Author Topic: So America fought the British in a revolution................  (Read 9760 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: So America fought the British in a revolution................
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2015, 01:34:54 PM »
What a cop out.  By the way, you haven't left it to others.  You've attack my character more than my arguments.  Again on the topic of not being open minded.  What am I not open minded about?  You haven't offered any new solutions for me to consider.  You have the audacity to ask me for solutions while you provide nothing but the old failed policies.  Maybe you should open your mind to other possibilities.
Are you referring to my arguments against public housing?  There is a plethora of evidence that public housing is a roach motel for the poor.  Once you crawl in you're not crawling back out. I would suggest that the closed minded person is you.

I just heaved a huge sigh. It is not because I am exasperated with you, but because I realized I was going to reply to you again despite the strong feeling I have that this discussion has and will go nowhere.

If your perception is that I attacked you character, then I have failed to express my feelings adequately. I apologize for any misconceptions I may have given you. Truthfully, I haven't given your character much consideration one way or the other.

I haven't offered any solutions because, quite frankly, I don't have any. I have ideas based on what seems to be working fairly well in other developed countries, but I also don't know what the downside of their social programs are except that taxes in most of these countries are higher then they are here. The one problem I believe is attributable to today's culture, especially in the U.S. is that families don't stand together and help their own to the degree that they do in some other countries, like Germany. I mention Germany because I have family who live there which gives me a smattering of knowledge regarding the culture there.

I mentioned the WPA, because some folks believe that it was a good solution to a similar problem with poverty that occurred many years ago. Whether something like that would work today, I really don't know. I do believe giving people work where they can earn some money is preferable to giving them handouts.

I am not a fan of public housing either. Shelters are temporary solutions which seem necessary I believe because the alternative is to let folks freeze to death during cold weather. From what I've read about homeless camps, many of the people in them shun shelters anyway.

Your suggestion that folks move to places which offer more affordable opportunities isn't a bad idea, but I think it is somewhat flawed. Exampling my own experience, my wife and I moved from West Hollywood, CA to Oregon in the early 60's because we could afford better housing here and because we liked the more family friendly environment to raise our soon to be born son. Also, the company I worked for had a position available in Portland, so I knew I would have an income. Are you aware that in much of the U.S. small towns and smaller cities are failing? Housing is cheap in these places for a reason....there are few if any jobs.

My forefathers lived in a very quaint little town. Albion, MI has great housing. Main street is still paved in herringbone brick. The population there is small. Heck I could sell the home I live in here and buy several there on the proceeds because housing is so cheap. This would really work well for me financially. Why? Well because I am retired and don't need to work. The reason there are a lot of inexpensive properties there is because there are no jobs. Unfortunately this is not an isolated situation in small towns in the U.S.

If you know of smaller cities and towns where there are jobs and services and where there is inexpensive housing, please post this. Who knows, some homeless person with and Iphone might read your post spread the word.

I posted information about HUD housing today, which is a far cry from the public housing projects to which you refer. Those tenements and projects were exactly what you describe. One reason many landlords shun HUD is because low income folks have a bad reputation for maintaining their property. Whether it is deserved or not, I don't really know. I suspect there is some truth to it though.

As for homeless camps. In Portland, the city council has designated an area near the Pearl as a homeless camp. The folks who bought million dollar condos in the Pearl are understandably upset about having a homeless camp in their backyard. I don't blame them. If I lived there, I would be too.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2015, 01:43:31 PM »
I just heaved a huge sigh. It is not because I am exasperated with you, but because I realized I was going to reply to you again despite the strong feeling I have that this discussion has and will go nowhere.

If your perception is that I attacked you character, then I have failed to express my feelings adequately. I apologize for any misconceptions I may have given you. Truthfully, I haven't given your character much consideration one way or the other.

I haven't offered any solutions because, quite frankly, I don't have any. I have ideas based on what seems to be working fairly well in other developed countries, but I also don't know what the downside of their social programs are except that taxes in most of these countries are higher then they are here. The one problem I believe is attributable to today's culture, especially in the U.S. is that families don't stand together and help their own to the degree that they do in some other countries, like Germany. I mention Germany because I have family who live there which gives me a smattering of knowledge regarding the culture there.

