Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 11230 times)

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
Re: Global Warming
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2015, 04:10:38 PM »
yes coming through our evolution/transformation.

"Man is a transitional being; he is not final. As it did not begin with him, neither does it end with him. He is not its evident crown, not its highest issue, not the last clear sum of Nature. Nature has not brought out in man her highest possibilities; she has not reached in him the supreme heights of consciousness and being; as there was before him the infrahuman, the insect and animal, so there shall be after him the superhuman, the superman.
Man may himself become the superman, he may become all that he is not now; but for that he must exceed himself. It is not by clinging to his present imperfect consciousness that he can take the next step in the evolution. He must discover and release the spiritual godhead within him, realise his divine possibilities, be himself the giant potential something, the divine someone who has been struggling into emergence out of the original plasm that imprisoned it since began the mystery of terrestrial Nature." - Sri Aurobindo

have you seen any hints of this supernatural stuff

I more open minded about this than I used to be

"

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2015, 05:18:22 PM »
Quick post to show i am not dead.

I think the climate change lobby is out of control and detrimental to science (you are a pariah if you disagree with it) but as has been said weather is not climate. It was -18c here with snow for six weeks in 2009/10. That was freakish for here. 2010/2011 we had three weeks snow. Since then snow shovels and grit have sold well and people stockpile them. We had two cm his week in some places. Fuck all since 2011. Weather is not climate.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2015, 06:06:14 PM »
"

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2015, 06:11:57 PM »

The others don't confirm global warming/climate change either. The Orwellian wording of these environmental political babble articles, designed to make quick profits for some, at the expense of the masses, is appalling, yet obvious.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2015, 06:20:21 PM »
The others don't confirm global warming/climate change either. The Orwellian wording of these environmental political babble articles, designed to make quick profits for some, at the expense of the masses, is appalling, yet obvious.

Curious to know more about your thoughts on the coming mutation of the human species
"

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2015, 06:29:19 PM »
Curious to know more about your thoughts on the coming mutation of the human species

What coming mutation of the human species?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2015, 06:31:36 PM »
Choosing not to have children is about the only way and best way to combat global warming.

I am doing my part for sure in this regard.  No other action can even compare as far as carbon output is concerned.

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2015, 06:37:25 PM »
What coming mutation of the human species?

something is coming but details are sparse
"

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2015, 06:43:49 PM »
Choosing not to have children is about the only way and best way to combat global warming.

I am doing my part for sure in this regard.  No other action can even compare as far as carbon output is concerned.

consider investing in a used vehicle instead of buying new.  A lot of energy is expended manufacturing cars.

air-cooled 90's Porsche 993 sounds about right.
"

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2015, 07:41:42 PM »

On behalf of all of humanity, I want to thank you for not reproducing.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2015, 07:55:15 PM »
I am doing my part for sure in this regard.  No other action can even compare as far as carbon output is concerned.

best things an individual can do to reduce greenhouse gasses in the upper atmosphere is 1) don't eat beef, 2) minimize your number of long distance flights

http://www.extension.org/pages/69145/sources-of-agricultural-greenhouse-gases

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2015, 10:01:23 AM »
carbon levels follow climate change not the other way around

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 1972 - Walter Cronkite warned of a new Ice Age
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2015, 10:03:01 AM »

the gentleman with the snowball oversees the environmental protection programs for th US

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2015, 11:18:04 AM »
"

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2015, 11:22:48 AM »
yes coming through our evolution/transformation.

"Man is a transitional being; he is not final. As it did not begin with him, neither does it end with him. He is not its evident crown, not its highest issue, not the last clear sum of Nature. Nature has not brought out in man her highest possibilities; she has not reached in him the supreme heights of consciousness and being; as there was before him the infrahuman, the insect and animal, so there shall be after him the superhuman, the superman.
Man may himself become the superman, he may become all that he is not now; but for that he must exceed himself. It is not by clinging to his present imperfect consciousness that he can take the next step in the evolution. He must discover and release the spiritual godhead within him, realise his divine possibilities, be himself the giant potential something, the divine someone who has been struggling into emergence out of the original plasm that imprisoned it since began the mystery of terrestrial Nature." - Sri Aurobindo

Or, maybe...man isnt going to evolve , more likely devolve and will simply destroy itself and disapear, leaving other animal species to dominate the planet until the sun explodes and destroys it once and for all...

