Author Topic: Would a cure for cancer really be a good thing?  (Read 11990 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Would a cure for cancer really be a good thing?
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 06:29:07 PM »
Doing God's work. You're a noble and honorable man.

Just trying to help king Shizzo reign supreme on getbig. He gets excited when his threads get a lot of replies.
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 06:36:25 PM »
Might have a point if it only affected the elderly. Toddlers, adolescents, teenagers, young men and women - don't really see the good here.

Unless it just focused on assholes, maybe.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 06:44:49 PM »
You want the cancer rates to drop, stop smoking, stop eating GMOs, stop getting most of the vaccines, stop drinking the poison water, keep your refined products including sugar to a minimum, exercise and keep your red meat consumption to a minimum. That's where most of your cancers come from. We are out of balance and this is what you get.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 06:51:33 PM »
I really hope so, I've got to take medicine for a lifetime time so there's no chance of me catching liver cancer. Not getting vaccinated is what caused me to get this.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2015, 06:57:41 PM »
You want the cancer rates to drop, stop smoking, stop eating GMOs, stop getting most of the vaccines, stop drinking the poison water, keep your refined products including sugar to a minimum, exercise and keep your red meat consumption to a minimum. That's where most of your cancers come from. We are out of balance and this is what you get.

This too, Wiggs?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2015, 07:33:54 PM »

Why not? It's not like its eating into any of their existing market share or diverting revenue stream from anything else.

Now say they found a cure for people to be able to quit smoking or hard recreational drugs instantly.......whole different ball game then.

Ibogaine....it's called fucking ibogaine. And DMT.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2015, 09:19:52 PM »
People who believe in one wacky conspiracy theory are very likely to believe in multiple wacky conspiracy theories.  The anti vaccine nutjobs are particularly bad.  As for "big pharma" not wanting a cure for cancer?!  Please...  If they can charge a lot of chemotherapy, imagine how much they could charge for a cure.  Steve Jobs is a good example.  He actually had a type of pancreatic cancer that actually had a decent chance at being controlled if you get surgery early.  What did he do?  He tried special diets and "natural" treatments.  He did this for around 9 months and then when it wasn't working he then said oh shit, I better get the surgery.  By then the cancer had spread and he was fucked.  Of course we all know though that "cannabis oil" is the magic cure for cancer. 

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2015, 09:29:07 PM »
People who believe in one wacky conspiracy theory are very likely to believe in multiple wacky conspiracy theories.  The anti vaccine nutjobs are particularly bad.  As for "big pharma" not wanting a cure for cancer?!  Please...  If they can charge a lot of chemotherapy, imagine how much they could charge for a cure.  Steve Jobs is a good example.  He actually had a type of pancreatic cancer that actually had a decent chance at being controlled if you get surgery early.  What did he do?  He tried special diets and "natural" treatments.  He did this for around 9 months and then when it wasn't working he then said oh shit, I better get the surgery.  By then the cancer had spread and he was fucked.  Of course we all know though that "cannabis oil" is the magic cure for cancer. 

Quite the generalization liquid c u n t.

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2015, 10:44:58 PM »
People who believe in one wacky conspiracy theory are very likely to believe in multiple wacky conspiracy theories.  The anti vaccine nutjobs are particularly bad.  As for "big pharma" not wanting a cure for cancer?!  Please...  If they can charge a lot of chemotherapy, imagine how much they could charge for a cure.  Steve Jobs is a good example.  He actually had a type of pancreatic cancer that actually had a decent chance at being controlled if you get surgery early.  What did he do?  He tried special diets and "natural" treatments.  He did this for around 9 months and then when it wasn't working he then said oh shit, I better get the surgery.  By then the cancer had spread and he was fucked.  Of course we all know though that "cannabis oil" is the magic cure for cancer.  

They could charge a ton for the cure as they do for the treatments yes, but the cure would be short a short lived financial gain as where the treatments and expensive procedures/drugs are given over the course of many years. Keeping people sick for longer makes more sense for them from a financial stand point. The cancer "business" is one of the biggest in the country and to not even give thought that a corporation on that sort of scale isn't involved in some shady business to make sure there profit margins increase steadily in the face of many morals and ethics would make one very close minded and naïve to the ways of the world.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2015, 10:56:08 PM »
I know its easy to say yes given the amount of people affected by this terrible disease, but would it ultimately doom humanity?

