Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions
What the hell has happened to American movies?
(1/7) > >>
Wiggs:
I'm as nerdy as the next sumbitch but comicbook movies dominating American cinema the last decade or so doesn't speak to the quality of the work.  Or is it Americans are so dumbed down that now they are entertained by simple, non-complex things? It seems the general public would rather see things that go boom and bright lights vs. a great plot with great writing.  Or they'll just remake someones shit and add cell phones and internet.
The only really good movies I consistently see are independent films and that's probably cause they have more creative freedom than some big studio would give them.  Anyway, how do you see it from your side?  
ritch:
Comedies suck now as well. Either I'm getting old and don't get the new shit, dunno... Haven't see a recent movie in years,yet went to rent something the other day and just could not find anything I really wanted to see.

thegamechanger:
i saw boyhood went up against birdman on the oscars. maybe you count birdman as a superhero movie ???
OlympiaGym:
Hollywood makes a lot less movies now because its to risky to have a flop. they have to make sure the movie they make will make a profit and in order to do so it has to be something they will want to see in asia, etc. the us market is not that important anymore relatively speaking. there are a lot of articles about this and its only going to get worse
King Shizzo:
It's horror movies that don't really do anything for me as an adult.

They are all fucking stupid. Annabelle? Oh brother.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version