It's probably more reassuring to believe something "greater" awaits us than realizing nothing awaits us tho.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2015, 11:24:43 AM »
you find reassurance in your own worldview otherwise you wouldnt have it.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2015, 04:58:05 AM »
carbon levels follow climate change not the other way around

What?

are you saying that the warming is not due to C02 but that C02 is a consequence? what is the driver of warming then?

Oh by the way, kundalini nonsense you might feel is simply a known phenomenon called Kindling. Isn't Science fun? it makes bullshit explainable without crazy non-sensical fantasies.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #142 on: March 07, 2015, 05:00:08 AM »
you know nothing about kundalini so keep your trap shut.

And it is real scientists who I listen to about climate change saying that, not tin foil hattery.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: March 07, 2015, 05:07:48 AM »
you know nothing about kundalini so keep your trap shut.

And it is real scientists who I listen to about climate change saying that, not tin foil hattery.

Oh jesus.

Yes it's so esoteric I couldn't possibly know anything about it. When you think god is coming out of your bottom and shooting through your "chakras" take a minute and read about kindling.

What do you mean "real scientists" if they aren't climatologists who cares? you sound like Beach Bum, you have a group of "real" experts who you consult that have the "real" answers.

What you are saying doesn't make sense, in a basic chemistry, climatology manner. What is causing the current warming if not C02 (a greenhouse gas)?

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #144 on: March 07, 2015, 05:24:05 AM »
Lets put the kundalini issue aside here this is a global warming thread. I will read about Kindling but I know where your coming from, that there is no spiritual basis for life and matter, well I disagree and wont waste time arguing that.

Yes they are climatologists and they say carbon levels follow warming and cooling. The warming and cooling are from the sun.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: March 07, 2015, 05:28:14 AM »
Lets put the kundalini issue aside here this is a global warming thread. I will read about Kindling but I know where your coming from, that there is no spiritual basis for life and matter, well I disagree and wont waste time arguing that.

Yes they are climatologists and they say carbon levels follow warming and cooling. The warming and cooling are from the sun.

Ok, so what aspect of the sun? you realize we measure solar output very accurately right? based on the sun's output (slightly less currently) we should be cooling if no other factors were present.

They are wrong, flat out wrong. NASA has whole satellites dedicated to solar study, we can see solar flares, measure UV reaching the surface etc. You are either flat out lying, don't understand what they are saying or these "friends" are poor climatologists.

Show me a paper outlining what they are saying.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2015, 06:43:36 AM »
you find reassurance in your own worldview otherwise you wouldnt have it.

Nothing reassuring about reality.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: March 07, 2015, 09:05:54 AM »

It's hard for some to face the bare facts of the matter.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: March 07, 2015, 09:11:02 AM »
Or, maybe...man isnt going to evolve , more likely devolve and will simply destroy itself and disapear, leaving other animal species to dominate the planet until the sun explodes and destroys it once and for all...

It's probably more reassuring to believe something "greater" awaits us than realizing nothing awaits us tho.

The whole quote is a misunderstanding of evolution. Evolution has no goal, no direction, there is no final form and not all things are possible, we will still be carbon based DNA containing organisms. Evolution occurs from pressure, can't reach the food in the tree, the ones with longer necks can and thus live and breed making longer necks.We have circumvented selective pressure, evolution isn't cell from dragon ball z, there is no final form, we won't be supermen.

Humans will control evolution and perhaps genetically modify people, but a slow progression of winged humans communicating via telepathy isn't going to happen from any pressure I can think of.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2015, 10:12:14 AM »

pretty arrogant to think you know reality. Go deeper.