Author Topic: Global Warming  (Read 11193 times)

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
Re: Global Warming
« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2015, 10:14:16 AM »
The whole quote is a misunderstanding of evolution. Evolution has no goal, no direction, there is no final form and not all things are possible, we will still be carbon based DNA containing organisms. Evolution occurs from pressure, can't reach the food in the tree, the ones with longer necks can and thus live and breed making longer necks.We have circumvented selective pressure, evolution isn't cell from dragon ball z, there is no final form, we won't be supermen.

Humans will control evolution and perhaps genetically modify people, but a slow progression of winged humans communicating via telepathy isn't going to happen from any pressure I can think of.

the whole quote came from a man with a greater intellect than all getbiggers put together.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2015, 10:16:20 AM »
There is no global warming. There is climate change.  It is done at the hands of humans.  It's cyclical.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2015, 12:21:32 PM »
the whole quote came from a man with a greater intellect than all getbiggers put together.

In what respect. A man can be brilliant, if he is simply ignorant of the facts of science (sometimes counter-intuitive, needing extensions on intellect, ie microscope) he could easily misconstrue something. I just rebutted him, Evolution isn't going anywhere, it didn't have humans as a goal, nothing.

You can't keep hiding behind logical fallacies like appealing to your "friends" who may or may not exist. You cannot simply state someone is really smart and assume everything they say is correct. I am not doubting he is a genius, I am just pointing out a inconsistency with reality.

Are you saying evolution is purposeful?

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2015, 12:31:32 PM »

The whole quote came from a religious crackpot.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2015, 12:45:13 PM »
In what respect. A man can be brilliant, if he is simply ignorant of the facts of science (sometimes counter-intuitive, needing extensions on intellect, ie microscope) he could easily misconstrue something. I just rebutted him, Evolution isn't going anywhere, it didn't have humans as a goal, nothing.

You can't keep hiding behind logical fallacies like appealing to your "friends" who may or may not exist. You cannot simply state someone is really smart and assume everything they say is correct. I am not doubting he is a genius, I am just pointing out a inconsistency with reality.

Yes.

The whole quote came from a religious crackpot.

He was well beyond conventional religious mode of thought. He bridged east and west in his vision. Of course anyone with an allergy to anything spiritual will dismiss his words.

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2015, 12:48:50 PM »
Yes.

He was well beyond conventional religious mode of thought. He bridged east and west in his vision. Of course anyone with an allergy to anything spiritual will dismiss his words.

Wasn't Sri Aurobino a close relative of Swami Suchabanana?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2015, 01:16:36 PM »
There is no global warming. There is climate change.  It is done at the hands of humans.  It's cyclical.

How is climate on Nabiru world  8)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2015, 01:51:26 PM »

The whole hierarchy of species canard.
A