12mph everybody at the gym stopped to watch me... Like everyone claiming a 315 bench but when someone really does it, people stop to stare at him...

So anyways Howard, just do what you can do and build up from there. In one year, you will be amazed of your progress. Even for old timers like us!

devilsmile

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2015, 07:58:09 AM »
Agreed.

When you can take copious amounts of drugs, ruin your heart, liver and kidneys for a few hours parading on stage wearing a sparkly thong in front of an audience of homosexuals and be rewarded with a $20 plastic trophy and a check that covers 1/10th of your drug bill.

Running is just plain silly.

I spesifically said long distance running is stupid, but I praised sprinting. Don't be a baby.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2015, 12:57:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure the motion is almost the same threadmill vs outside

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7421475

I'm 5'8 185 so swimmer all the way lol

I used to get discouraged all the time when I started running because of the internet warriors telling things like "yeah, 12 mph is not that fast blah blah balh". Especially at letsrun.com. I hate those arrogant pricks. In any case, the first time I went to 12mph everybody at the gym stopped to watch me... Like everyone claiming a 315 bench but when someone really does it, people stop to stare at him...

So anyways Howard, just do what you can do and build up from there. In one year, you will be amazed of your progress. Even for old timers like us!

But of course...LOL.

Same as posting a pic here and picless testicle lickers criticizing it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 02:28:10 PM »
I am going to do my running tonight at 18 degrees.  Love that burst of cold air in the lungs.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 02:45:51 PM »
I know the feeling.  :)

Hey TA, your reply reminds me how much I miss my old regular runs.
I'm in piss poor running shape now, but I've started back at least.
A mile every day for you.  Keep at it.  You will be good to go in no time.  Just make sure you are making it difficult for yourself.  Afterall, its only a mile and over before you know it.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2015, 03:13:39 PM »