Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Wrestling Board
Stuff That Takes You Out of the Match
(1/8) > >>
Thin Lizzy:
Whenever a wrestler has his opponent against the ropes or in the corner, and is about to whip him across the ring, you almost always see him whisper into the other wrestler's ear. While we know it's a work, this ruins the suspension of disbelief.
WoogsRaven:

--- Quote from: Thin Lizzy on February 05, 2015, 05:55:30 PM ---Whenever a wrestler has his opponent against the ropes or in the corner, and is about to whip him across the ring, you almost always see him whisper into the other wrestler's ear. While we know it's a work, this ruins the suspension of disbelief.

--- End quote ---

You see it all the time on RAW. Especially now since every network has gone to High Def. But not only that, the WWE shows are playing before smaller audiences that have no juice. Hardly any good pops or good heel heat nowadays. You can pick up nearly every sound made by the wrestlers during a match.

ritch:
when a guy gets picked up, turned upside down in the corner, yet is suddenly "trapped" can't get down or out of the corner. That is just soooo stupid and have to laugh at that shit.

Or when the guy gets wipped into the ropes but keeps running back and forth until he gets clobbered. Soooo stupid.

Playboy:
Botches...especially when its done by WWE standards today a top tier performer.
BroadStreetBruiser:
For me these days when I've watched is interference during a match. Just someone coming out. I'm fine w/ a run to the ring and stomping but the whole theme music, self jerking off slow walk just makes me change the channel.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version