I mentioned the WPA, because some folks believe that it was a good solution to a similar problem with poverty that occurred many years ago. Whether something like that would work today, I really don't know. I do believe giving people work where they can earn some money is preferable to giving them handouts.

I am not a fan of public housing either. Shelters are temporary solutions which seem necessary I believe because the alternative is to let folks freeze to death during cold weather. From what I've read about homeless camps, many of the people in them shun shelters anyway.

Your suggestion that folks move to places which offer more affordable opportunities isn't a bad idea, but I think it is somewhat flawed. Exampling my own experience, my wife and I moved from West Hollywood, CA to Oregon in the early 60's because we could afford better housing here and because we liked the more family friendly environment to raise our soon to be born son. Also, the company I worked for had a position available in Portland, so I knew I would have an income. Are you aware that in much of the U.S. small towns and smaller cities are failing? Housing is cheap in these places for a reason....there are few if any jobs.

My forefathers lived in a very quaint little town. Albion, MI has great housing. Main street is still paved in herringbone brick. The population there is small. Heck I could sell the home I live in here and buy several there on the proceeds because housing is so cheap. This would really work well for me financially. Why? Well because I am retired and don't need to work. The reason there are a lot of inexpensive properties there is because there are no jobs. Unfortunately this is not an isolated situation in small towns in the U.S.

If you know of smaller cities and towns where there are jobs and services and where there is inexpensive housing, please post this. Who knows, some homeless person with and Iphone might read your post spread the word.

I posted information about HUD housing today, which is a far cry from the public housing projects to which you refer. Those tenements and projects were exactly what you describe. One reason many landlords shun HUD is because low income folks have a bad reputation for maintaining their property. Whether it is deserved or not, I don't really know. I suspect there is some truth to it though.

As for homeless camps. In Portland, the city council has designated an area near the Pearl as a homeless camp. The folks who bought million dollar condos in the Pearl are understandably upset about having a homeless camp in their backyard. I don't blame them. If I lived there, I would be too.

You know exactly what you intended.  Don't try to pass it off as a misunderstanding.  What load of crap.  Own your words and actions. Men who play games like you are attempting to do are not worthy of respect.  You have no integrity.  You've not only considered my character you've made judgement of it.  You seem to believe I'm the type of person who would engage sinking a cruise ship full of poor people.  You also attempt to tried to attribute the use of the word deadbeat to me when I never use the word.  You're so dishonest.

Okay you win. Your capacity for arguing from a purely negative viewpoint is insufferable and frankly has become boring. Look me up when your ideas for fixing the problem with all these "deadbeats" that seem to be plaguing you has worked. Hey, here's an idea you might like; give these losers free passage on a cruise ship and then sink it when it's too far out for anyone to swim ashore.

A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: March 04, 2015, 02:13:09 PM »
two people that no one reads arguing for five pages

much success  8)
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2015, 02:13:59 PM »

much success  8)
:-*

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2015, 02:16:26 PM »

much success  8)

Thanks, man.  I thought we was cool.
A

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2015, 02:38:16 PM »
Thanks, man.  I thought we was cool.
All this time, and people have not caught on.  ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2015, 03:13:02 PM »
You know exactly what you intended.  Don't try to pass it off as a misunderstanding.  What load of crap.  Own your words and actions. Men who play games like you are attempting to do are not worthy of respect.  You have no integrity.  You've not only considered my character you've made judgement of it.  You seem to believe I'm the type of person who would engage sinking a cruise ship full of poor people.  You also attempt to tried to attribute the use of the word deadbeat to me when I never use the word.  You're so dishonest.

No offense intended, but you appear to need counseling.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2015, 03:18:21 PM »
No offense intended, but you appear to need counseling.

