Author Topic: What dumb ass BB supplements did you get suckered into  (Read 10236 times)

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
Re: What dumb ass BB supplements did you get suckered into
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2015, 06:51:20 AM »
I am pretty sure I tried absolutely every bottle of snake oil that hit the market since 1984 in a vain effort to avoid the dark side.

I remember I read about M1T in an MD magazine, found a website that sold it and bought some thinking it was just another testosterone booster, I swear like a week after I started taking it my bench was up 30lbs, that shit worked like magic, I would stay on it for months without a break, then the government classified it as an illegal substance lol, after that I was like fuck it what else can I get

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2015, 07:30:51 AM »
Let's see...

Gamma Oryzanol
Vanadyl Sulfate
Chromium Pinocchio nose
MetRx - the original cost of this stuff was beyond ridiculous.  The marketing was brilliant.

Then, I bought a few amps of Negma Parabolin.  It was at that point that I realized these miracle muscle supplements were nothing but BS and a total waste of money.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2015, 07:31:47 AM »
MetRx - the original cost of this stuff was beyond ridiculous.  The marketing was brilliant.

Oh yes...I remember when I got my first full box of 90 servings.....stupid money....
Y

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2015, 07:39:22 AM »
Oh yes...I remember when I got my first full box of 90 servings.....stupid money....

I think my first box of 90 was like half my fucking paycheck that week, FFS. I could actually FEEL the muscle growing while I was "on" MetRX.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2015, 07:44:22 AM »
So none of you used hmb for decca like effects...

I remember glutamie being big just because yates used to spoon it in after training..

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2015, 07:46:16 AM »
I think my first box of 90 was like half my fucking paycheck that week, FFS. I could actually FEEL the muscle growing while I was "on" MetRX.

Yeah, I thought something great was going to happen too.

I was easily my strongest around that time in the bench, military and squat around that time...but I knew nothing about techniques, scaling back, etc....
Y

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2015, 07:47:06 AM »
All of them. I wasted a shitload of money. Test boosters and pre workouts were the main culprits.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2015, 07:49:48 AM »
Like most naive teen doofuses just getting into bbing: protein and weight gain powder.

Evening Primrose Oil was a hot supp for a while. I think I bought a bottle.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2015, 09:33:20 AM »
Got suckered into buying Smilax in the late 80's. 

same  :-\

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2015, 09:35:53 AM »
Vanadyl (v2g) , boron, glutamine. All shit. Only product that ever worked was ephedra/ephedrine and cheap  caffeine pills (.67 cents for 100) from Walmart.

oh man i forgot about vanadyl and boron. Yup tried those too  :-\

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2015, 09:41:22 AM »

I remember glutamie being big just because yates used to spoon it in after training..

I saved up for a 3 month betagen supply for my first photo's taken all dieted down. Stuff was $120 month to use. A lot of cash in 1997.
?

millineum man

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2015, 08:07:25 PM »
I bought Hot Stuff years ago when Evander Holyfield advertised for them. I actually did put on alot of size, but I was 16-17 years old at the time. There were rumors that the original batches had Dbol in them. ;D

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2015, 08:39:15 PM »
First supplement I ever bought was Twinlabs Amino Fuel.  I thought I was going to get so jacked it made me feel super good.  Probably just worth the money for the false beliefs as a teenager.  Studies have already shown you can grow muscle just by thinking about it.

Haha was my first supplement purchase as well. I couldn't even take those fucking horse pills back then. Now I can swallow loads of pills by the handful #nohomo

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2015, 08:43:26 PM »
I bought Hot Stuff years ago when Evander Holyfield advertised for them. I actually did put on alot of size, but I was 16-17 years old at the time. There were rumors that the original batches had Dbol in them. ;D

the dbal dose would not even be consistent in your body, I doubt those rumours were ever true.
Supps that have been proven tainted were just made after some UG crew made a batch or orals using the machine, lol.. Not enough dose to do anything.
?

macgarth

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2015, 09:02:03 PM »
Test boosters, fancy creatine delivery systems (phosphagen hp), and a few biotest products. However, I think that Indigo 3G shit is legit  :o

lightweight

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2015, 09:15:11 PM »
Haha was my first supplement purchase as well. I couldn't even take those fucking horse pills back then. Now I can swallow loads of pills by the handful #nohomo

I had the liquid form so that wasn't an issue.  Instant flood of mind bursting pumps haha.

Birch

• Getbig I
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2015, 09:28:36 PM »
Worst thing I´ve ever tasted was some kind of green tea extract - kinda brownish powder.. Aw man, it was awful :D

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2015, 09:34:48 PM »

It wasn't from lack of want, it was from lack of cash, I remember a bottle was like $70 - 80 at my local GNC on sale. And all the smaller bottles of EAS supplements were in a locked display case, so you'd have to get a manager to come over if you wanted it, which was actually helpful, because the hassle made you forget about it after a while.

It remember the whole hustle, Phosphagen gave you Dianabol like pumps, and HMB felt like deca. While I didn't believe that, in my teenage mind I figured may be it would be like a low dose of Anavar, afterall, Bill Phillips wouldn't lie to us, he was one of us.... :).

By the time I saved up enough birthday money to afford the full EAS stack (which was probably $200 - 300 a month), everyone figured out that it was just horseshit, and I stopped caring about whether HMB felt like deca  ;D ;D.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2015, 09:41:22 PM »
First supplement I ever bought was Twinlabs Amino Fuel.  I thought I was going to get so jacked it made me feel super good.  Probably just worth the money for the false beliefs as a teenager.  Studies have already shown you can grow muscle just by thinking about it.
^^
That was actually one of the GOOD supplements back then!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2015, 09:43:56 PM »
There was a Weider product called Protein 101 or some such name. Anyway, that was way back in the early seventies and boy did that one taste good. Sweet, but tasty. Good for getting more calories in.

Shortly after getting a can of this yummy stuff all the Weider supplements were taken off the shelves. The Australian government tested some products and found that the contents didn't match what was printed

on the labels. The amounts of protein inside were greatly exaggerated. That 101 never appeared in Australia again which is a shame. Weider was fined $ and the money was forwarded to genuine research into nutrition.

I don't use or recommend supplements. Study nutrition and buy what you need at the super market. You don't need all that extra protein. A big lie still peddled by the supplement sponsored magazines.

heenok

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2015, 12:53:20 AM »
worst stuff ive wasted money on were tribulus, kre alkalyne, anabeta

i have to say most test boosters made me feel hornier and increased my sperm loads

and all driven sports supps ive tried DID work

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2015, 02:09:07 AM »
I usually just stuck to whey and creatine and wouldn't say either is a waste since whey is basically food and creatine works (at least for me).

However, I occasionally got natural test boosters and fat burners (hydroxycuts) and they basically did fuck all despite being fairly pricey. Wasted some cash by getting sucked in by the fancy labels and marketing.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2015, 02:11:01 AM »

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2015, 06:07:35 AM »
I had the liquid form so that wasn't an issue.  Instant flood of mind bursting pumps haha.

Ahh yes I tried that as well a year or so later. Elixir of the gods

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2015, 06:10:35 AM »
Test boosters, fancy creatine delivery systems (phosphagen hp), and a few biotest products. However, I think that Indigo 3G shit is legit  :o

You must now explain what you mean by "legit" and then prove that you don't work for Biotest.