Author Topic: 60% of FOX news false?  (Read 13885 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: 60% of FOX news false?
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2015, 09:28:47 AM »
so 100% of all network news is false

STFU and go train for F's sake will you?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2015, 09:32:43 AM »
so 100% of all network news is false

after the statistics from the article in this thread, how could a rational person believe anything they see....on any of these news stations?  

CNN is by far the most honest news station and 20% of everything you see on there is a lie.

I know the point of this thread was to discredit FOX but an intelligent person with no dog in the fight would see this for what it is....being that ALL of our news sources are lying at best 20% of the time, at worst 60%.

everyone have fun voting in the next election based on false information.  i'll stay home and actually do something constructive.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2015, 09:50:04 AM »

go back to bed loser

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2015, 10:05:59 AM »
yeah!
then you will get big and strong like SC and be able to open plastic bottle caps with one swift and successful motion.
w

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2015, 10:12:30 AM »
after the statistics from the article in this thread, how could a rational person believe anything they see....on any of these news stations?  

CNN is by far the most honest news station and 20% of everything you see on there is a lie.

I know the point of this thread was to discredit FOX but an intelligent person with no dog in the fight would see this for what it is....being that ALL of our news sources are lying at best 20% of the time, at worst 60%.

everyone have fun voting in the next election based on false information.  i'll stay home and actually do something constructive.

I can't believe the weather man when he tells me it's raining and I can see the rain outside my window.
I can't believe them when they report on a fire or some other clearly objective event?

If 20% is false then isn't 80% accurate

Of course when you have Faux News reporting on climate change containing over 72 percent misleading statements then you're basically a propaganda organization

When you can't refute that or make an excuse for it the only thing left to do is try to pretend that "everyone" is just as bad and paint the entire net work news with that same brush

That's all the defenders have left that they can do

Of course, it's total bullshit but that's the only gambit left until one has to admit that yes Faux News is in a class by itself when it comes to lying

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2015, 11:31:29 AM »
I can't believe the weather man when he tells me it's raining and I can see the rain outside my window.
I can't believe them when they report on a fire or some other clearly objective event?

If 20% is false then isn't 80% accurate

Of course when you have Faux News reporting on climate change containing over 72 percent misleading statements then you're basically a propaganda organization

When you can't refute that or make an excuse for it the only thing left to do is try to pretend that "everyone" is just as bad and paint the entire net work news with that same brush

That's all the defenders have left that they can do

Of course, it's total bullshit but that's the only gambit left until one has to admit that yes Faux News is in a class by itself when it comes to lying

agree on everything here.  the only concern I have is that you don't seem to be demonizing MSNBC as much as FOX.  I mean its 60-44.  they both have horrible stats.  

I agree that the 60% for FOX is ridiculous.  I think that the 44% for MSNBC is ridiculous too.  I think its safe to say that both networks should be watched with extreme skepticism, maybe even disregarded completely.

and who's to say that you couldn't run a similar test a year from now and FOX would be 44 and MSNBC would be 60?  I'd like to see them run the data when a Republican is in office.  I'm guessing you'd see different results.  simply because FOX panders to Republicans, and tears apart Democratic presidents, spreading half truths and outright lies, they would most probably lie more when the incumbent is a Democrat.  can you tell me honestly that you think MSNBC wouldn't do this too if a Republican is elected in 2016?

bottom line is journalism is dead.  dogma is alive and well.  have fun trying to be an informed voter nowadays.  I honestly believe its impossible.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2015, 11:40:55 AM »
agree on everything here.  the only concern I have is that you don't seem to be demonizing MSNBC as much as FOX.  I mean its 60-44.  they both have horrible stats.  