This is another example of you considering and judging my character.  It's yet another example of you using insults instead of arguments and it's uncalled for.  I must have gotten under your skin. What did I say that wasn't true?  You said those things and are now slinking away like a bitch.  Seriously, you're to old to be acting like a dishonest pussy.  Own your actions.
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2015, 03:22:20 PM »
This is another example of you considering and judging my character.  It's yet another example of you using insults instead of arguments and it's uncalled for.  I must have gotten under your skin. What did I say that wasn't true?  You said those things and are now slinking away like a bitch.  Seriously, you're to old to be acting like a dishonest pussy.  Own your actions.

Seriously....get help!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 04, 2015, 03:24:44 PM »
Seriously....get help!
Where you a hippy Prime?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #111 on: March 04, 2015, 03:26:09 PM »
Seriously....get help!

You need to get help because you can't even remember the shit you say.  What did I say that is untrue?  What did I say that indicates I need to get help? Asking you to own what you say indicates I need help?  You keep proving my point.  You have nothing left but insults.   Your feelings are hurt and you're acting out by being bitch.

Where you a hippy Prime?

The guy lacks enough integrity to be anything.
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: March 04, 2015, 03:46:30 PM »
You need to get help because you can't even remember the shit you say.  What did I say that is untrue?  What did I say that indicates I need to get help? Asking you to own what you say indicates I need help?  You keep proving my point.  You have nothing left but insults.   Your feelings are hurt and you're acting out by being bitch.

You are acting as if Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz poured a bucket of water on you.

Get help.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #113 on: March 04, 2015, 03:50:56 PM »
You are acting as if Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz poured a bucket of water on you.

Get help.

And you would be the cowardly lion.  Man up and own how you're behaving. You started the insults when you got frustrated.  You said I would enjoy seeing a cruise ship of poor people sink and that I used the word deadbeat.  You denied doing this and pathetically tried to play off you behavior as a misunderstanding. Don't you have an ounce of integrity or honor? When I'm in the wrong I admit it.  You should do that same.
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 04, 2015, 11:01:24 PM »
Sometimes I go way overboard. This is one of those times. I apologize to all of Getbig for once again becoming tiresome and annoying. It's a poor excuse, but I just get caught up in the moment and lose track of what is appropriate here.

A lot of good stuff has been posted by several of you with regards to what is a huge problem in the U.S. Damn, but I wish we could pool our ideas and resolve this. I know I don't have the answers. I do have ideas and a lot of personal experience, some of which I have posted here.

Chops to Shizzo for realizing that when I talk about personal experiences, I am not blowing smoke. Like many people, I've done a lot of dumb shit, seen a lot more and some if it is family related. I suspect there are those of you among us who have more revealing stories to tell then I do, but choose to keep them private for reasons of your own.

We are one big human family. Each of us is an individual and yet there are a lot of similarities between us all, believe it or like it or not.

BTW, just to throw in some humor, this is not my eulogy. I am not dying yet. I intend to haunt this place insufferably for many more years. Since I still work out, this entire post is bodybuilding related.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2015, 05:44:29 AM »
Sometimes I go way overboard. This is one of those times. I apologize to all of Getbig for once again becoming tiresome and annoying. It's a poor excuse, but I just get caught up in the moment and lose track of what is appropriate here.

A lot of good stuff has been posted by several of you with regards to what is a huge problem in the U.S. Damn, but I wish we could pool our ideas and resolve this. I know I don't have the answers. I do have ideas and a lot of personal experience, some of which I have posted here.

Chops to Shizzo for realizing that when I talk about personal experiences, I am not blowing smoke. Like many people, I've done a lot of dumb shit, seen a lot more and some if it is family related. I suspect there are those of you among us who have more revealing stories to tell then I do, but choose to keep them private for reasons of your own.

We are one big human family. Each of us is an individual and yet there are a lot of similarities between us all, believe it or like it or not.

BTW, just to throw in some humor, this is not my eulogy. I am not dying yet. I intend to haunt this place insufferably for many more years. Since I still work out, this entire post is bodybuilding related.

Nice Archer induced meltdown Prime.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2015, 05:49:44 AM »
Nice Archer induced meltdown Prime.

Weird, I read his post and thought "Nicely written, well done" and you get "Meltdown"

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2015, 05:50:47 AM »
Weird, I read his post and thought "Nicely written, well done" and you get "Meltdown"
Meltdown.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V