Author Topic: Down sizing what would you do  (Read 7088 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Down sizing what would you do
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2015, 09:09:15 PM »
WTF  you didn't learn shit ,you married your second wife after dating for 5 month,basically you guys don't even know each other.

Navy Mike is taking after our resident Howard. :-)
X

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2015, 09:11:01 PM »
Put 1k a year into ira account
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2015, 09:11:22 PM »
Okay Gollum, if you say so. Shouldn't you and your Olsen twin wrists be scrubbing toilets?
I should be making a Candy Bar Tart.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2015, 09:11:40 PM »
Navy Mike is taking after our resident Howard. :-)

Turning homo?

Core

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2015, 09:20:35 PM »
Smart.

Whats smarter is to not give a shit what car you drive and pick up a mid 00's toyota or honda sedan for 5k and have cheap insurance payments and insane gas milage.

If you're trying to save money, the last thing you want is a 5.0l V8 Mustang. Especially one thats 30 years old and has probably been driven like shit by some idiot high school kid at one more points in it's lifetime.

If you're trying to save money, drop the flash cars and possessions. If you do buy something nice for yourself, think of it as an investment and make sure you A get a good deal on it, B buy used, and C buy something you can resell if/when financial hardship strikes. You might not make your money back, but if you need to sell if you can price it to sell for cash and you'll have something rather than nothing if for example you'd bought something cheap and cheerful.

Oh and find a cheap ass place to live. Nothing wrong with living with other people when you're in your 20s. I was paying 350 bucks a month in rent for a long time by living with other people who weren't friends nor family aka room mates.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2015, 09:26:43 PM »
Whats smarter is to not give a shit what car you drive and pick up a mid 00's toyota or honda sedan for 5k and have cheap insurance payments and insane gas milage.

If you're trying to save money, the last thing you want is a 5.0l V8 Mustang. Especially one thats 30 years old and has probably been driven like shit by some idiot high school kid at one more points in it's lifetime.

If you're trying to save money, drop the flash cars and possessions. If you do buy something nice for yourself, think of it as an investment and make sure you A get a good deal on it, B buy used, and C buy something you can resell if/when financial hardship strikes. You might not make your money back, but if you need to sell if you can price it to sell for cash and you'll have something rather than nothing if for example you'd bought something cheap and cheerful.

Oh and find a cheap ass place to live. Nothing wrong with living with other people when you're in your 20s. I was paying 350 bucks a month in rent for a long time by living with other people who weren't friends nor family aka room mates.

Solid

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2015, 09:37:29 PM »
Hey guys serious question. Looks like my house sold and I'll be making a decent return. As I'm now a college guy Im more worried about saving money and getting my toys once I get my degree going.

My big payments are my car and insurance. So I'd like to down size and get rid of the is250

Should I just pay it off and keep it?

Sale it and buy a used older mustang coupe (I'm a mechanic and know them like the back of my hand always wanted a fox body 5.0) and use the money I would have used and invest in a cd or along those lines?

I'm leaning more towards option b. Rolling in luxury is nice. But having a safety net is better

I mean this to be a real post with real responses. As some of the getbiggers here are educated and have some real world experience

I've never been one to waste money on cars. To me, they are convenient transportation. I've kept my cars at least 10 years before trading them in. I've only bought one brand new car and that was in 1967. My current car is 11 years old. I keep it in tip top condition. It should run for another 130,000 miles.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2015, 09:59:28 PM »
Take whatever you make and pay off EVERYTHING. Keep 3-6 months in living expenses and start saving. The luxury stuff is nice but not necessary right now. Dave Ramsey is your friend. Saved my ass along time ago.
http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

For once coach is right. Study up on Dave Ramsey and you will be fine.

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 12:25:44 AM »
Turned 26 a few months ago

I like the look of your girl.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 01:24:00 AM »
so you are 26 and being married twice?

Yes he's headed for the Howard, steve kuclo route

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2015, 01:31:12 AM »

Or hopefully u have very wealthy parents so u don't have to ever worry about this shit and never work a day in your life

Plan B would be play the lotto and hopefully win so u can continue your quest for bbing and plastic trophies

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2015, 03:45:19 AM »
Sell everything and thong it up man. Live in a cheap car, train and eat steronz until you are Mr O

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2015, 06:42:18 AM »
The goal is to have zero debt if/when possible.
My house is paid off, I have all the $$ for my 2 kids college (no loans / debt), a good feeling...

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2015, 07:30:42 AM »
working a 'shitty part time job' while in school helps to build character, and value for time, money, etc.

doing that is the best advice i can give you, because your debilitating war injury has obviously not taught you about integrity.

Ok buddy, I have no idea about integrity or commitment. I don't need character building through a shit job I mafe 12,000 a year for 2 years when I first joined doing the worst jobs they had with stupid long hours   

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2015, 07:41:03 AM »
Build your own bicycle.  All sort of good mechanical engineering lessons and the asian girls will go nuts.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2015, 07:47:14 AM »

Yep. Totally agree. Especially about the car. Waste of money just for some flash that noone really cares about in reality.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2015, 09:49:04 AM »
Build your own bicycle.  All sort of good mechanical engineering lessons and the asian girls will go nuts.

Haha maybe I can can dig it up to run on solar energy and bio fuel.... Liberal bitchs love bio fuel

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2015, 10:05:09 AM »
Mike if this sport has taught me anything about finances it's that if you're not schoming you're not trying.

Your best option here is having your wife work multiple jobs, less time spent by you dealing with her nonsense.

2 birds 1 stone.

You're welcome boss.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2015, 10:07:15 AM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »
Hey guys serious question. Looks like my house sold and I'll be making a decent return. As I'm now a college guy Im more worried about saving money and getting my toys once I get my degree going.

My big payments are my car and insurance. So I'd like to down size and get rid of the is250

Should I just pay it off and keep it?

Sale it and buy a used older mustang coupe (I'm a mechanic and know them like the back of my hand always wanted a fox body 5.0) and use the money I would have used and invest in a cd or along those lines?

I'm leaning more towards option b. Rolling in luxury is nice. But having a safety net is better

I mean this to be a real post with real responses. As some of the getbiggers here are educated and have some real world experience

Since you've already taken the biggest loss on your current car, it may be best to keep it as reliable transportation is important.

As everyone has said, CD's are laughable as investments. Savings accounts are just a little better than under the mattress.

There are too many unknowns to give any specific investment opinions.