Diseases are nature's way of fighting overpopulation of species.

In 2012, there were an estimated 8.2 million deaths around the world from cancer.

Imagine how many extra people would be on the earth in a decade if a cure was found.

Its a difficult subject.

Don't worry about it. There is not likely to be a cure for cancer in general. Some types of cancer can be brought into remission if caught in the early stages. There are many types of cancer, many of them will kill you if you have them.

mazfit

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2015, 12:28:28 AM »
probably already have the cure, but not in the intrest of big pharma currently.

K A N N I B A L

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2015, 12:45:55 AM »
big pharma doesnt want there to be a cure for cancer.

If that were true, and the cure was being suppressed for profit, one of these giants would have surely approached Steve jobs and given him the cure secretly for the 50 billion or so he was worth....I don't doubt drug companies love money, but there's a lot more money selling a cure, than a patch.
My partner is back getting chemotherapy after 18months in remission, and there isn't a thing we or our families wouldn't give for her to be cure,  and that'd add up to a lot more than they're making on the treatment

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2015, 01:14:36 AM »
Quite the generalization perspicacious observation liquid c u n t.
Has the cancer rate escalated greatly since the introduction of recombinant DNA procedures? (1980)

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2015, 01:17:33 AM »
I work in big Pharma and I can tell you for a fact, if any of them had a cure, they would release it in a heartbeat. The bonuses for the incumbent CEO, of the company with the cure, would make damn sure it would be released. The stock price would rocket and the company would soon be one of the biggest players in the game (if they weren't already).

These companies think in quarterly earnings, if there is anyway to improve them, they will literally kill their mothers to do it. Holding out on the biggest blockbuster ever..... Only a deluded Hebrew would think that they would do such a thing.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2015, 02:08:07 AM »
If population growth was under control then yes.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2015, 02:09:58 AM »
Dr. Tullio Simoncini has done a great job finding easy solutions for cancer. He's wanted by Interpol right now.

http://www.curenaturalicancro.com/en/

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2015, 03:08:22 AM »
We keep talking about a cure for cancer like it would be a one stop solution for all forms and variations of the disease.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2015, 04:12:08 AM »
We are forgetting about the Illuminati, whose stated goal is to cleave the earth's population down to a manageable several million. They would never allow a cure for cancer as that would impact their bottom line.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2015, 05:41:49 AM »
We keep talking about a cure for cancer like it would be a one stop solution for all forms and variations of the disease.

What's this we shit? Read your subject title, pal: "cancer," no s.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2015, 06:01:45 AM »
What's this we shit? Read your subject title, pal: "cancer," no s.
Tough crowd.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2015, 06:34:57 AM »

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2015, 10:09:02 AM »

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2015, 10:57:19 AM »
Would it boost the economy, or actually hurt it? The healthcare industry would be massively affected.

You could argue that there would be loss of work, due to less demand in the healthcare field, and more people alive to compete for jobs.

As sick as it sounds, death is big business.

Cancer is big business, don't expect a cure anytime soon.

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2015, 01:04:27 PM »
I work in big Pharma and I can tell you for a fact, if any of them had a cure, they would release it in a heartbeat. The bonuses for the incumbent CEO, of the company with the cure, would make damn sure it would be released. The stock price would rocket and the company would soon be one of the biggest players in the game (if they weren't already).

These companies think in quarterly earnings, if there is anyway to improve them, they will literally kill their mothers to do it. Holding out on the biggest blockbuster ever..... Only a deluded Hebrew would think that they would do such a thing.

Why would they want to let their customers "go" so to speak, if a cure were readily available millions of people would no longer have to be dependent on expensive and dangerous drugs/procedures for years on end. Most businesses put profit margin ahead of morals/ethics it's just here we're dealing with peoples health and well being which makes it especially horrendous.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2015, 01:19:57 PM »
If you get cancer I certainly hope a cure is never found.