I agree that the 60% for FOX is ridiculous.  I think that the 44% for MSNBC is ridiculous too.  I think its safe to say that both networks should be watched with extreme skepticism, maybe even disregarded completely.

and who's to say that you couldn't run a similar test a year from now and FOX would be 44 and MSNBC would be 60?  I'd like to see them run the data when a Republican is in office.  I'm guessing you'd see different results.  simply because FOX panders to Republicans, and tears apart Democratic presidents, spreading half truths and outright lies, they would most probably lie more when the incumbent is a Democrat.  can you tell me honestly that you think MSNBC wouldn't do this too if a Republican is elected in 2016?

bottom line is journalism is dead.  dogma is alive and well.  have fun trying to be an informed voter nowadays.  I honestly believe its impossible.

then you completely missed the point of my post

the classic tactic when people on the left can't defend a position is to claim that everyone is just as bad

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2015, 11:44:10 AM »
then you completely missed the point of my post

the classic tactic when people on the left can't defend a position is to claim that everyone is just as bad

true but the tactic on both sides is also ignoring the fact that both sides ARE JUST AS BAD AS THE OTHER.  this is why im done voting.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2015, 11:50:54 AM »
LOL @ the Fox hit piece. So I guess Bengazi was a blatant lie because they broke they story and it wasn't until months later (like 8months later) when the other networks finally woke up. 

they broke the story and tried their best to blame that obama was lying using questionable reporting and outright hit pieces.....

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2015, 11:53:22 AM »
I watch Fox and their hard news is "true," because they simply report the news.  They don't get on the air every day and invent hard news stories.  The opinion shows are just that, so I don't think you can reliably give their opinions some kind of arbitrary "truth" percentage.  

Would be interested to see the breakdown of the hard news vs. opinion shows and the actual statements those folks rated.  

I disagree..they report the news which is then followed up with a hit piece which usually asks "is Obama to blame for ...."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2015, 11:54:16 AM »
I disagree..they report the news which is then followed up with a hit piece which usually asks "is Obama to blame for ...."

Yes - cause gaybama is to blame for everything.   F him

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2015, 11:56:19 AM »
That is part of it.  People do tend to watch and read things that reinforce what they already believe.

But that's not the whole story with Fox.  They're simply better at both their news and opinion shows than anyone else.  The hard news is factual.  The opinions shows overall are solid.  They don't coddle liberals like the MSM.  The hosts and guests are more entertaining and funnier. 

Importantly, they always have opposing viewpoints, so their programming isn't just about parroting whatever the conservative line might be. 

The hard news is fa ctual in that the event they are reporting on actually ocurred but is always slanted toward whether Obama handled it properly, and lo and behold, it is always agreed that he did not handle said issue properly

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2015, 11:56:41 AM »

You agree that they report actual news stories, but disagree with opinions they express.  That doesn't make the news stories false.  This whole subject is retarded.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2015, 11:58:15 AM »
The hard news is fa ctual in that the event they are reporting on actually ocurred but is always slanted toward whether Obama handled it properly, and lo and behold, it is always agreed that he did not handle said issue properly

Let's assume what you say is true.  That doesn't make their news stories false, which was the whole point of the story that started this thread. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2015, 12:00:47 PM »
it's only retarded because he's a fox fan :D :D :D I can't imagine being lied to 60% of the time and still covering for them. can you say pathetic :D

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2015, 12:04:14 PM »
true but the tactic on both sides is also ignoring the fact that both sides ARE JUST AS BAD AS THE OTHER.  this is why im done voting.

this statement doesn't even make any sense and you've still apparently misunderstood or have chosen to ignore my statement

let me make it as clear as possible

Fox News is by far the worst

there is no comparison

the last gambit of the right when faced with the fact that Fox is by far the worst offender is to pretend that both side are equal offenders

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2015, 12:06:28 PM »
it's only retarded because he's a fox fan :D :D :D I can't imagine being lied to 60% of the time and still covering for them. can you say pathetic :D

It's retarded because no reasonable person believes Fox News (or CNN, etc.) invents news stories.  That's just dumb.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2015, 12:08:04 PM »
Let's assume what you say is true.  That doesn't make their news stories false, which was the whole point of the story that started this thread.  

but they take the news and then interpret it by spinning  it for days and days ina a slanted direction which fits the opinions of their comentators and the people who watch.....and this then brainwashes their audience into thinking about issues a certain way............which is usually wrong...then months later they MIGHT issue and apology if someone calls them out on it

How many hours of coverage did they devote to Obama lying about Benghazi???.....turns out there was no lying and no cover up
How many hours of coverage did they devote to Obama siccing the IRS on right wing groups???...turns out no conspiracy there either...
How many hours of coverage did they devote to Obama not handling the Ebola scare properly and stating repeatedly he was threatening the lives and well-being of Americans???...turns out only ONE person died and that person was sick before he even made it to a U.S. hospital

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

ANYBODY WHO DEFENDS FOX IS OUT OF THEIR GODDAMN MINDS

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2015, 12:11:04 PM »
but they take the news and then interpret it by spinning  it for days and days ina a slanted direction which fits the opinions of their comentators and the people who watch.....and this then brainwashes their audience into thinking about issues a certain way............which is usually wrong...then months later they MIGHT issue and apology if someone calls them out on it

How many hours of coverage did they devote to Obama lying about Benghazi???.....turns out there was no lying and no cover up
How many hours of coverage did they devote to Obama siccing the IRS on right wing groups???...turns out no conspiracy there either...
How many hours of coverage did they devote to Obama not handling the Ebola scare properly and stating repeatedly he was threatening the lives and well-being of Americans???...turns out only ONE person died and that person was sick before he even made it to a U.S. hospital

don't bother he's in denial,typ fox viewer,that's why their the lease informed

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2015, 12:13:56 PM »

The news shows report the news. So how many times did they invent hard news?  I don't recall any.  Spending a lot of time covering certain news stories isn't inventing stories.  A large of that is covering what the MSM fails to cover.  

The opinion shows spend a lot of time bashing the president, but he earns most of it.  At least on the shows I watch.  And think about it:  if Fox wasn't around, which other part of the MSM would attempt to hold the president and his people accountable?  

Here is an example of how the MSM treats the president and his people.  Embarrassing.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2015, 12:14:31 PM »
http://www.ucsusa.org/global_warming/solutions/fight-misinformation/cable-news-coverage-climate-change-science.html#.VNlGRPnF_HU

To gauge how accurately these networks inform their audiences about climate change, UCS analyzed the networks' climate science coverage in 2013 and found that each network treated climate science very differently.

Fox News was the least accurate; 72 percent of its 2013 climate science-related segments contained misleading statements. CNN was in the middle, with about a third of segments featuring misleading statements. MSNBC was the most accurate, with only eight percent of segments containing misleading statements.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2015, 12:17:52 PM »
The news shows report the news. So how many times did they invent hard news?  I don't recall any.  Spending a lot of time covering certain news stories isn't inventing stories.  A large of that is covering what the MSM fails to cover.  

The opinion shows spend a lot of time bashing the president, but he earns most of it.  At least on the shows I watch.  And think about it:  if Fox wasn't around, which other part of the MSM would attempt to hold the president and his people accountable?  

Here is an example of how the MSM treats the president and his people.  Embarrassing.  

I do recall FOX reporting false facts when certain Tea Party groups would get together...FOX would often inflate the actual number of people there to try to make tea party support seem bigger than it actually is...I think they got caught twice doing this

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2015, 12:20:01 PM »
Fox News has the hottest babes -  ;)

MSNBC has libfag dykes and trannies

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2015, 12:24:10 PM »
no. for instance, I get my information on US tax from the Internal Revenue Code and the 30-40 hours a year of CPE that I take to get information from actual tax professionals.  not from articles on the internet like you. 

Projecting again are we? We have a free press in Europe very informative and reasonably unbiased.

What is wrong with articles on the internet?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: February 11, 2015, 12:25:56 PM »
I train in my free time unlike 99% of you libfags.   Don't have time for TV

You have time to post here..a lot.

I train as well maybe im the 1%.